Forums / Games / Halo 4

Why am I good at BTB but bad at Team Slayer?

OP Geth Pathfinder

I am decent at Halo 4 BTB yet seem to struggle on all the smaller(4v4) maps. I almost always play BTB therefore never noticed the difference between large maps and small maps, specifically “Adrift”. I loose consistently on Adrift. I am just mowed down repeatedly, yet can’t find the enemies or get kills. Any advice on how to get better at Team Slayer? Any reason I’m particularly bad on Adrift?
I am decent at Halo 4 BTB yet seem to struggle on all the smaller(4v4) maps. I almost always play BTB therefore never noticed the difference between large maps and small maps, specifically “Adrift”. I loose consistently on Adrift. I am just mowed down repeatedly, yet can’t find the enemies or get kills. Any advice on how to get better at Team Slayer? Any reason I’m particularly bad on Adrift?
I'm the same as you, only ever play BTB and the time I did do Team Slayer it was like I was a newbie (same as Team Snipers)... Maybe we just need to keep trying, practice makes perfect?
ZacBum wrote:
I'm the same as you, only ever play BTB and the time I did do Team Slayer it was like I was a newbie (same as Team Snipers)... Maybe we just need to keep trying, practice makes perfect?
there are different aspects to both game types. for BTB there are more players and therefore more ways for people to help you also there is a greater variety of guns. BTB takes less effort than the smaller maps which require a much larger amount of effort.

as for adrift i have nothing except to go for the needlers they will be your best bet also try swat that will help you with headshots
I was always swapping between BTB and SWAT so I was used to small and large maps whilst being relatively good at them. But Team Slayer was always a drag, in BTB I don't rely on my team, but in TS I need them, I'll get ganged up on and that's my major weakness in Halo MP. I honestly can't tell why I'm so good at BTB but suck at team slayer.
Actually I have to be honest with myself, I just suck at all Halo games 🙁
I prefer Team Slayer since it's smaller maps, etc. so I don't play BTB that much, however, I'm still very good at both playlists. In smaller maps, try having either the Assault Rifle or the Boltshot as your starting weapons. When you see someone in your motion tracker, switch to the AR and try to kill them. Alternatively, use the Magnum. For nades, it's good to use the Frags due to the nature of the maps being small. They're hard to evade and can turn a tide. Also, try not to Sprint too much. Since the maps are smaller, you may encounter enemies unprepared, and since it's likely that they'll get first shot, it would then be hard for you to recover or even survive. Sprint when you think it's absolutely necessary.
ZacBum wrote:
Actually I have to be honest with myself, I just suck at all Halo games 🙁
Here's some tips:
Always have a weapon that is headshot capable: Magnum, Battle Rifle, DMR, Sniper, Carbine, Needle Rifle, Beam Rifle and Light Rifle.
Always keep an eye on the motion tracker, so you can see where are your enemies.
Always strafe right to left, left to right. Jump and/or crouch if you want and try to aim at the player's chest, and when the shields are down, try for the headshot.
Don't wander in open areas. You'll just be making yourself a easy target. Instead, try sticking to closer areas and if possible, flank your enemies.
Use your weapon more. Don't try to melee your opponent. Shoot at distances, and if he's really, really close to you, then use melee.

Hope this helps. See you Spartan.