About that Fall of Reach Animated Series trailer

OP JJAB91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
Well I'm looking forward to this anyway :)
JJAB91 wrote:
Pause at 1:12 I already see two major errors.

1. Samuel can be seen wearing CQB. The CQB armor variant was not developed until after the Battle of Jericho VII which took place in 2535. Thats 10 years after this scene.

2. Samuel is also seen wielding a Battle Rifle. Not only was the BR we know today not developed yet(Outside of a few prototypes such as the XBR-55, but why would the Spartans have access to that?) but the BR he is holding is the BR-85, a weapon that was not developed until late in the Covenant War almost 30 years later and based on the data from the BR-55 and BR-55HB which didn't even exist yet.

3. We also see later in the trailer a brief flash of Linda in ARGUS-class Mjolnir, which to my knowledge didn't exist yet either.
Fictionally: You realize that lots of tech is prototyped YEARS in advance, right?

Practically: Sometimes you make decisions based on the need to make relateable connections. Every once in a while that might not jive with random scattered details that were "preestablished." It's not remotely egregious enough to not be able to enjoy the whole piece because of it lol. Embrace the details when they line up (which they usually do), and don't fret the ones that don't necessarily do so exactly how you would want it to (as well as assume there is always some sort of reason for why it was done that way).

:-)
The whole "ITS A PROTOTYPE!!!" exuse doesn't really work when you got a weapon model thats meant to be a successor to a weapon that is also still in the prototype stage.

Not to mention how in reality, "Prototype" doesn't mean "fully realized technology that works perfectly and simply won't be widespread until decades later".

Just like how people generally don't like it when you essentially sell them a beta of a game rather than the final product, I'd imagine it's not a good idea to give soldiers in a combat scenario equipment that has no real guarentee of actually working or being reliable.
You have that in freaking FUD with the D79-TC which is quoted as being field tested in 2526 despite only coming into mainstream military 2557
Skeleborn wrote:
I guess I just don't see why anyone would deliberately choose to use out-of-place armor or weapons when there's the option to just use assets appropriate to the time period. I don't think it would adversely impact anyone's enjoyment of the show if Sam had been wearing a CQC helmet or brandishing a BR55. The opposite, meanwhile, does bother a small but non-insignificant number of passionate lore fans. So why not just get it right and satisfy everyone?
Well the CQC armour hasn't had a rendition since 2010 so it would be really difficult to adjust as for the BR55 did sequence have renders of those in H2A; as for the whole armour thing I find it very perplexing that we can casually toss aside legends for being non-canon (which is true) but can't put aside fall of reach for having design liberties due to time and non lore masters being thick. but on the positive side we all got our mark IV back that everyone was complaining was retconned to Mark VI GEN2
Skeleborn wrote:
I guess I just don't see why anyone would deliberately choose to use out-of-place armor or weapons when there's the option to just use assets appropriate to the time period. I don't think it would adversely impact anyone's enjoyment of the show if Sam had been wearing a CQC helmet or brandishing a BR55. The opposite, meanwhile, does bother a small but non-insignificant number of passionate lore fans. So why not just get it right and satisfy everyone?
Well the CQC armour hasn't had a rendition since 2010 so it would be really difficult to adjust as for the BR55 did sequence have renders of those in H2A; as for the whole armour thing I find it very perplexing that we can casually toss aside legends for being non-canon (which is true) but can't put aside fall of reach for having design liberties due to time and non lore masters being thick. but on the positive side we all got our mark IV back that everyone was complaining was retconned to Mark VI GEN2
Neither has CQB...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7