[Locked] We need to remove ordnance drops, and soon

OP MNZ Camel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
My humble opinion is that both types (one with and one without ordnance drops) can be enjoyable for different reasons.

That being said, I feel that the addition of ordnance drops makes the game feel SIGNIFICANTLY different from the halo legacy. But do i still enjoy the playability of it. I just feel like they should've titled the game something else. Maybe "Halo 4 light" or "J-lo" or "Way low." but not "Halo 4."

I definitely prefer the game without ordnance drops and with fixed weapon spawn locations. Many other posters in the "memorization is not a skill" topic have explained the pros and cons better than I could. But like is said, I do find both game types enjoyable.

But here, I voted for the option to change the system. I don't see why we can't have both options available in different playlists. Certainly I would expect 343 to honor the integrity of the halo legacy that brought the halo fans to the point of buying halo 4, BY AT LEAST providing a couple playlists that have no ordnance drops, no armor abilities, fixed weapon spawns, and the same starting weapons. Especially since it seems like setting up playlists like this would require simple programming changes like disabling certain options rather than adding much additional programing.

Of course, if you don't want to play in those playlists you don't have to. But at the very least it would give us gamers who prefer the traditional style of halo a few playlists to enjoy.
Quote:
What are you talking about ordnance is amazing. Do you know why? Let's say the other team is destroying you and you have no hope but you get your ordnance then you can take them out. But if we get rid of it this game will be a lot more boring and plus a lot of things in the game need ordnance. Besides don't you like to get a sniper rifle in a place like Adrift? If you ask me we need ordnance.
Chances are the people destroying you will have ordinance as well. What 343i should do is either disable ordinance and place power weapons on the map or vice versa per game mode. Not both. Both is too much.
Quote:
What are you talking about ordnance is amazing. Do you know why? Let's say the other team is destroying you and you have no hope but you get your ordnance then you can take them out. But if we get rid of it this game will be a lot more boring and plus a lot of things in the game need ordnance. Besides don't you like to get a sniper rifle in a place like Adrift? If you ask me we need ordnance.
If the other team is destroying you, how are you getting the kills to earn ordnance to begin with?

Anyways, it is a terrible system in its current state.

Let me explain. Say it's Valhalla. The enemy has a banshee. You, knowing that there is a spartan laser that always spawns in the center, would go and grab that laser and take down the banshee. Simple.

Nope. This is Halo 4. Random Ordnance and Random Weapons on the map. That Spartan Laser is now a Needler, and the only Spartan Laser on the map is clear at the base of the team who already has the banshee. You earn kills to get personal ordnance, but you are rewarded with a shotgun or a SAW. Won't do much good.

Strategy isn't an option. It's all down to luck.
Good players on a team, better than opposing = Probable Victory
Good players against better opposing team = Challenge
Bad team compared to opposing = Probable/Likely Loss
Good Team with bad 1-2 players = 1-2 Moving Targets handing opponent points while the functioning team members carry(if they can?)
IT IS VARIABLE! Chance is a factor, as is skill, use of the controller,exploitation of in-game cover and features, use of covering fire, distractions, suppression, etc.
Not life, obviously.
However...
If I'm an artist and I have access to equipment to better performance for DeviantArt, should I abstain because others don't? NO.
If I coach a football team and the opponents have a weak defensive line, do I call back my star players? NO.
Better tech in warfare? USE IT.
Fair...Play poker. Some have skill, some read others better, some hide or bluff better...Should they NOT use tactics that they have access to but others don't? NO.
Use it. If a player can't reach the 70pts, they don't get ordinance. Take advantage of timing: fuel rod fired + travel + speed = seconds to move, fire a few more rounds, etc...
Take advantage of enemy disadvantages. Play campaign on Normal to try every weapon available per mission at least twice per mission, at least 2-3 campaign run throughs. Play Heroic 1 time through with the same strategy as a test. Using every weapon as they appear (force yourself with 1/2 enemy ammo and limit human weapons) against the various foes at higher difficulty will train your use of ALL OF THIS^^^^^
If you have options to train and improve, but willingly abstain, you are to blame...NOT this system.
Play a different game (good luck finding "fairness" ANYWHERE in life, virtual OR real), stick to campaign, read a book. Sadly, 343 has been using paper to tell the stories instead of pixels...Bungie did too, but usually AFTER the meat of a story was served already. "Spartan Ops 2?" Nah. Comic. "Blue Team from The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund?" Nah. Books and comic, a cartoon, and a sudden three mission (...) appearance in the actual game.
READ ONE OF THESE!!!
No one should lose their edge if they earn it: 70pts worth of kills. You cannot tell me honestly that 1 player use only map ready ordinance to earn 70pts to then get super gear and come out victorious. MA5C and BR85 were involved. Starting type weapons. EVERYONE STARTS HERE!
If you can't land kills with a battle rifle, you cannot earn ordinance. Simple as that.
Early access loot crates for new gamers to the franchise (CoD:IW), pay to win looted based on real money and not in-game earnings through skill and achievement...NO. WRONG.
New game, start as you are (how it's been until now...didnt stop me winning and getting my -Yoink- kicked before), earn via ranking system (1 kill with ? Deaths = Team Points? No. Lower 1/2 earns by points earned/lost, or, k/d). Weak players in some games (Titanfall, CoD...) gain better gear/abilities just by showing up a lot...being carried.
Every education and career field, every hobby and interest, every function of wellbeing requires personal effort to grow and rise to a new level of success of infinitly many.
If skill in a video game isn't appearing for you, don't blame the system or "better players." They started lower, to be sure.
If I can't figure out basketball, I stop and find a different sport...or totally different hobby. NOT make it a career.
Do the best you can with what exists. Still no?
Do something else. Don't ruin others' fun because you can't keep up.
Different game types.
Online (× various game types) = Competitive
Campaign = Liesure
Which stress one out least? Do that one, if one must complain. Rain on your own parade.
It's a game, not life. No serious end result. I don't feel bad for those who fail because as a recreational activity, you can leave without repercussion at a moment's notice. Quitcold turkey. No one will notice, and therefore, will not miss you.
5+ years old. Not quite a record bump but close.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6