[Locked] We need to remove ordnance drops, and soon

OP MNZ Camel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Ordnance was a bad idea in my opinion (we all have one), it's far to random. I believe we need to just remove personal ordnance completely and here's why. Pretend you're in a super competitive match, nobody's going on a spree it's like 2 kills and then a death. So now the score is 55-55 and a guy gets the Binary Rifle as ordnance, gets a spree and ends the match. You may have received ordnance as well, but it's all luck of the draw. You might get a needler in this same scenario, which is good but not worth the work to get the ordnance. Considering how little skill is involved with the personal ordnance, I think for the good of Halo 4 competitively. Now you might like having a Sniper handed to you, but trust me you won't be too thrilled when you get a speed boost and the opposition gets the Incineration Cannon. Now I think we either remove personal ordnance or change it so that it's the same (every map has it's own set of ordnance, that way it's equal). Do you really want your game to be ruined by a roll of the dice? If not, then we need to remove/change the ordnance.
What are you talking about ordnance is amazing. Do you know why? Let's say the other team is destroying you and you have no hope but you get your ordnance then you can take them out. But if we get rid of it this game will be a lot more boring and plus a lot of things in the game need ordnance. Besides don't you like to get a sniper rifle in a place like Adrift? If you ask me we need ordnance.
Im good with it the way it is. Thanks tho.
Imho i say the gauss and tank need to be removed from exile.
Quote:
What are you talking about ordnance is amazing. Do you know why? Let's say the other team is destroying you and you have no hope but you get your ordnance then you can take them out. But if we get rid of it this game will be a lot more boring and plus a lot of things in the game need ordnance. Besides don't you like to get a sniper rifle in a place like Adrift? If you ask me we need ordnance.
So what your saying is that because you lack the skill to defeat your opponents you should be rewarded with power weapons?
You're just complaining that you keep losing all the time because other people get lucky with their ordance during a match and you don't... Crai moar plex
NOOO why you wanna do that? KEEP IT pleaseeee! :(
Quote:
Ordnance was a bad idea in my opinion (we all have one), it's far to random. I believe we need to just remove personal ordnance completely and here's why. Pretend you're in a super competitive match, nobody's going on a spree it's like 2 kills and then a death. So now the score is 55-55 and a guy gets the Binary Rifle as ordnance, gets a spree and ends the match. You may have received ordnance as well, but it's all luck of the draw. You might get a needler in this same scenario, which is good but not worth the work to get the ordnance. Considering how little skill is involved with the personal ordnance, I think for the good of Halo 4 competitively. Now you might like having a Sniper handed to you, but trust me you won't be too thrilled when you get a speed boost and the opposition gets the Incineration Cannon. Now I think we either remove personal ordnance or change it so that it's the same (every map has it's own set of ordnance, that way it's equal). Do you really want your game to be ruined by a roll of the dice? If not, then we need to remove/change the ordnance.
That won't work.... 90% of the players will pick the same Ordnance weapon and there would serve little to no point. I personally think that Personal Ordnance will never be "well enough" to make the competitive community happy because its either a luck of the draw or you have a system that all players choose from the same ordnance and most will always pick the Sniper Rifle over the other two choices, therefore making the "choosing" almost non-existent.
Global Ordnance will NEVER work in Halo unless they have set respawn times (I can deal with random power weapons, not the random times and locations).
Quote:
You're just complaining that you keep losing all the time because other people get lucky with their ordance during a match and you don't... Crai moar plex
Yeah, because its perfectly fine that a player is rewarded with a better weapon for being lucky rather than actually working for that weapon.

You're ignorant dude, I'm just saying.
Just make it so everyone gets the exact same options on the first ordnance, the exact same on the second, and so on.

And random on map ordnance needs to be predictable as well.
Ordinance is *almost* tolerable. Aside from the fact that is kinda ruins gameplay by flooding everybody with power weapons galore, it isn't too bad. If anything, they need to exclude it from classic/MLG/pro playlists.
Quote:
I had to sign in just to reply to this stupid comment.
You are clearly a bad player. You want/need an unfair, random advantage to stand a chance. What makes Halo fun is the competitive nature of it. The fair fight, and the best team winning. The best team, who play the best SHOULD win. That's how competition works.

Only unskilled players like the idea of random ordnance.

It needs to be out of the game, or at least it a different playlist to real Halo.
Quote:
I would complain about getting cheated out of a win, too.
Quote:
Quote:
I had to sign in just to reply to this stupid comment.
You are clearly a bad player. You want/need an unfair, random advantage to stand a chance. What makes Halo fun is the competitive nature of it. The fair fight, and the best team winning. The best team, who play the best SHOULD win. That's how competition works.

Only unskilled players like the idea of random ordnance.

It needs to be out of the game, or at least it a different playlist to real Halo.
I had to sign in just to reply to this stupid comment myself.

You clearly a player that thinks he's better than everyone else but really isnt.

Its not random, people earn the drops. The system does not just randomly select people in the game and drop them free presents. Guess what.... Life isnt fair. Sports are not fair... Gaming isnt fair.

Sure there is a random selection of what gets dropped, and that can be tweaked a bit. However, by no means does it make a bad player better or a good player less effective.

The best team, who play the best STILL WIN.
Quote:
Well, I do "lose" some matches but I retain a positive K/D so I am competent at this game. I do think that this game would be better without ordnance, so go speak french somewhere else.
While I think it works BEST in BTB, I don't mind personal Ordinance.

What I DO have a problem with is random weapon drops on map AND the weapon waypoints.

To me THAT takes away alot of the skill of map control and general map importance. I get/like that the maps always START w/ the same weapons but the weapon drop timing and weapons themselves - there is no point in keeping track of any of it since it's random AND tells you eventually anyway. Now I get w/ the random weapon drop system the waypoints are better there than not- but random weapon drops themselves are stupid.

Random personal ordinance IMO cancels out any point in random weapon spawns on map.
It can get really annoying at times, yes. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person on the map without a power weapon. And let's not forget the times where you call in an ordnance drop and it doesn't fall in front of you or tell you where it is.

Next thing you know.... "Ordnance stolen!" and "HaloNinja48941561478945151874561451487451417845189416149" is running away with your fuel rod gun.
Quote:
It would only be boring because this game does NOT promote map control (in the form of timed, non-random weapon spawns). If you substitute the Ordnance system with the classical weapon spawn system it would serve well.
Quote:
Basically, you supporting campers such as snipers who get's 10 round every drop+ more kills=more ordinance, therefore, more camp then it becomes a cycle.

Take off personal ordinance but leave the MAP DEFAULT ordinance just like normal, old halo default power weapon on maps
ordanance is the best thing to happen to halo i think, 343i might make a classic slayer mode who knows, but i prefer people didnt run to power weapons and have map control, a random earned weapon is amazing, always changes and varies gameplay, also stops people camping always knowing and running to the same areas
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6