Forums / Community / Halo Universe

A bring-back-to-life character

OP Walker184

If you could bring a Halo character back to life, who would it be? There are some characters for me that either were to good to die or were not dragged out enough in the story. I know many of you may say the Rookie or Jul Mdama, and I completely understand you. I kinda wish Tartarus had lived a little longer in the story. I wouldn't consider the Didact, since there is the hint that he's still alive.
Maybe the Exuberant will go rampant and try to kill people or something, if she's in H6
For Guilty Spark, it's more than a rumor; he actually survived the events of Halo 3.
For Didact, it's more than a hint now, because a 343i rep said that we had not seen the last of the Didact after Halo Escalation.
But I'm not a huge fan of people getting brought back to life. If their defeats were originally ambiguous (like Didact in Halo 4), then sure, bring them back, because it wasn't for sure they were ever dead.
With Guilty Spark, I'm surprised they made the claim he survived, because in Halo 3 you shoot him with a Splaser until he literally explodes, so I don't know how there were any remains of his chassis. Cortana is another example of someone they shouldn't have brought back. Maybe because these beings were artificial, 343i thought there was some inherent ambiguity in whether they could ever actually "die".
If they bring back someone who is obviously dead, like Johnson or Noble Six, I might just be done with Halo.
Chimera30 wrote:
For Guilty Spark, it's more than a rumor; he actually survived the events of Halo 3.
For Didact, it's more than a hint now, because a 343i rep said that we had not seen the last of the Didact after Halo Escalation.
But I'm not a huge fan of people getting brought back to life. If their defeats were originally ambiguous (like Didact in Halo 4), then sure, bring them back, because it wasn't for sure they were ever dead.
With Guilty Spark, I'm surprised they made the claim he survived, because in Halo 3 you shoot him with a Splaser until he literally explodes, so I don't know how there were any remains of his chassis. Cortana is another example of someone they shouldn't have brought back. Maybe because these beings were artificial, 343i thought there was some inherent ambiguity in whether they could ever actually "die".
If they bring back someone who is obviously dead, like Johnson or Noble Six, I might just be done with Halo.
Oops! I forgot about Halo: Hunters in the Dark. Aside from that, its just a fantasy question; is there any character you wish had lived longer than they had?
Walker184 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Oops! I forgot about Halo: Hunters in the Dark. Aside from that, its just a fantasy question; is there any character you wish had lived longer than they had?
Well, sure, a bunch. That's part of what made their loss so sad. But that sadness made the games more impactful.
The Halo franchise wouldn't be what it is without the loss of great characters like Keyes and Johnson. Hell, Halo Reach was a story where you already knew that everyone was going to die, but it was still a great game. Deaths are an important part of Halo.
Chimera30 wrote:
Walker184 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Well, sure, a bunch. That's part of what made their loss so sad. But that sadness made the games more impactful.
The Halo franchise wouldn't be what it is without the loss of great characters like Keyes and Johnson. Hell, Halo Reach was a story where you already knew that everyone was going to die, but it was still a great game. Deaths are an important part of Halo.
Fair enough : )
I would like to see the Gravemind again. It actually is possible for the Gravemind to come back, because once one dies (the one in H3), another flood form takes his place. Fortunately, that will probably happen in H6.
Chimera30 wrote:
But I'm not a huge fan of people getting brought back to life.
Agreed. It is gutsy writing for a sci fi franchise to keep its dead characters dead (when sci fi allows so many opportunities to bring them back thru various means) because it forces everyone to move on, and it feels more real. Halo was pretty good at that.

Which is why it was such a shame to... *sigh* nevermind.
The Rookie or Spartan Black Team since I feel like their deaths were a waste.
i don't want anyone brought back to life
I would not want a comic book-style resurrection of any of the characters. Stories gain their power of effect by taking themselves seriously. Life, death, sound, and silence are a big part of our world. A character lives, acts, dies, does not.

If the question is in stead "which character would you rather never had died," I would either go for Spartan Black or Jul 'Mdama. Spartan Black is an odd choice, but I stand by it because there was no reason for 343 Industries to kill them off. Like... no reason for them to be in that story. Hood says that Spartan Black was guarding a science team that was on Gamma Halo... that is a serious mis-allocation of a very valuable asset. Common soldiers would have sufficed. It just seems like a way to make us feel bad about the Didact not being dead in a petty way that closes off story opportunities.

And Jul, well... everyone knows those old reasons.
I wish for more Jul, so much wasted potential.
The Didact. I know he isn't necessarily dead (I haven't read much of the lore, so the extent of my knowledge is from the forums), but not having him in Halo 5 as the villain was a real tragedy. He was great in Halo 4, and I was really hoping we would see him in some form in Halo 5.
None. Those dead , should stay dead. And we move on
ThirdEye27 wrote:
The Didact. I know he isn't necessarily dead (I haven't read much of the lore, so the extent of my knowledge is from the forums), but not having him in Halo 5 as the villain was a real tragedy. He was great in Halo 4, and I was really hoping we would see him in some form in Halo 5.
What if H6 reveals that in H5 Cortana was working for the Didact all that time?
I would like to see the Gravemind again. It actually is possible for the Gravemind to come back, because once one dies (the one in H3), another flood form takes his place. Fortunately, that will probably happen in H6.
Gravemind it's not necessarily an individual
whether I think killing off Jul Mdama was a huge waste of potential I don't want no one brought back from the dead.
We already know what happened when 343 decided to bring back someone....
I would be up for continuing to play as my Noble Six.