Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] 343 elites design is bad?

OP Kyoshi Becerra

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I didn't understand about for what reason the community didn't like the 343 design and the bungie design yes!!!!!
Personally i prefer the 343 design because the look better in my opinion, the looks more stronger more taller and more intimidating (but the bungie design looks cool too).
The only think that 343 have to change in the elites is that make the elites abilites like the classics.
But in my personal (again) opinion the classic elites can look more cool if 343 can put it his elites armor style, (Halo 4 and 5 elite armour style) what do you think about this last opinion? 343 TAKE NOTE.
this should explain, https://youtu.be/LibYtxzg1sg
They just aren't like actual elites.
I honestly dislike the new elites. They don't feel like elites. They look more like brutes and act like them too in cutscenes. The original designs were sleek and elitist. In the new games they're heads are huge and their helmets make them look larger. And their feet have so much armor on them, they must cause earthquakes. And the worst part are their mandibles, their teeth would have to touch their eyes because of their new design. However, the old elites didn't have humongous feet and their armor made their design look more sleek. That and they sounded so nobel and elite, now they sound deep, just like average evil aliens.
The new elites look more like stereotypical space monsters rather than an advanced race. The old elites were set apart by their honour and intelligence, but now they look barbaric and savage.
You're sarcastic right?
juhoxxx wrote:
You're sarcastic right?
In what part?
Oh lord I could write an essay on everything that's wrong with 343's Sangheili design but? I kind of feel like I've been knocked down and had my spine stepped on by one of them so I think I'll pass just now.

Suffice to say the design is objectively pretty awful.
Honestly I find them more in line with the books, where they always seem to rediculusly large and strong.
The new elites look more like stereotypical space monsters rather than an advanced race. The old elites were set apart by their honour and intelligence, but now they look barbaric and savage.
And yet they do nothing particularly intelligent or honorable in the games or books. I think the only examples I can think of them doing something honorable is the Arbiter's H2A cutscenes.

Other times its just honor having some silly rule that gets in the way of intelligence.
They just got out of a 30 year war, betrayed by those they trusted as prophets, and are now fighting a civil war. How do you expect them to be like?
Oh lord I could write an essay on everything that's wrong with 343's Sangheili design but? I kind of feel like I've been knocked down and had my spine stepped on by one of them so I think I'll pass just now.

Feel free to write the essay, no one is stopping you.
It's like someone replaced a sleek salamander with a giant lizard and proceeded to tell you it had always looked like a giant lizard
AlertFiend wrote:

Feel free to write the essay, no one is stopping you.
Crippling nerve pain is stopping me :') otherwise, believe me, I'd have a nice long bit hammered out by now.
juhoxxx wrote:
You're sarcastic right?
In what part?
I'm quite shocked that anyone could prefer the new design. Turning elites into brutes was an awful idea. So you must be joking.
They new elites don't share the same feeling as the classic ones do; from what is shown in the cutscenes they are far slower and dare I say, 'dumber' than in previous games. (Though Jul'Mdama was shown to be very intelligent and powerful in halo 4. 5 just made him a throwaway villain.) The anatomy now is also a radical departure from the lithe and athletic design shown in the lore and previous game entries. The armor is another whole monster... Seriously, look at the elites in halo wars 2 and then look back at supposedly the same kind of warriors shown in halo 5 and 4.
Too bulky. They sound and act more like brutes in cutscenes. I wouldn't mind if they brought back the Halo 2 Anniversary design in Halo 6. I know they're supposed to be a different subspecies of Sangheili but it doesn't excuse The Arbiter changing to the new design in Halo 5. They could have the new and old brutes fight together in Halo 6. Maybe have the bigger elites use heavy weapons like plasma turrets or fuel rod canons?
I don't mind the new elites, they look more "alien" in my opinion. There are two different species, so I don't understand the hate.
I don't mind the new elites, they look more "alien" in my opinion. There are two different species, so I don't understand the hate.
The canon explanation of there being two different species only exists because they redesigned the elites in Halo 4. The design was created and then the story explanation followed, not the other way around.

I also don't really understand this idea of the new elites looking more "alien". Their anatomy is still essentially the same. What about the old design didn't seem alien to you?
Bensolo31 wrote:
The canon explanation of there being two different species only exists because they redesigned the elites in Halo 4. The design was created and then the story explanation followed, not the other way around.

I also don't really understand this idea of the new elites looking more "alien". Their anatomy is still essentially the same. What about the old design didn't seem alien to you?
Yes, I'm aware of that, it also opens an opportunity to have both elite species in the same game, that would be cool, imo.

I think the old design is more humanoid. The new one have a very distinct different face and his larger hands and foots makes it feel more "alien", imo. Not saying it is better or worse, just different..
Honestly I find them more in line with the books, where they always seem to rediculusly large and strong.
And yet they do nothing particularly intelligent or honorable in the games or books. I think the only examples I can think of them doing something honorable is the Arbiter's H2A cutscenes.

Other times its just honor having some silly rule that gets in the way of intelligence.
One thing to remember is that this is a completely different species, and some cultures on Earth have different views on what is 'honourable'. That being said, in Halo: The Cole Protocol, one elite commits suicide instead of returning to his family a coward, which is considered honourable by his peers. Elites usually believe in fighting head on, and view terrorist attacks with ckmplete disgust, even more than many people in the current world.

As for their intelligence, compared to the other species of the Covenant, they are always depicted as competent. During the battle of Installation 00, the elite fleet, outnumbered by the brutes 3:1, overpowered Truth's fleet. This wasn't done by sheer firepower alone, so the elites must have outmanoeuvred or outsmarted the brutes in someway. It was also an elite who fallied the split fleet above Delta halo to stop the flood escaping, something the brutes hadn't thought of. In the same battle, elites demonstrated their honour again, when infected elite ships lowered their shieldsto allow their brothers to ddestroy them.
Are you kidding?!?! Halo started with the old look so why change in the first place!?!?!? People start with this look being the definition of an elite then they change and it is just sad. Thats why I'm so happy halo wars 2 fixed it and had elites and even other things in the art look like the classic art style. Fingers crossed it stays for halo 6. Neeeeeed to see arbiter with correct art style in new halo game!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3