Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Active Spartan IIs

OP GrammerHammar

Pardon my lore-noobiness, but just wondering, is there any living Spartan IIs outside of Blue Team? Or are they all dead?
Naomi-010 is still alive from Kilo-5. As far as we are aware, Red Team (from the Spirit of Fire) are still alive, and Gray Team are probably still alive as well (seeing as we haven't heard anything about their deaths). I think that it's. That makes for a total of 11 surviving Spartan II's. I also read somewhere that Spartan-II's previously thought dead were showing up after the Human-Covenant War, so there could be more.
Spartan 458 from Dead or Alive 4
Black96z wrote:
Dunno if being trapped in another time (and seemingly universe), makes you 'active'.
Currently known active:
  • John-117
  • Frederic-104
  • Linda-058
  • Kelly-087
  • Naomi-010
Possibly active, but unconfirmed:
  • Adriana-111
  • Mike-120
  • Jai-006
Actually MIA:
  • Jerome-092
  • Alice-130
  • Douglas-042
  • James-005
Reported MIA, actually KIA:
  • Joshua-029
  • Li-008
  • Anton-044
  • Grace-093
  • William-043
  • Isaac-039
  • Vinh-030
  • Malcolm-059
  • Daisy-023
  • Cal-141
  • Samuel-034
  • Keiichi-047
  • Kurt-051
  • Jorge-052
  • Sheila-065
  • Solomon-069
  • Arthur-079
  • Oscar-129
Confirmed KIA, unknown report:
  • Otto-031
  • Margaret-053
  • Victor-101
  • Roma-143
Status unconfirmed:
  • Joseph-122
Retired:
  • Randall-037, aka Randall Aiken from Nightfall
  • Maria-062
I hope this list helps.
Black96z wrote:
Dunno if being trapped in another time (and seemingly universe), makes you 'active'.
Is Nicole even really canon? the -458 for her candidate number makes me kinda doubt that.
343 (maybe catalogue?) said Nicole was based on a canon spartan, but her presence in the game is non-canon. Halopedia seems to recall what I remmeber, but sadly their link to the source now goes nowhere.

So...I guess there's a spartan named Nicole, and thats about the only thing we can probably take as canon.
It is possible that Beta Red was rescued during The Fall of Reach, going off by audio logs from Halo: Reach. If they did survive, then we have a couple of possible blank slates for 343 to work with. Several Canon Fodders and armour descriptions mention Spartan-II testers but so far we haven't heard anything on which Spartan-IIs that being referred to here. Grey Team as far as we are aware are MIA, Naomi is just one Spartan-II when Canon Fodder implies several, Blue Team is busy (and I don't see them testing new armour besides the ones they are currently wearing) and Red is also missing. So the only plausible explanation is that there are more Spartans than those I had just mentioned, possibly survivors from The Fall of Reach.

But that's just rampant speculation on my part.
Drof97 wrote:
It is possible that Beta Red was rescued during The Fall of Reach, going off by audio logs from Halo: Reach. If they did survive, then we have a couple of possible blank slates for 343 to work with. Several Canon Fodders and armour descriptions mention Spartan-II testers but so far we haven't heard anything on which Spartan-IIs that being referred to here. Grey Team as far as we are aware are MIA, Naomi is just one Spartan-II when Canon Fodder implies several, Blue Team is busy (and I don't see them testing new armour besides the ones they are currently wearing) and Red is also missing. So the only plausible explanation is that there are more Spartans than those I had just mentioned, possibly survivors from The Fall of Reach.

