Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] 5th Community Writing Contest (Please Lock)

OP Flugel Meister

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
UK1V wrote:
Pyschological Assessment:Subject Tux - ODST (A-972)Tux has exceeded many expectations in his career; However recent actions have made it increasingly clear that he is incapable of solo active field work, after the sudden horrific loss of his Fireteam. Mission [REDACTED].Tux suffered a complete breakdown, possibly linked to the memories of his youth when he witnessed his home being glassed. This is the first time he has lost anybody since the destruction of Reach.

Following his rejected application for the Spartan IV program, it is my opinion that Tux A-972 is to begin a full reintegration program where he is placed with a new squad. Should his situation deteriorate further he is to be completely removed from ODST as unfit for service.

Tux has earnt a second chance, though his actions should be viewed closely, as not to endanger the lives of himself or his new squad.
This is my first story, I hope you enjoy it, all feedback is welcome! Preferably what I could improve on next time! Wether you message me on forum or directly! Thanks guys :P
Phew, just scraped in on the last day. Here goes

Post Training Incident:
Subject: Spartan A-216 (Andros, Kaitlyn)
Psychological Assessment:
A heated altercation two days ago, between drill instructors and fireteam crucifix came to blows as the drill sergeants, lashed out and attacked the children. In quick response to her new threat, and following instinct, Trainee A-216, Kaitlyn Andros killed two of the men in swift yet precise flurry of blows. Shortly afterwards, she went in to shock.

Kaitlyn has always been noted as a charismatic, empathetic, brave yet easily excited young girl, who while being trained to be a killer, is often looking out for her team mates. I believe that this latest incident may have severe impacts on her extroverted nature, as she has thus-far, ignored any and all attempts of communication from fellow trainees and staff members here on Onyx.

I fear this display of sociopathic tendencies will have negative influences on her team cohesion on and off the field. It is also my belief that the “accident” has caused Kaitlyn, severe post-traumatic stress which will most almost certainly, negatively impact her performance on the field and thus reducing her effectiveness as a spartan.

I recommend an increase in squad based exercises to buffer the asocial behavior, and two months, of continued counselling sessions, twice a week.

(200 Words)
Psychological Assessment

Subject: Corporal Elim Naka
99th Shock Troops Battalion

Elim is a fantastic warrior and an expert in reconnaissance. Although he shows considerable skill and prowess during combat operations he has had several altercations with superior officers while being stationed on various vessels and ground commands. It appears as if he has a lack of respect for officers who he feels "did not earn" there position.

The most notable incidence took place in a bar in Sydney. The details are shady but it seems like he confronted an ONI commander and it did not bode well.

Although Elim has shown considerable issues towards superior officers he is still an outstanding marine. His ability to make split second decisions in the field is nothing short of extraordinary. He has been assigned to several non-combatant roles since the Battle of Mombosa and I believe it is time to get him back in the field.

It is in my opinion that he would be a great candidate for this special unit you are creating. He can gather intelligence and handle his own against any threat that may come his way. If we surround him with some level headed counterparts we should be able to instill some trust and loyalty towards officers.

(200 words)
The Contest is now closed!

Thanks for participating, folks!
Hate to seem pushy, but will we receive the results of Contest 4 and 5 together?
I would imagine the results would be released on the 1st of June?
I would imagine the results would be released on the 1st of June?
I wouldn't count on it. Contest 3's results took a while to be finalize and release with criticisms attatched. Granted, while the scope and amount of submissions here may be smaller than Contests 3 and 4, knowing Flugel we might need to wait a bit longer. I dunno, just give it time.
Results for Contest 4 haven't been posted yet, so I imagine it'll be a while
Sorry for the delay, folks, but I was busy writing a screenplay for an assignment. That's now finished, so I can concentrate on getting your entries critiqued.
I'm afraid I'll be delayed in getting these back to you. Got a couple of interviews lined up so I'm going to be prepping for those.

I haven't forgotten about you all, but for now the interviews will be a priority. If I get a mo to read some more I'll try and get the big competition entries fully critiqued. And then move on to these ones.

Sorry, folks!
I'm afraid I'll be delayed in getting these back to you. Got a couple of interviews lined up so I'm going to be prepping for those.

I haven't forgotten about you all, but for now the interviews will be a priority. If I get a mo to read some more I'll try and get the big competition entries fully critiqued. And then move on to these ones.

Sorry, folks!
Good luck with the interviews.

Sorry, folks!
Your work is fully appreciated around here! Good luck with the interviews!
I have returned!
Ah, my bad. It appears another interview has come in. It'll be next week so hopefully I can get these back to you by then. Fingers crossed.
Sorry for the delay, folks.
Sorry for the delay, folks.
Crack on chief, hope the interviews are going well.
Update: interview this Friday. Will look at publishing after that date.
Update: interview this Friday. Will look at publishing after that date.
Hope it goes well for you, remember to stay calm.
How'd the interview go?
How'd the interview go?
It went well, but I didn't get the job.

Anyway, back to the critiques.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7