Forums / Games / Halo 4

Why do people hate Halo 4's multiplayer?

OP brosforlife334

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Personally, I was just glad that reticle/accuracy bloom was gone and we got a bunch of accurate weapons with good range. Most useful gun "sandbox" since Halo 1. I had so much fun just enjoying all the reliable guns, that I didn't care about any of the settings. It was all a great improvement on Reach's nonsense settings. People are here these days complaining about the H5 tuned BR feeling random, acting like 343 are dumb, but Bungie's Halo 2 and 3 BR's were WAAAAY more random and unrelaible, and Reach's bloom was just a friggin joke of random nonsense. Halo 4 was the first Halo since Halo 1 that I felt trust in the weapons again. Thank you, 343!
I loved halo 4
What I dislike about H4 multiplayer is the ranking system there are no real ranks just the skill 1-50 on waypoint only! I also dislike ordnance drops everyone has OP weapons and instant respawn. I like the reduced bloom and return of BR! This game would have a lot more replay value 2 me if there was a proper ranking system.
I miss Halo 4. Saying that I believe the ordnance drops were only a problem in arena making it too casual and loadouts.

But surely Halo 4 big team battle was fine? It’s a precursor to warzone in Halo 5 and everyone loves warzone turbo.

In fact now that I think about why is Halo 4 multiplayer hated, but people love to play super fiesta and big team super fiesta in Halo 5 which is a lot more random and unbalanced?
JohnDang55 wrote:
I miss Halo 4. Saying that I believe the ordnance drops were only a problem in arena making it too casual and loadouts.

But surely Halo 4 big team battle was fine? It’s a precursor to warzone in Halo 5 and everyone loves warzone turbo.

In fact now that I think about why is Halo 4 multiplayer hated, but people love to play super fiesta and big team super fiesta in Halo 5 which is a lot more random and unbalanced?
Big Team was actually the most popular playlist for Halo 4.

As for Fiesta, I think it's fun every now and then, but I couldn't play it as my only Halo 5 playlist. Too random for me.
JB Linken wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

As for Fiesta, I think it's fun every now and then, but I couldn't play it as my only Halo 5 playlist. Too random for me.
So you are telling me that the hate for Halo 4 is coming from a severe minority?
JohnDang55 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

So you are telling me that the hate for Halo 4 is coming from a severe minority?
Not at all. I was just saying even as a heavily criticized halo game, in that criticism big team was the most popular playlist.
I think the hate does come from a severe minority. Let’s look at this the hate stems from loadouts and ordnance drops in team arena. It is not a problem in other modes such as big team battle which the system is actually good for.

First team arena is not that popular of a playlist as you can see for Halo 5 or even in Master Chief collection where you see warzone, fiesta, btb, infection dominated in popularity for either games.
Second you need to want to be competitive to even care about team arena.
Third you need to have good ping to be competitive in team arena.
Fourth only USA players will have this good ping to be competitive in team arena.

Therefore the hate that comes for Halo 4 comes from a severe minority which are USA players, and USA is what 300million out of 7billion humans and with team arena not being popular in the first place a lot of these Americans would be focused on other modes.

The above statement makes sense, since I live in Melbourne and Australia and everyone I’ve met is positively predisposed to Halo 4 multiplayer since it’s social modes such as big team battle and infection is all we play due to ping. This mindset is the same for Halo 5 as I have recorded 51.5 days in warzone and only 1.5 days in arena.

I believe Halo 4 was through and through a good game and the problem with it is the few very vocal USA players who I don’t give a toss about.
i mean i really don't get why i played at on of it and my only problems with it was that they removed dominion and that the aesthetic looked awful to me but i thoroughly enjoyed everything it had to offer.so if you could tell me why you thought it was bad, or why the community thought is was bad that'd be nice to clear up my understanding as to why halo 4's multiplayer is/was hated.
The simple fact of the matter is that Halo 4's multiplayer portion was designed to capitalize on market trends as opposed to actually looking at what people enjoyed about past entries. Personalized loadouts, perks, killstreaks, kill cams, sprint as a permanent ability, map design limitations due to sprint, and other things that people simply didn't buy Halo games for. The reason why the Halo playerbase is as small as it is today is due to the fact that the games stopped offering the experience they used to offer in favor of trying to follow more popular shooters.
People apparently hated sprint and loadouts... 343i gimmie my active camo back. I LOVED going full stealth sneaking into the enemy base then going ape on campers.

