Forums / Games / Halo 4

Why do you like Halo 4?

OP EditorialCub2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I bought Halo 4 within the week it launched and I can't say I've ever enjoyed it. I thought the campaigns gameplay was weak and the story didn't connect to the original trilogy. Nothing to say of the multiplayer as I never got into it.

I'm sure the Halo 4 forum has the highest concentration of players that consider their favorite Halo to be Halo 4. So I just want to talk to you all. Just tell me what your favorite part of Halo 4 is, what part of the game I should try, etc.

Thanks.
I love Halo 4. I’m not sure what say if you don’t like it. Personally, I enjoyed BTB the most and believe that the loadouts helped make it more interesting. Lots of good maps, weapons designs were superb, and sound effects were far better than Bungie’s.

The campaign was also really enjoyable, though a little linear. I like the fact that Master Chief has more personality and his relationship with Cortana was a big part of the game. Imo, Halo 4 has the best story of the entire series, certainly better than Halo 5.

If you you don’t like it, you don’t like it. It’s all opinion anyway, so you may hate the changes to the game that I enjoyed or dislike the maps that I do. Just wanted to say what I like the most about Halo 4.
Halo CE is my favorite Halo game. Halo 3 is second. I love all FPS Halo games, though.

Halo 4, to me has by far and away the best BTB in the series. The 4v4 (or 5v5, for whatever reason) slayer / objective falls short.

The story is solid, but I still enjoy Halo 1-3 better. Halo 4 story is definitely better than Halo 5. I've read all 24 books in the series, so I have the necessary context to understand Halo 4 and Halo 5, and I still prefer 1-3, personally. And ODST / Reach.
I love Halo 4. I’m not sure what say if you don’t like it. Personally, I enjoyed BTB the most and believe that the loadouts helped make it more interesting. Lots of good maps, weapons designs were superb, and sound effects were far better than Bungie’s.

The campaign was also really enjoyable, though a little linear. I like the fact that Master Chief has more personality and his relationship with Cortana was a big part of the game. Imo, Halo 4 has the best story of the entire series, certainly better than Halo 5.

If you you don’t like it, you don’t like it. It’s all opinion anyway, so you may hate the changes to the game that I enjoyed or dislike the maps that I do. Just wanted to say what I like the most about Halo 4.
My problem with campaign is that I feel like I need to force myself to play it. Some thing about the gameplay and story just doesn't grasp me like the games before it. If 343 needs to improve on one aspect, in my opinion it's for sure the campaign, as I find Halo 5's campaign to also be a chore.
J Teeps wrote:
Halo 4, to me has by far and away the best BTB in the series. The 4v4 (or 5v5, for whatever reason) slayer / objective falls short.

This^
Even if you don’t like any other part of Halo 4, BTB is the best part of this game. I primarily play BTB and Action Sack. I enjoyed most of Halo 4 but even I admit 4v4 Slayer/objectives isn’t as good as the other Halos. Good thing I’m mostly a BTB guy! ;)
J Teeps wrote:
Halo CE is my favorite Halo game. Halo 3 is second. I love all FPS Halo games, though.

The story is solid, but I still enjoy Halo 1-3 better. Halo 4 story is definitely better than Halo 5. I've read all 24 books in the series, so I have the necessary context to understand Halo 4 and Halo 5, and I still prefer 1-3, personally. And ODST / Reach.
J Teeps wrote:

This^
Even if you don’t like any other part of Halo 4, BTB is the best part of this game. I primarily play BTB and Action Sack. I enjoyed most of Halo 4 but even I admit 4v4 Slayer/objectives isn’t as good as the other Halos. Good thing I’m mostly a BTB guy! ;)
I'll be sure to try out BTB. Thank you :)
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
I'll be sure to try out BTB. Thank you :)
No problem. It might take some time to get used to. You should tell us how you like it later. I recommend the Survivor support upgrade for vehicles. Wheelman is good but requires the Operator specialization after ranking through the initial 50. Of course that is for vehicle use which is pretty obvious. Honestly, there are a lot of noobs on this game, so I imagine it shouldn’t be too hard to have some good matches. The only thing to look out for is the occasional party of good players that will farm for kills.
The best parts IMO are the BTB maps and player commendations.
Halo 4 always seemed like a combination of Reach and 3 for me. There were abilities and sprint, but the classic gameplay was basically there. Everyone on here is right. Halo 4 had the best BTB in a while. Very pretty game too. I thought it was the best looking game on the 360.
Because Swat was the closest thing to Reach and CTF is always fun and it finally had its own playlist. Grifball was great too!
I got Halo 4 back on launch day (launched near my birthday) and I fell in love with the story; so I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it.

