Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Biggest Addition You Want To The Lore

OP BeastSprayz

This thread is mainly finding out what you would like to be added to the lore. What’s the main subject you would like 343 to dive into with any form of media.

For me it has to be the Spartan-IIIs they are hugely underdeveloped for how big of a role they play/played in the universe. If not the Spartan-IIIs then the ODSTs. But more specifically for ODSTs, give us some numbers/statistics of ODSTs during the war and post-war. It’d really have a huge effect that could only benefit the lore. But again, I’d like to see what you guys think below.
Honestly, I want more human stories told in game. I want too see the Human Covenant war from the perspective of a marine, or maybe an ODST again. I want to fear the Covenant, I want a game to convey how lethal and ruthless they really were.
Annihilating legions of aliens as a badass super solider is loads of fun, but I think it would also be fun to have a horror-survival esque shooter game where your entire squad of marines cant even take down a single Elite without losing some men.
Hamel wrote:
I want too see the Human Covenant war from the perspective of a marine, or maybe an ODST again. I want to fear the Covenant, I want a game to convey how lethal and ruthless they really were.
exactly this i miss the unique approach ODST took where i actually had to get used to not being able to run out of cover without getting blown to pieces because we didnt have shields i also would like to see something som shorts side stories like battlefield 1 did where you where playing a random soldier and no matter how hard you tried you would die anyways. i think that could be really good with halo marines
I'd definitely want to find out more about the insurrectionists' motives. Although I would be particularly interested in learning a little more about the forerunners and what happened during their war against the humans and flood. Maybe that could be a game? You play as a forerunner soldier (not the moronic robots in H5) and the game starts off with you fighting the humans. As the game progresses you discover more and more about the truth behind humanity's expanse into the universe. They are running from something, that something being the flood. Eventually you encounter the flood yourself a little later in the game and at the end (this obviously has to happen at the end of the game), as you're making your final stand against the swarms and hordes of flood, after witnessing your squad-mates fall one by one, the halo rings are fired, wiping out all sentient life in the universe along with you and the rest of the forerunners.
Other alien races, alliances and other civilisations the Covenant may have had peaceful or hostile relationships with before and during the human-covenant war.

I’d like to see how these factions deal with the Covenant splinter factions post war.

You can’t really right good political Cold War thrillers when A’s only option is to attack B.

It limits then more interesting sides of diplomacy and it means you always no who the culprit will be and why they did it.
Ryan1319 wrote:
Hamel wrote:
I want too see the Human Covenant war from the perspective of a marine, or maybe an ODST again. I want to fear the Covenant, I want a game to convey how lethal and ruthless they really were.
exactly this i miss the unique approach ODST took where i actually had to get used to not being able to run out of cover without getting blown to pieces because we didnt have shields i also would like to see something som shorts side stories like battlefield 1 did where you where playing a random soldier and no matter how hard you tried you would die anyways. i think that could be really good with halo marines
I agree with you entirely on the "no matter what, you die anyway" idea.

Metal of Honor Airborne had a really cool system where you drop into the battle from a parachute and fight until you die, then respawn as a new soldier airdropping into the fight. You burn through as many lives as you needed to finish the objective. I always thought that premise would be a really cool way to do an ODST game.
I'd love to see the story from the perspective of a marine (Halo Wars doesn't count)