Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Agent Locke origin theory

OP I MendicantBias

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
https://haloarchives.squarespace.com/thelibrary/agentlockeorigintheory

One of the best Ideas I have seen within the last few years, he surely gets props for that possible connection.
Best theory on his back story yet, great work.
Quote:
https://haloarchives.squarespace.com/thelibrary/agentlockeorigintheory

One of the best Ideas I have seen within the last few years, he surely gets props for that possible connection.
That was one of the most interesting theories I have read on Locke so far. It seems like a longshot, but everything in that theory made sense to me. Hell, I would love it if Locke really was the son of Johnson, it could help fill that void that was created in 2007 with Johnsons death.

I'm excited to see how accurate this theory actually is once we find out his true origin.
I've said it before, but having Locke be Johnson's super special Spartan snowflake of a son just reads like bad fanfiction. The article itself wasn't, but the idea just doesn't sit well with me. The community just seems to have an obsession with making everyone related or the same. How many times did people suggest Locke was Chief's clone? Then one person suggested he is Chief's brother or adopted step-brother. Sure, the Johnson angle is more logical, but it is unnecessary.
Just a couple of problems that I see:

1. It is suggested that the Spartan 1.1s didn't inherit their augmentations, but were given them after birth through chemical injections.

2. Johnson joined the Marine at 19.

Not so much problems with the theory, just the article. Great read, though! I doubt Locke is Johnson's son, though. More of a personal feeling than anything. I would love if Johnson had a son or daughter who showed up at some point.
I'm not fully up to speed on I Love Bee's. Were the 1.1s supposed to be crazy augmented from birth? The article did say they inherited several enhancements. Which, as stated in the article, would have made them prime candidates to become Spartans IV.

Perhaps I'm just looking for connections at this point, but the article said that one of the side effects for people in the Orion project was unexpected mental instabilities. Sounds like it may have left them "broken" which is what Halsey's interviewer suggested was a reason Master Chief may have succeeded. If the enhancements could have been transferred to the 1.1s, why not the side effects?

An enhanced from birth, broken Spartan 1.1 turned Spartan IV to go after (maybe even replace) the Chief? I'd buy that for a dollar.
The Halo universe is so vast that I feel introducing "new" characters that are actually just related to one's we know is limiting. I for one hope that Agent Locke is an entirely new character NOT related to any person we already know in the Halo universe.
Query Answer: If Locke Johnson persists for more than four hours, consult a medical professional.
What if Agent Locke inherited Johnsons Flood Resistance ?!?!?!?!??
Quote:
1. It is suggested that the Spartan 1.1s didn't inherit their augmentations, but were given them after birth through chemical injections.
It was suggested by a crooked and "stupid" Cop. I don't know if I would consider him a reliable source. All he managed to do is figure out she was augmented but how would he have known someone had actually injected her with anything?

From what I have been able to gather from reading through the Axon Clips, she had a pretty normal childhood until ONI came to see her at school and tagged her as gifted.

Quote:
2. Johnson joined the Marine at 19.
Simple mistake. Easily correctable.

Quote:
I've been toying with this idea in my head, but omitted it from the article. The Master Chief and Halsey decided that giving ONI that information wasn't worth sacrificing Johnson's life. The clues to his supposed immunity were truly lost when he actually died in Halo 3 but if Chief were to learn about a son, then he could consider the possibility that maybe it's not too late to find it?

Of course if Chief didn't want to sacrifice Johnson then he probably wouldn't want to sacrifice his son. Unless they had discovered some new information which could help? Maybe find some of the Librarian's research and combine them to find the Cure she had sought for so very long? ONI is aware of the ancient human cure and that the Librarian and Primordial tried very hard to find it and failed. He could be the missing piece of the puzzle.
Quote:
I believe that Johnson's immunity to the Flood was retconned by Bungie at some point. A shame, truly.
Quote:
Quote:
I believe that Johnson's immunity to the Flood was retconned by Bungie at some point. A shame, truly.
It wasn't retconned. His immunity to the Flood is still a thing. It's just that Boren's Syndrome isn't a real disease.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It wasn't retconned. His immunity to the Flood is still a thing. It's just that Boren's Syndrome isn't a real disease.
If it was, I would totally have it.
Quote:
Quote:
It was suggested by a crooked and "stupid" Cop. I don't know if I would consider him a reliable source. All he managed to do is figure out she was augmented but how would he have known someone had actually injected her with anything?

From what I have been able to gather from reading through the Axon Clips, she had a pretty normal childhood until ONI came to see her at school and tagged her as gifted.
I've been listening to the full I Love Bees audio logs lately for a future video about the ARG, and I could swear there was a somewhere else that suggested that the Spartan 1.1s didn't inherit their abilities, but I'll have to look again.

Quote:
Quote:
[quote]2. Johnson joined the Marine at 19.
Simple mistake. Easily correctable.
Like I said, not problems with the theory, just some nitpicking. I probably should have presented myself better.
Quote:
Query Answer: If Locke Johnson persists for more than four hours, consult a medical professional.
Did he just confirm his last name? If he did that's huge
Quote:
Quote:
It's pretty evident that it denied it completely.
I think it's safe to say that Catalog was implying the notion of "Locke Johnson" being silly. And all speculation on that end should cease.

;)
Quote:
I think it's safe to say that Catalog was implying the notion of "Locke Johnson" being silly. And all speculation on that end should cease.

;)
Exactly. Besides, do we really want to assume that the only two main black characters are related?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes because misinformation has never happened before. I think they are wanting to keep his identity secret for now so his full name might not be known until they want to reveal his last name.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes because misinformation has never happened before. I think they are wanting to keep his identity secret for now so his full name might not be known until they want to reveal his last name.
I'm pretty sure his last name is Locke. You generally don't call people with titles by their first name. (E.g. Admiral Hood not Admiral Terrence or Sergeant Johnson not Sergeant Avery).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2