Forums / Games / Halo 4

What is the problem with Sarah Palmer?

OP Gold Paladin101

I honestly never saw what was wrong with Sarah Palmer. Some people don't like her because of the whole generator fiasco, and others don't like her because of her first comment to Master Chief. The whole "I thought you'd be taller" quote, in my opinion. Not enough people give the Chief -Yoink-. Not to mention when i was playing Spartan Ops, she felt like a mother figure to Fire-Team Crimson. Mah Mommy Spartan :3. Not to mention she has some pretty funny quotes, my personal favorites being. "Yeah i know your not a Spartan, Spartans shoot straight!". Cause you know...marines are dumb AF, unless they are in Halo Wars 2. Then the Marines are beast mode. And also "Once again the Spartans accomplish in 24 minutes what the Marines can't in 24 hours." Glorious momma Sarah :3. So yeah..am i the only one who actually likes her?
I liked her as well, she's not as good as Johnson but that's not the point. She does her job well and she constantly says what iur spartans think. Your example of how inefficient marines are is a noteworthy mention of how I felt constantly during halo's life cycle. From their lack of abilities, poor driving skills (I let a marine drive on halo 2, never again) or poor aim.

Palmer is a welcome addition to the halo series for me.
I love the hell outta her, she's awesome. My guess is that people don't like new things, plus the whole friendly banter with Chief. Dudes need to learn to take a joke.
I quite like Commander Palmer. She's tough, kinda witty, and she dual-wields Magnums, which is pretty badass. Plus she was the only survivor of her squad of ODSTs (lucky amirite), and she knows how to push her men but not too far.
The best line of hers, for me, would be, "Ladies, and...other SPARTANs." Cracks me up every time.
I like this woman, because there is not much spartan woman. :)
Generator fiasco? Sorry I haven't played 4 without skippin cutscenes in a while, is it in Spartan ops?
I honestly liked her a lot and the scout armor looks awesome. I dunno why people don't like her. I think they like to pretend that she was supposed to be a replacement for Johnson but she's not. No one can be better than Johnson.
Spartan, I was about to put you on blast and make you do 200 Push-ups and seven laps around the Infinity with a thread title like that.

Much better than what I was expecting. You're off the hook.
Oh, She's very inspirational to Fireteams when they're losing the fight....now would you excuse me, I'm just going to do 200 push ups & seven laps around Infinity now....

But she's a great character none the less..
She's a girl. Most gamers nowadays don't like women who stand up and fight, and think they should be seen, not heard. Quite frankly, I love her sass, and she still gets stuff done.
Quote:
Spartan, I was about to put you on blast and make you do 200 Push-ups and seven laps around the Infinity with a thread title like that.

Gained the lead
Tied the lead
Lost the lead
Tied the lead
Gained the lead
Lost the Lead

Care to explain this to me?
Quote:

Gained the lead
Tied the lead
Lost the lead
Tied the lead
Gained the lead
Lost the Lead

ooooooh boy, your about to call down the Palmer Doom Hammer on you, turn back bro. Is not fun runnin' around the Infinity.
Quote:

Gained the lead
Tied the lead
Lost the lead
Tied the lead
Gained the lead
Lost the Lead

ooooooh boy, your about to call down the Palmer Doom Hammer on you, turn back bro. Is not fun runnin' around the Infinity.
I thought she had a higher boiling point. Oh, well, Commander Palmer, Mamm, I send my sincere condolences and an apology.
Her attitude stinks.
hot but mad
For me the whole line of "I thought you'd be taller", suggested she was somewhat attracted to the Chief, but this is pretty interesting because of how the Spartan IIs had their sexuality reduced during augmentation, and were sent into battles as young as 12 or 14 to kill insurgents. He is literally a child soldier that fought people trying to gain independence, and it could have been a more interesting scene. The other thing is that she's a spartan 4, and everyone, I mean everyone hated them because they aren't child soldiers that were kidnapped, or offerred revenge on their parents killers. Hell people might have disliked the Spartan IIIs if they hadn't been mostly orphans and had super high death rates.

If a male Spartan 4 or ODST had insulted him, they would have reacted similarly, and everyone hated the villain, the guy that thought he could order the chief around far more. I still refuse to play Halo games because the Spartan 4s removed what I thought was special about the Spartans, they weren't humans, they were killing machines that often had no sexuality. Palmers a great character, but I can't consider her a spartan. Even Jorge, who was pretty human for a Spartan 2 didn't have much banter, the Spartan 3s like Emile and Jun did argue, but it was more like kids arguing because to an extent they were, immature kids, and Noble Team is a selected group. Only the best of the best of Spartan 3s weren't send sent on suicide missions, headhunters were, but 6 was a headhunter, he joined them because he survived.

I feel like 343 just wanted to make Halo 4 similar to COD, with sprint being accessible to all, and Spartans that were normal people. Also I'm pretty pissed we didn't just get a sequel to ODST, if they were going to kill off rookie they should have done it in a game. Frankly, the ODST game was much better for showing normal people in war, the tension, the fear, the death etc.