I get why a lot of people don't like it; it doesn't follow the same chemistry older Halo games did. It's something new; which is why I loved it so much. It was still HALO, but it was from a new perspective. Instead of it just being two beings against the Galaxy and everything in it that wants to crush humanity, it's just two beings against the Galaxy trying to survive and save what they can. Could it have been better? Sure; there's other ways they could have altered the story and made it feel much better. Is the story they went with awful? Well, that's up to speculation; it varies from person to person. I personally don't think it was too bad. I love a story that can bring emotions from within me; and so the tears I shed for Cortana at the end were both good and bad.

It was good that the game managed to make me cry; because it told a story that lead to anything BUT a happy ever after. But that meant a beloved character was no more.

Plus the graphics were amazing in Halo 4, sure a lot of people missed the more goofy/cartoonish graphics, but I loved the more realistic take.
I wouldn't say I like it, nor hate it. I play it because it can be fun. *Cough cough* Last Stand Flood that nobody plays. *Cough cough.*
I remember the hype I had when Halo 4 was going to release. Sure, the game plays the most different out of all the Halo's, but I still enjoyed playing the Campaign and the Multiplayer. I would always play it with my friends online and offline.
The story was stellar and is my main reason for liking it.
You should check out Act Man on Youtube. He does an incredibly good job dissecting exactly why Halo 4 game play makes the game inherently not fun. He also delves into the good and bad of the story. I think the video is called "Why Halo 4's Campaign is so Bad" or something like that. It's not actually an overwhelmingly negative review, as the name might suggest, but it's a pretty in depth analysis of exactly why the game didn't live up to the original trilogy
I absolutely loved the plot, which i didn't really expected to be actually good, and the graphics was awesome for rhe Xbox 360. Also the soundtrack, atmosphere and the new art direction are top notch. I also enjoyed a lot the multiplayer (yes it's my favorite game in the series.)
Spoiler:
Show
You should check out Act Man on Youtube. He does an incredibly good job dissecting exactly why Halo 4 game play makes the game inherently not fun. He also delves into the good and bad of the story. I think the video is called "Why Halo 4's Campaign is so Bad" or something like that. It's not actually an overwhelmingly negative review, as the name might suggest, but it's a pretty in depth analysis of exactly why the game didn't live up to the original trilogy
I’ve seen those videos and disagreed with most of what Act Man said. It’s all opinion. I enjoy Halo 4’s story more than any other and gameplay is really fun. BTB is my favorite of the entire series.
I’ve seen those videos and disagreed with most of what Act Man said. It’s all opinion. I enjoy Halo 4’s story more than any other and gameplay is really fun. BTB is my favorite of the entire series.
Happy you enjoyed the game! I liked the story quite a lot actually, but agreed with him on the game play. It was fun for the most part, especially fighting the Covenant, but fighting the Prometheans got annoying for me after a while. Really it's just an interesting perspective and I figured some folks who hadn't seen it would gain some insight as to why they didn't like it as much as other games in the franchise
I really enjoyed the campaign. I liked the enemies for the most part and the story. Some of the cut scenes were highly memorable, especially when the humans had their faces melted off, lol. But overall, it was just a really polished game and visually well done. The pistol was effective again and game-play was very smooth. It's my 2nd campaign behind CE.
I really enjoyed the campaign. I liked the enemies for the most part and the story. Some of the cut scenes were highly memorable, especially when the humans had their faces melted off, lol. But overall, it was just a really polished game and visually well done. The pistol was effective again and game-play was very smooth. It's my 2nd campaign behind CE.
Right there with you! Good to see other people who liked the story. My only problem is that the campaign was too linear, too short, and there just isn’t enough ammo in the campaign. I really like the way Halo 4 starts a little like Halo CE with Master Chief awakening out of cryosleep and crash landing on a new world. Pistol is perfect in Halo 4, sounds good, looks good, is powerful, but not OP like in Halo CE. Very balanced all around. Visually, it isn’t much different than Halo 5 and compares to new games even though it’s six years old.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2