Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Assault Rifle in HW2?

OP Hydro X Pros

So i've been wondering why the MA37 Assault Rifle from Halo Reach has made it's return in Halo wars 2, i'm sure there weren't any UNSC Army Troopers on the Spirit of Fire i mean im not complaining considering it's my favorite version of the Assault Rifle it's just weird seeing it here along with the MA5B version being used by one of the Spartans in the Menu Art, not to mention the inconsistency with marines in the cinematics being H2 anniversary models and the ones in game being the new designed Marines.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that weapons such as the MA37 would have been brought along from Earth alongside research teams and UEG/UNSC Military. That would be the most obvious answer for basically any equipment change in Halo Wars 2, but once again, I'm not entirely sure.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they just went with an answer along the lines of the MA37’s more skeletal design (which I personally dislike) being better for mass production than Navy/Marine MA5s which works out perfectly for the Spirit of Fire given their limited resources.

The real-life reason is probably just concept art weirdness or individual artistic license.
I would go with a mix of Isabelle logistics library upgrading the early war assault rifles to that variant while making the most of the limited resources available to the Spirt of Fire.
i also love the halo reach ar, but im sad to say that i dont think that the models on the main screen are the same models in game. the size of those models are not only supersized there also allot more detailed so it wouldn't make sense for those to be the same models in game. but this also apply to the spartan with the regular ar, either way i dont think we will ever be able to really know which it is. i think that you can look at it both ways since you cant really tell.
Well to be honest i like this decision, putting different designs from multiple games into one adds more believability to the universe like there shouldn't be just one version of the AR obviously you would have other variants. When i was younger i thought every new halo game retconned the last because of the radically different designs between so having different familiar designs in one game is nice.
Well to be honest i like this decision, putting different designs from multiple games into one adds more believability to the universe like there shouldn't be just one version of the AR obviously you would have other variants. When i was younger i thought every new halo game retconned the last because of the radically different designs between so having different familiar designs in one game is nice.
Yeah, no, no retcons. Just different variations of weapons available and in use.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
En lo personal no me gusta Ami tampoco el rifle de asalto de halo reach ya que su diseño me parece un poco raro en mi opinión, pero bueno almenos es un rifle de asalto que puedo usar no como H2 aniversario pero si me gustaría que hubieran almenos metido las variantes de los otros halos mostrando que los rifles de asalto tienen distintas variantes una más potente que la otra y no me gusta que esté rifle esté en halo infinite pero bueno almenos espero que esté rifle de halo infinite se pueda mejorar que lo único que no gusta de este rifle es la carcasa de el contador de balas que se lo cambiaría a un modelo MA5 de cualquier halo en el que dicho modelo MA5 haya aparecido para sentir que estoy usando otra variante de rifle de asalto que estaría bien
Please don't revive old topics thanks