Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Bring back the Didact *Spoiler Warnings*

OP DumbFoxSlyBunny

You were warned but please play Halo 4 and read escalation to fill in the blanks of what you know, anyways...

John later told the UNSC that he believed the Didact was only "contained", not dead. - Escalation

So its official he going to come back to us eventually but when? I don't know but, let that give us hope either for those Forerunner lovers out there who want the Didact to redeem himself and shepherd humanity to ascendants or to use the composer to compose them till they are his conscripts to fight the flood.

THE END
You were warned but please play Halo 4 and read escalation to fill in the blacks of what you know, anyways...

John later told the UNSC that he believed the Didact was only "contained", not dead. - EscalationSo its official he going to come back to us eventually but when? I don't know but, let that give us hope either for those Forerunner lovers out there who want the Didact to redeem himself and shepherd humanity to ascendants or to use the composer to compose them till they are his conscripts to fight the flood.

THE END
The Didact was killed in a comic.
You were warned but please play Halo 4 and read escalation to fill in the blacks of what you know, anyways...

John later told the UNSC that he believed the Didact was only "contained", not dead. - EscalationSo its official he going to come back to us eventually but when? I don't know but, let that give us hope either for those Forerunner lovers out there who want the Didact to redeem himself and shepherd humanity to ascendants or to use the composer to compose them till they are his conscripts to fight the flood.

THE END
I don’t think you read the comic very closely.
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
Didn't read it, heard it from a friend of mine who did read it.
That explains it. Your friend either didn't read it carefully or oversimplified the explanation to you. The Didact was not labeled "dead" in the comic. Something that the OP explicitly stated.
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
Hate to break it to you, but your friend has poor reading comprehension skills. And you just took his word for it without verifying anything.
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
Hate to break it to you, but your friend has poor reading comprehension skills. And you just took his word for it without verifying anything.
Getting a little heated, buddy?
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
Comic specifically has the Chief say the Didact is not dead.
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
Chimera30 made that clear. I don't read the comics as I stated earlier, a friend told me, he must have misread or misremembered.
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
Chimera30 made that clear. I don't read the comics as I stated earlier, a friend told me, he must have misread or misremembered.
The didact was composed,but wasn't considered dead,rather "contained"
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
But I thought he couldn't get composed because of his new form?, if you read in the forerunner novels he couldn't even access the domain thus making him go insane, because its kind of like a forerunner family album -Halo Wiki
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
But I thought he couldn't get composed because of his new form?, if you read in the forerunner novels he couldn't even access the domain thus making him go insane, because its kind of like a forerunner family album -Halo Wiki
he was hit by fire of multiple composers at once, and the reason he couldn't access the domain wasn't because he was unable, but that it was literally destroyed by the Halo's. The one in Halo 5 is a new one, which I guess he couldn't access for whatever reason, probably lack of knowledge on its existence,
Chimera30 wrote:

THE END
By one no he could not,but he was.composed by like 6 at the same time
ya there is a book were he comes back but then he dies
The Didact is basically the Halo equivalent of Mountain Dew Livewire.

They can bring him back or take him away at any point they wish, and I don't really care about it because the product isn't great.

They can bring him back or take him away at any point they wish, and I don't really care about it because the product isn't great.
I think the Didact would have been more intriguing if instead of him doing the whole force choke thing with the Chief, he instead physically manhandled the Chief. I really wish they had a hand to hand combat scene where the Chief gets played around with effortlessly.
You were warned but please play Halo 4 and read escalation to fill in the blanks of what you know, anyways...

THE END
Cortana goes ham, Didact returns to join her, Didact goes for John, Cortana snaps out of it for John, John and Cortana destroy Didact, Cortana also dies but redeemed.

I think the Didact would have been more intriguing if instead of him doing the whole force choke thing with the Chief, he instead physically manhandled the Chief. I really wish they had a hand to hand combat scene where the Chief gets played around with effortlessly.
Agreed, one of my main gripes about pretty much all the didacts appearances is that he never really fights anything. the books touch of his strategic ability but you never get to see the capable warrior hes supposed to be. Not actually getting to fight him in halo 4 is arguably my biggest disappointment from the game campaign wise, he was basically just a classic monologuing villian which is shame. I have hope they'll bring him back and show us the badass hes supposed to be at some point though.