Overshield guy with power weapon?
APE'D

Sniper camping cross map?
APE'D

Heavy vehicle?
Plasma pistol then APE'D

CQC was never so much fun...
Nothing beats sneaking into an enemy base or within their group then butt rushing out of no where.

My best memory of ape'ing was some guy on red (might have teams mixed up) was driving a tank with SIX guys jumping untop of it. I snuck up charged my plasma pistol EMPed that tank
Enter gorilla mode:
I butt rushed that tank and slapped my sticky into the driver hatch the SIX reds were confused as hell a couple started shooting me but most didn't even comprehend what had just happened I ran off so fast BOOM KILLIMANJARO

I got the clip on my fileshare on 360 no bs should be public if not I'll boot it up and fix that. Never deleting that clip

Now 343i GIVE ME CAMO HALO 6 ACTIVE CAMOUFLAGE ARMOR MOD PLZ.

Im HORDING my active camo power ups in halo 5. One day, I will have infinite. No more sweaties, just ape'ing...

Alright I'm gonna go cool off.

Give me camo
I haven't read other replies, but saying that loadouts ruined H4 multiplayer highlights the overall poor attitude to adapt to other playstyles. It's also a general thought the "why you changed multiplayer from previous Halo it was perfect!!1!". If you don't change something then why should anyone play that game. The Boltshot is no more much powerful, since the old patch H4 got. I honestly like to play H4 multiplayer as much as other Halo games
DeusPixel wrote:
I haven't read other replies, but saying that loadouts ruined H4 multiplayer highlights the overall poor attitude to adapt to other playstyles. It's also a general thought the "why you changed multiplayer from previous Halo it was perfect!!1!". If you don't change something then why should anyone play that game. The Boltshot is no more much powerful, since the old patch H4 got. I honestly like to play H4 multiplayer as much as other Halo games
You can make additions to a game franchise without drastically changing its core formula (map editing, the ability to rewatch your gameplay, vehicle boarding, equipment, etc..) To say that personalized weapon loadouts, perks, sprint as a permanent ability, killstreaks, etc. are simply small gameplay changes is not true.

If a video game offers an experience you enjoy, you're going to play that game. If it stops offering that experience in favor of radical changes in order to follow market trends, you're going to go to another game which offers the experience you went to that original game for. The only exception to this are those who'll buy the game based on brand loyalty alone. It isn't very fair to say these people are wrong for enjoying what Halo used to offer as opposed to just enjoying being loyal to a brand. I'm seeing this response a lot and I'd like to ask you, and those like you, a question.

If I don't like the formula of a certain game franchise and a franchise I enjoy decides to start following that formula, why should I give my money to and play a formula I don't enjoy? Because "it's still branded Halo and you should support that brand" is a weak reason.
Halo 4 multiplayer is best
I have Great time and meeting friends are best but I miss playing halo 4 so much
DeusPixel wrote:
You can make additions to a game franchise without drastically changing its core formula (map editing, the ability to rewatch your gameplay, vehicle boarding, equipment, etc..) To say that personalized weapon loadouts, perks, sprint as a permanent ability, killstreaks, etc. are simply small gameplay changes is not true.

If a video game offers an experience you enjoy, you're going to play that game. If it stops offering that experience in favor of radical changes in order to follow market trends, you're going to go to another game which offers the experience you went to that original game for. The only exception to this are those who'll buy the game based on brand loyalty alone. It isn't very fair to say these people are wrong for enjoying what Halo used to offer as opposed to just enjoying being loyal to a brand. I'm seeing this response a lot and I'd like to ask you, and those like you, a question.

If I don't like the formula of a certain game franchise and a franchise I enjoy decides to start following that formula, why should I give my money to and play a formula I don't enjoy? Because "it's still branded Halo and you should support that brand" is a weak reason.
Absolutely, never said that you have to buy new Halo cos it's Halo. But if you don't enjoy the formula of that specific game, then yoy can stick with the older one that you enjoy the most. And all of this without demonizing other players that like other Halo games. Not a critic for you but for the general attitude of the community.
Also, if you think about it, MCC has this target: everyone could play the multiplayer with his favourite Halo, without having the fear to not find any player.
Halo 4 multiplayer is best
I have Great time and meeting friends are best but I miss playing halo 4 so much
Still play it. I’m currently playing both the original and on the MCC. Match composer makes finding BTB Halo 4 matches as easy as on on the 360. Only problem is that many maps don’t feature the same vehicles as I’m use to the 360.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3