Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] 117! The truth behind master chief!

OP AFAMILYMEMBER09

Warning possible spoiler alert. If I am mistaken about anything please let me know. Ok.... So Dr. Halsey made Cortana from a bit of her own intelligence right? Well what if 117 was Dr. Halseys son and she forced him through the procedures of becoming a Spartan and that's why he's the best there is. The rest of the Spartans did not receive the same intense treatment because they weren't Dr. Halseys children. So once it was time to select a Spartan the choice was simple, 117 was born for this. But she couldn't send her son into such deadly missions alone so she made herself into an AI chip to watch over her son. So now that Cortana is corrupt 117 will go to kill her realise she is a piece of his mother and will save her. But wait a minute if you think back to the halo story every time 117 destroys a ring the covenant retaliated so could it be that Halsey somehow raised her son to destroy the rings and indirectly end man kind. What are your thoughts. Is 117 the enemy, is Halsey 117 mother, will 117 fight Cortana. Please leave your thoughts
John is not the son of Halsey. If you are interested in the Halo canon and the beginning of the Spartan project, I suggest that you read the tie-in novel called The Fall of Reach. It shows exactly why and how John was picked, among other things.
Not to be rude, but wouldn’t you have checked something like Halopedia first or actually read the books first before suggesting something you would have found to be wrong fairly quickly? No, John is not Halsey’s son.
Whoo boy its been a while since I've seen one of these. Lets start from the top because I got nothing else to do
Quote:
Well what if 117 was Dr. Halseys son and she forced him through the procedures of becoming a Spartan and that's why he's the best there is.
Johns definitely not her son. She first met him on a playground when he was 6 while she was going around checking up on potential candidates.
Quote:
The rest of the Spartans did not receive the same intense treatment because they weren't Dr. Halseys children.
The rest of the Spartan II's got the same treatment he did with the exception of a handful who had a nasty run in with Marines at their training facilities.
Quote:
But she couldn't send her son into such deadly missions alone so she made herself into an AI chip to watch over her son.
1. John rarely went on missions alone before the games. Normally he deployed with other Spartans
2. Cortana and John first met after he spent roughly 30 years fighting
Warning possible spoiler alert. If I am mistaken about anything please let me know. Ok.... So Dr. Halsey made Cortana from a bit of her own intelligence right? Well what if 117 was Dr. Halseys son and she forced him through the procedures of becoming a Spartan and that's why he's the best there is. The rest of the Spartans did not receive the same intense treatment because they weren't Dr. Halseys children. So once it was time to select a Spartan the choice was simple, 117 was born for this. But she couldn't send her son into such deadly missions alone so she made herself into an AI chip to watch over her son. So now that Cortana is corrupt 117 will go to kill her realise she is a piece of his mother and will save her. But wait a minute if you think back to the halo story every time 117 destroys a ring the covenant retaliated so could it be that Halsey somehow raised her son to destroy the rings and indirectly end man kind. What are your thoughts. Is 117 the enemy, is Halsey 117 mother, will 117 fight Cortana. Please leave your thoughts
Dude, be free to work your imagination, but be aware that a universe as detailed as this has been a working evolving fiction for over 15 years now so there are few easy mysteries.
The Halowiki can give you really good info on exactly where John went to school, how Halsey met him, what happened to his clone and parents, etc. There’s a good Sunday’s reading in there.
Ok! That makes a lot of sense! Cortana, in Halo 2, said she felt Halsey's perspective! That makes sense!
Yeah... no. Halsey met John when he was a kid in Elysium City. Her only child is Miranda Keyes. Your idea certainly sounds like some interesting fan fiction, but it's not in line with the lore at all. If you look at his early training, he earned every promotion and commendation he got. It wasn't because his mom was looking out for him and giving him special treatment.
Yeah... no. Halsey met John when he was a kid in Elysium City. Her only child is Miranda Keyes. Your idea certainly sounds like some interesting fan fiction, but it's not in line with the lore at all. If you look at his early training, he earned every promotion and commendation he got. It wasn't because his mom was looking out for him and giving him special treatment.
I think maybe N6 is the brother of Chief, but they did not know, like his Mom had Noble Six when she found out her clone son died.
Hasley isn't Jon mother she's barely show her emotions to the Spartans
I really like this theory, it would make a good twist but sadly this is not true.
Not really a topic that needs revisited, please don't revive old topics thanks