Forums / Games / Halo 4

What loadout did you use?

OP JB Linken

I was thinking about Halo 4 today and what loadouts I used when the game was current, and it got me thinking I wonder what loadouts other players used. I'll just be posting my go-to loadout and how it changed with Title Updates. I've included dates so you can see how long I used certain loadouts.

Here's a format to copy and paste:
  • Primary Weapon:
  • Secondary Weapon:
  • Grenade:
  • Armor Ability:
  • Tactical Package:
  • Support Upgrade:
My loadouts in the Spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Show
Until the Weapon Tuning update, the DMR and BR both took 5 shots to kill. With the DMR having more range and an extra two trigger pulls the choice was clear to me, but I was excited for the return of the 4-Shot BR. I still remember hearing the transition of the shots being fired throughout the day.

I feel like my loadout choices were pretty good. I put a lot of thought into them for the most ideal set up. Funny by the end of Halo 4 it resembled a more "Classic Halo" loadout than anything. Jetpack was great for getting where you needed to go, saving teammates or saving yourself. And Stealth countered people who used Promethean vision. It put them at a disadvantage because they would either give away their position, or have difficulty seeing you when you attacked.
I didn’t start playing online until 2016 but here are my top four loadouts in order of use.
I modify my loadouts often but the top two has remained unchanged for a couple of years. Occasionally I change between using a BR and LR.

For vehicles(using and hijacking)
  • Battle Rifle
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Plasma Grenade
  • Jet pack
  • Wheelman
  • Survivor
For Stealth/Sniper
  • DMR
  • Assault Rifle
  • Frag Grenade
  • Active Camo
  • Firepower
  • Awareness
For speed and general combat
  • Battle Rifle
  • Boltshot
  • Plasma Grenade
  • Thrusterpack
  • Mobility
  • Ammo
For resistance and CQC
  • Assault Rifle
  • Magnum
  • Frag Grenade
  • Hardlight Shield
  • Grenader
  • Explosives
I didn’t start playing online until 2016 but here are my top four loadouts in order of use.
I modify my loadouts often but the top two has remained unchanged for a couple of years. Occasionally I change between using a BR and LR.

For vehicles(using and hijacking)
  • Battle Rifle
  • Plasma Pistol
  • Plasma Grenade
  • Jet pack
  • Wheelman
  • Survivor
For Stealth/Sniper
  • DMR
  • Assault Rifle
  • Frag Grenade
  • Active Camo
  • Firepower
  • Awareness
For speed and general combat
  • Battle Rifle
  • Boltshot
  • Plasma Grenade
  • Thrusterpack
  • Mobility
  • Ammo
For resistance and CQC
  • Assault Rifle
  • Magnum
  • Frag Grenade
  • Hardlight Shield
  • Grenader
  • Explosives
Replace the BR with a DMR and your top loudout is what I used in Big Team a lot.

Did you find you were more or less successful with different armor abilities? I would have used Thruster Pack more, but I didn’t like being taken out of first person view, and I usually had better games if I chose the Jetpack. This was the case in Halo: Reach for me as well.
Even though Halo 4 lets us have 5 loadouts, I've only ever needed 3.

General Purpose
  • Carbine
  • Boltshot
  • Frag Grenades
  • Hologram
  • Resupply
  • Stealth
This was my default loadout, the one I'd pick for anything that didn't involve extreme circumstances (such as the long range fights in Ragnarok.) The Carbine has always been a favorite of mine, and the Boltshot was a good compliment to it. Frags are the most versatile grenades since they can bounce around corners, and I picked Resupply as grenades are important when you use a Carbine. Against BR users (pretty much everyone) you need all the edge you can get.

I used to use Promethean Vision, but I felt like I was too dependent on it. I traded it for Hologram and Stealth as a hard counter to players who use Promethean Vision. Stealth stopped them from detecting me, but the Hologram still appeared red through walls, drawing enemies toward them. Even without that, the potential for misdirection with Hologram is fantastic.

Sniping
  • Lightrifle
  • Magnum
  • Frag Grenades
  • Active Camouflage
  • AA Efficiency
  • Stability
This class is all about playing the range game; being able to snipe people from across the map. This is pretty much the only loadout I used in places like Ragnarok. The combination of the Lightrifle, Active Camo, and AA Efficiency is pretty straightforward. Take in the battlefield while invisible, and pick off targets running around in the open. Stability is a great help in winning gunfights, especially since the Lightrifle is really dependent on staying scoped in.

Sometimes I'd use Firepower and give myself an Assault Rifle, but the quick recharge from AA Efficiency is just too good to pass up. Besides, the magnum is decent enough. And sometimes I got to pick up someone else's automatic weapon instead.

Gunner
  • Any UNSC Weapon (not important)
  • Magnum
  • Plasma Grenades
  • Regeneration Field
  • Mobility
  • Gunner
The whole point of this class was to pick up machine gun turrets and use them as primary weapons. The Gunner perk was a godsend since it lets you carry a turret with no speed penalty. Mobility helped me get to the turrets as soon as possible, and Regen Field helped my survivalability. Mowing down a bunch of players with a heavy machine gun usually garnered a lot of attention. I'd also pick plasma grenades since I'd typically use this class in BTB, where vehicles are common. I'd usually open with this class on any map with a turret, then switch to something else. But if I got a game on Pitfall, I'd often use this loadout the whole time.