I really wish that one day we will get a canon fodder article or another piece of fiction that details all the remaining Spartan-II's. All we can really do now is speculate on how many remain. Again, I also read somewhere (can't remember where!) that after the Human Covenant War, many previously thought dead Spartan IIs starting reappearing. Could these possibly be the spartans of Beta Red? I JUST WANT TO KNOW!
as Nova said there are 5 confirmed active Spartan IIs but there is plenty of evidence that Grey is still active so 8.
  • Joshua-029
  • Li-008
  • Anton-044
  • Grace-093
  • William-043
  • Isaac-039
  • Vinh-030
  • Malcolm-059
  • Daisy-023
  • Cal-141
  • Samuel-034
  • Keiichi-047
  • Kurt-051
  • Jorge-052
  • Sheila-065
  • Solomon-069
  • Arthur-079
  • Oscar-129
  • Otto-031
  • Margaret-053
  • Victor-101
  • Roma-143
I hope this list helps.
This list kind of hurts a little. I only know Jorge really, but just to think that they spent their lives believing that they would save humanity or that they would end war, and they all probably died thinking their sacrifice would give humanity a fighting chance.
Spartans never die. Their spirits live in all of us.
Black96z wrote:
Is Nicole even really canon? the -458 for her candidate number makes me kinda doubt that.
I do not have a source, but bungie said she was canon, but not the time travel story
Some of the Spartan II's that were severely injured during augmentation were put into cryo by Halsey with the intention of "restoring them" when the technology to do so became available. A few, like Osman, Musa, and Fajhad were able to fill other roles in the UNSC and ONI. That was in the Fall of Reach novel and gives 343 room in the canon to bring some S II's "back" later without having to retcon it.
Spartans never die
Drof97 wrote:

I really wish that one day we will get a canon fodder article or another piece of fiction that details all the remaining Spartan-II's. All we can really do now is speculate on how many remain. Again, I also read somewhere (can't remember where!) that after the Human Covenant War, many previously thought dead Spartan IIs starting reappearing. Could these possibly be the spartans of Beta Red? I JUST WANT TO KNOW!
The previously thought dead Spartans you talk about more than likely refer to those who 'died' during the augmentation procedures. The funeral where their coffins were launched into space in view of the surviving II's was just for show as it was a closed-casket ceremony. ONI probably managed to resuscitate some of them afterwards and used them in an even more private capacity than the rest of their peers. I believe that Black Team consisted of such individuals. I'm also quite interested in the fates of Kirk and Rene.

On a side note, Spartan-1337 is still out there, selflessly doing the missions that nobody else dares undertake. All the while enduring being comically chased by hostile beasts and developing passive-aggressive relationships with the locals.
  • Joshua-029
  • Li-008
  • Anton-044
  • Grace-093
  • William-043
  • Isaac-039
  • Vinh-030
  • Malcolm-059
  • Daisy-023
  • Cal-141
  • Samuel-034
  • Keiichi-047
  • Kurt-051
  • Jorge-052
  • Sheila-065
  • Solomon-069
  • Arthur-079
  • Oscar-129
  • Otto-031
  • Margaret-053
  • Victor-101
  • Roma-143
I hope this list helps.
This list kind of hurts a little. I only know Jorge really, but just to think that they spent their lives believing that they would save humanity or that they would end war, and they all probably died thinking their sacrifice would give humanity a fighting chance.
They were proud of who they were and I know that the only regret the deceased Spartans would have was to not see the war til the end.
  • Joshua-029
  • Li-008
  • Anton-044
  • Grace-093
  • William-043
  • Isaac-039
  • Vinh-030
  • Malcolm-059
  • Daisy-023
  • Cal-141
  • Samuel-034
  • Keiichi-047
  • Kurt-051
  • Jorge-052
  • Sheila-065
  • Solomon-069
  • Arthur-079
  • Oscar-129
  • Otto-031
  • Margaret-053
  • Victor-101
  • Roma-143
I hope this list helps.
This list does hurt. Reading the list and knowing most of these Spartans makes my heart sink. Especially Will and Kurt. I had never had my eyes water while reading a book before.
Known to be alive:
Blue team
-John-117
-Fred-104
-Linda-058
-Kelly-087

Naomi-010

Alive as of the start to Halo Wars 2
Red Team
-Jerome-092
-Alice-130
-Douglas-042

Deemed too inaccessible to be recalled to Reach, 2551
Gray Team
-Adriana-111
-Mike-120
-Jai-006
Update:

Felt I should add to this old thread since I started reading Envoy. All three members of Spartan Grey Team are confirmed alive as of 6 years after the end of the Human-Covenant war so as of 2559. I haven't finished the book but I hope all three survive.

Also, is Spartan 1337 even canon? I just assumed he wasn't lol
Please don't revive old topics, thanks.