Forums / Community / Halo Universe

2559 - That's a 3 Year Gap!

OP ODST from 105th

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Not counting Halo Wars 2, Infinite will take place 3 years after Halo 5: Guardians. I really hope we get some novels explaining the gap before then.
we certainly will I mean we've already had Halo Bad Blood that takes us through Buck's aftermath of Halo 5 + Brief mentions of State of the UNSC, Alpha Nine and other Colonies throughout the galaxy.

I much more interested how Rion Forge/ spark get when reunited with the Spirit of Fire & how spark acts when he hears about the Created uprising.

I think the gap will show just like Halo 3 did that war is going badly in cortana favour and last ditch attempt was going to be made but a unsuspecting event happened and skews everything up like Forerunners returning? or Possibly Flood? who knows.
we certainly will I mean we've already had Halo Bad Blood that takes us through Buck's aftermath of Halo 5 + Brief mentions of State of the UNSC, Alpha Nine and other Colonies throughout the galaxy.

I much more interested how Rion Forge/ spark get when reunited with the Spirit of Fire & how spark acts when he hears about the Created uprising.

I think the gap will show just like Halo 3 did that war is going badly in cortana favour and last ditch attempt was going to be made but a unsuspecting event happened and skews everything up like Forerunners returning? or Possibly Flood? who knows.
Yeah we also have Envoy and Legacy of Onyx. Envoy really only merely hinted at it, but was still set around that time I think. We had plenty of books explaining what happened long before the events of CE, so there is plenty of room for good stories between the end of H5 and the beginning of H6.

I really hope we get a follow up to Renegades too, especially given how good a reception it received.

Yeah but that's like right after halo 5,I'm wondering if they leave us In The dark until the game comes out

Yeah but that's like right after halo 5,I'm wondering if they leave us In The dark until the game comes out
I'm guessing yes. I say that because we have two books already slated to come out before Infinite and no others announced thus far. Meridian Divide and Oblivion are direct sequels to books that took place during the Covenant War, so there's not much in the way of extended lore about the Created Uprising that appears to be coming out before Infinite hits the shelves.
Hmm remind me, where was the date confirmed?
And since Halo 5 took place in 2558, that's a one year gap rather than 3 years
Another thing that’s canon but they probably won’t really talk about is how at the end of halo 5, Lasky tells the infinity crew to keep making random slip space jumps until they can find a way to fight Cortana . A slip space jump takes weeks(or maybe months) to actually get to the other side. So who knows how much jumps they’ve been doing and how much time is passing while they’re trying to hide from Cortana
Another thing that’s canon but they probably won’t really talk about is how at the end of halo 5, Lasky tells the infinity crew to keep making random slip space jumps until they can find a way to fight Cortana . A slip space jump takes weeks(or maybe months) to actually get to the other side. So who knows how much jumps they’ve been doing and how much time is passing while they’re trying to hide from Cortana
I get what you mean, but a slip space jump duration is at least partially dependent on the distance traveled. The physical act of going into and out of slip space is pretty much instantaneous. For example, in one of the Escalation comics, the Infinity tries to enter slip space after it suddenly drops out for no apparent reason. Almost as soon as they entered slip space, they exited only a short distance away. So if they are jumping all over the Orion arm, then it would likely take weeks or at least days between jumps. However, the Infinity has integrated Forerunner technology and I believe can travel through slip space even faster than Covenant ships.
Quote:
While there isn't a confirmed date for when the game will take place, the boot up sequence for Chief's armor in the newest trailer shows a date when Catherine Halsey last modified the suit. I can't remember the exact date, but it was in 2561, implying that there is a three year gap between H5 and H6.
We definitely will. With it being confirmed that the E3 tease we saw was the beginning of Halo: Infinite we’ll probably be seeing an explanation to why Chief is out floating in space. And maybe who the pilot is? Maybe?
I made a mistake. I forgot that Halo 5 took place in 2558. I thought the year was 2556. My mistake dudes.
I get what you mean, but a slip space jump duration is at least partially dependent on the distance traveled. The physical act of going into and out of slip space is pretty much instantaneous. For example, in one of the Escalation comics, the Infinity tries to enter slip space after it suddenly drops out for no apparent reason. Almost as soon as they entered slip space, they exited only a short distance away. So if they are jumping all over the Orion arm, then it would likely take weeks or at least days between jumps. However, the Infinity has integrated Forerunner technology and I believe can travel through slip space even faster than Covenant ships.
Quote:
While there isn't a confirmed date for when the game will take place, the boot up sequence for Chief's armor in the newest trailer shows a date when Catherine Halsey last modified the suit. I can't remember the exact date, but it was in 2561, implying that there is a three year gap between H5 and H6.
Now I'm confused. OP is saying 2559
Quote:
Now I'm confused. OP is saying 2559
he corrected himself. look at the post above yours.
So which year is Infinite
Dont know yet,when chiefs boots up his armor it says last modified by halsey in 2561
Dont know yet,when chiefs boots up his armor it says last modified by halsey in 2561
Dang! You're right. It's still a 3 year gap! What do you guys/girls/unspecified genders think will have happened in that gap?
Dang! You're right. It's still a 3 year gap! What do you guys/girls/unspecified genders think will have happened in that gap?
Space Birds turned off everyone's Wi-Fi and Lasky, in his unbridled rage at not being able to finish the Sopranos, rammed the Infinity into Zeta Halo? Who knows? Will certainly be interesting to see in what shape the galaxy is in 2560's. We will probably get a novel or two to fill some of that gap.
Space Birds turned off everyone's Wi-Fi and Lasky, in his unbridled rage at not being able to finish the Sopranos, rammed the Infinity into Zeta Halo? Who knows? Will certainly be interesting to see in what shape the galaxy is in 2560's. We will probably get a novel or two to fill some of that gap.
I hope so, NINJAinTIGHTS1. I really do.
I don’t think they’ll be novel(s) or other media explaining what occurs in the 3 year gap. At least nothing that ties in directly with Infinite. 343i have learned their lesson in that regard.
That said, I wouldn’t be opposed to a First Strike Type Story. Some tale of an event that, while important, isn’t required to understand and enjoy Infinite’s campaign.
Fred better still be alive.
I don’t think they’ll be novel(s) or other media explaining what occurs in the 3 year gap. At least nothing that ties in directly with Infinite. 343i have learned their lesson in that regard.
That said, I wouldn’t be opposed to a First Strike Type Story. Some tale of an event that, while important, isn’t required to understand and enjoy Infinite’s campaign.
I really hope they do something like this. There's so much lore in First Strike and for 343 to bring something like that to the table, would bring a massive smile to my face.
Also, anyone forgetting about Bastion? Really hope they visit this in a novella or some type of comic. I'm willing to bet Bastion isn't a Shield World but real worlds within the Magelantic Star Cloud (Path Kethona). Really can't wait for this. Also the unknown of Mendicant Bias and Guilty Spark, even though most casual players of Halo don't even know MB name at all, which is insanely unfortunate. Hopefully 343 revives loose threads within the lore as a whole.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2