It's been a long time since I've played Halo 4 on the 360. But recently, I've started playing it again thanks to the MCC. And after shaking off the rust, I've tweaked my loadouts. My General Purpose loadout has changed to a Promethean Loadout. It uses the Lightrifle,Suppressor (thanks to Firepower,) and a Pulse Grenade. The Lightrifle can compete in middle range as long as you get at least 1 scoped shot to hit. The rest can be unscoped bursts and you can still achieve a 4-shot kill. The Suppressor takes some getting used to, but it devastates up close, and because of that it suits my stealthy playstyle really well. Pulse Grenades are difficult to use, but their instant detonation can drain shields in a snap. They're a perfect pairing for the Suppressor. I still use the Stealth + Hologram with this loadout. When I use this combo I move while crouched to avoid tripping the radar, or to slip away from an encounter. It's the best stealth approach.

For my sniper class, I've changed a few things. I now use a DMR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, and Awareness. So now it's slightly less powerful, but more versatile and suited to BTB. And my gunner class is exactly the same. I've thought about experimenting with a few more setups, like a class that uses Ordinance Priority and Requisition. I haven't gotten around to actually trying them, though.
Rhydon65 wrote:

General Purpose
  • Carbine
  • Boltshot
  • Frag Grenades
  • Hologram
  • Resupply
  • Stealth
This was my default loadout, the one I'd pick for anything that didn't involve extreme circumstances (such as the long range fights in Ragnarok.) The Carbine has always been a favorite of mine, and the Boltshot was a good compliment to it. Frags are the most versatile grenades since they can bounce around corners, and I picked Resupply as grenades are important when you use a Carbine. Against BR users (pretty much everyone) you need all the edge you can get.

I used to use Promethean Vision, but I felt like I was too dependent on it. I traded it for Hologram and Stealth as a hard counter to players who use Promethean Vision. Stealth stopped them from detecting me, but the Hologram still appeared red through walls, drawing enemies toward them. Even without that, the potential for misdirection with Hologram is fantastic.
Oh that’s interesting about Hologram used on Promethean vision users, in all these years I never thought of that. Thanks for sharing!
JB Linken wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Oh that’s interesting about Hologram used on Promethean vision users, in all these years I never thought of that. Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, it's a great trick. I learned about it from a youtuber called Matt Cole Gaming (used to call himself "Ameri-Canadian Gamer.") He made video guides on every weapon in Halo 4 a while ago, and they're much like Xbox Ahoy's videos on COD weapons.
Rhydon65 wrote:

General Purpose
  • Carbine
  • Boltshot
  • Frag Grenades
  • Hologram
  • Resupply
  • Stealth

Sniping
  • Lightrifle
  • Magnum
  • Frag Grenades
  • Active Camouflage
  • AA Efficiency
  • Stability
This class is all about playing the range game; being able to snipe people from across the map. This is pretty much the only loadout I used in places like Ragnarok. The combination of the Lightrifle, Active Camo, and AA Efficiency is pretty straightforward. Take in the battlefield while invisible, and pick off targets running around in the open. Stability is a great help in winning gunfights, especially since the Lightrifle is really dependent on staying scoped in.

Sometimes I'd use Firepower and give myself an Assault Rifle, but the quick recharge from AA Efficiency is just too good to pass up. Besides, the magnum is decent enough. And sometimes I got to pick up someone else's automatic weapon instead.

Gunner
  • Any UNSC Weapon (not important)
  • Magnum
  • Plasma Grenades
  • Regeneration Field
  • Mobility
  • Gunner
The whole point of this class was to pick up machine gun turrets and use them as primary weapons. The Gunner perk was a godsend since it lets you carry a turret with no speed penalty. Mobility helped me get to the turrets as soon as possible, and Regen Field helped my survivalability. Mowing down a bunch of players with a heavy machine gun usually garnered a lot of attention. I'd also pick plasma grenades since I'd typically use this class in BTB, where vehicles are common. I'd usually open with this class on any map with a turret, then switch to something else. But if I got a game on Pitfall, I'd often use this loadout the whole time.

It's been a long time since I've played Halo 4 on the 360. But recently, I've started playing it again thanks to the MCC. And after shaking off the rust, I've tweaked my loadouts. My General Purpose loadout has changed to a Promethean Loadout. It uses the Lightrifle,Suppressor (thanks to Firepower,) and a Pulse Grenade. The Lightrifle can compete in middle range as long as you get at least 1 scoped shot to hit. The rest can be unscoped bursts and you can still achieve a 4-shot kill. The Suppressor takes some getting used to, but it devastates up close, and because of that it suits my stealthy playstyle really well. Pulse Grenades are difficult to use, but their instant detonation can drain shields in a snap. They're a perfect pairing for the Suppressor. I still use the Stealth + Hologram with this loadout. When I use this combo I move while crouched to avoid tripping the radar, or to slip away from an encounter. It's the best stealth approach.

For my sniper class, I've changed a few things. I now use a DMR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, and Awareness. So now it's slightly less powerful, but more versatile and suited to BTB. And my gunner class is exactly the same. I've thought about experimenting with a few more setups, like a class that uses Ordinance Priority and Requisition. I haven't gotten around to actually trying them, though.
I literally have a loadout exactly the same as your general purpose. I usually stick with two loadouts in most games. I would have been fine if we only got to customize three loadouts instead of five. I’m always trying to think of what my last loadout should be.
For my load out I use
• DMR
• Plasma pistol
• jet back
• Fast reload
I mostly used dmr storm rifle pro vision firepower and ammo. Looking like I'm the only one who loved the storm rifle
I mostly used dmr storm rifle pro vision firepower and ammo. Looking like I'm the only one who loved the storm rifle
Nah, Storm Rifle is one of my favorite weapons. I use it paired with a Carbine in small and medium sized maps, like Vertigo. I've recently learned that it's better to just hold down the trigger and risk an overheat than to fire in bursts, and now I get more kills with it.