1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Syc0 Santa wrote:
The title says it all.

Was Atriox just simply better than three Spartan 2s or were the 2s rusty from an almost 3 decade nap?

You could say unfair fight due to Atriox's sneak attack on them. Though that may sort of highlight how smart of a tactician he is. This was still THREE Spartan TWOS vs one brute... But obviously this isn't just any brute ...So ...

Thoughts?
Brutes are physically stronger than the spartans with their augemntations.
On top of that Atriox is being presented as an incredibly intelligent charachter.

Combine brains with brawn and you have a lethal combination.
Its good to show the spartans are not invincible, it makes their victories in the face of overwhelming odds even sweeter.
It's a ok, a single Spartan 4 will probably come in killing atriox, given 343's track record.
It's so weird though, in one of the books they said that after the SPARTAN II augmentations they were able to hear a pin drop in the middle of a sandstorm. And that was without MJOLNIR. Their reaction speed was 20 miliseconds. They could also virtually see in the dark without helmets. They would have known that a giant heavy breathing brute was behind them.
The Halo games have always had a different showing of the Spartan IIs and IIIs compared to the novels. This is made very apparent when you have two Spartans in their MJOLNIR armor fighting at speeds that Keyes could only see a blur in The Fall of Reach but we saw two Spartans in MJOLNIR armor increasing their speeds to even greater limits compared to the old ones in TFoR, they fight slower and with less skill than two drunk high schoolers despite being the "best" Spartans in Halo 5.
RABIH117 wrote:
It's a ok, a single Spartan 4 will probably come in killing atriox, given 343's track record.
That makes no sense.
LFXx3273 wrote:
Don't forget that Douglas, Alice, and Jerome are all wearing unshielded Mark IV Mjolnir and only have about six years of combat experience. Biologically speaking, they're also only around twenty years old.
I know right! people always forget this, that all Spartans on the spirit of fire are incredibly young as they were sent into cryo near the start of the war leaving them between the ages of 19 and 21. On top of that, they're wearing outdated armor, and have less experience. than other Spartans ( with John being somewhere between 30 and 45 due to his time in cryo) though age is relative for Spartans in the Halo universe, as sergeant Johnson, a Spartan 1 ( project Orion member) died at the age of 78 (minimum) and was still in active service. I have now doubt that more seasoned spartan 2s like blue team wouldn't have had nearly as much trouble with atriox.
I would say atriox is better
I would say Red Team was just rusty. Keep in mind that they are still in Mark IV and just came out of cryo for the first time in 28 years, besides Jerome.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4