Forums / Community / Halo Universe

About the Halo 4 Sangheili Language

OP Arceealloy

Hi everyone, I was wondering how many of your would be interested in learning the sangheili language?

What I'm hoping one day is that 343 will release all the info so that it's learnable, like GoT did with the dorhraki language.

I even made a subreddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/sangheili_language/ !

For anyone who wants to be able to discuss the language without losing track of the topics.

A couple of friends of mine have made an extensive examination of it, if you're interested in reading. It's far from complete, but a lot has been looked at.

Here's a youtube link that shows most times that the Sangheili speak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkVRrEBCaM&t=372s

What are your thoughts?
I thought it was just gibberish in Halo 4.
I admire the enthusiasm but I don't think there's any way 343 have gone to the depth of pulling together an entire language. I could well be wrong though.
juhoxxx wrote:
Hahahaha! Me too!
I admit it would be cool to be able to speak sangheli, but what use would it actually have?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
juhoxxx wrote:
No, it is a very real language. (Obviously fictional, I mean it has legit grammar, structure, and the foundation of real life languages.)
I admire the enthusiasm but I don't think there's any way 343 have gone to the depth of pulling together an entire language. I could well be wrong though.
Promethean ee-hahshee-hoo 'Mdama eerayrah cheennshee. Wahrahtsuah uhtohkah nohkoh eekahtahtah rohkehmah! - "I never believed ‘Mdama hasn’t much control over his Prometheans as he claimed. He claws at whatever advantage presents itself. We will see if this mission bares any fruit, or whether it becomes yet another in his long list of failures."

Looks like depth to me. :P
Promethean ee-hahshee-hoo 'Mdama eerayrah cheennshee. Wahrahtsuah uhtohkah nohkoh eekahtahtah rohkehmah! - "I never believed ‘Mdama hasn’t much control over his Prometheans as he claimed. He claws at whatever advantage presents itself. We will see if this mission bares any fruit, or whether it becomes yet another in his long list of failures."

Now don't get me wrong, there has most definitely been an effort to present a language, but enough to have it be learnable...? Halo 5 was thin as it was because they were stretched for resource - if they had a xenolinguist up in there writing out Promethean, I'd doff my cap, then I'd eat it :)

Now don't get me wrong, there has most definitely been an effort to present a language, but enough to have it be learnable...? Halo 5 was thin as it was because they were stretched for resource - if they had a xenolinguist up in there writing out Promethean, I'd doff my cap, then I'd eat it :)
Oh. It's a full language, though. It's just not very present in H5 because many complained about the Sangheili language in 4, and how they prefer English Elites.

Oh. It's a full language, though. It's just not very present in H5 because many complained about the Sangheili language in 4, and how they prefer English Elites.
Then consider my cap eaten!
Yes please