Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Brutes in Halo 6

OP DapperOpossum63

Since the return of the Brutes and the Spirit of Fire in Halo Wars 2, do you think the Brutes will join Covenant? I personally think they should along with the return of their weapons.
Would be cool. But i think thats not a big deal. Seeing how they designed Halo 4 brutes, im rather sceptical.
I think it would be neat to see the brutes return in a fps Halo game. I would like to see the brutes and flood be in Halo 6. Although I don't think they will join the "covenant" at all.
What Covenant?
juhoxxx wrote:
What Covenant?
The Covenant, there's a difference between the Prophet's Covenant and Jul M'dama's Covenant (well he's sorta dead now)
Would be cool. But i think thats not a big deal. Seeing how they designed Halo 4 brutes, im rather sceptical.
You mean Halo Wars 2? Halo 4 didn't have brutes.
It's more likely we'll see the Banished as a whole.
Yeah got that mixed. I meant Halo Reach brutes.
Yeah got that mixed. I meant Halo Reach brutes.
Gotcha, I don't even understand their purpose on Reach.
It's more likely we'll see the Banished as a whole.
True
Obviously it would be cool, but for what purpose? Are we going to their home world? Are we going to the Ark where the Banished are? Are they fighting on Cortana's side? You can't just throw them in without a purpose.
As long as they ain't nothing like Reach's brutes
LbonB312 wrote:
Obviously it would be cool, but for what purpose? Are we going to their home world? Are we going to the Ark where the Banished are? Are they fighting on Cortana's side? You can't just throw them in without a purpose.
I know but i was just throwing that theory out there
LbonB312 wrote:
How would u like them to be in Halo six? Ideas?
LbonB312 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
More like Halo 2 brutes than Halo 3/Reach brutes
It would really be interesting to see what has become of them since the comics.
LbonB312 wrote:
LbonB312 wrote:
More like Halo 2 brutes than Halo 3/Reach brutes
Sure if they give them armor similar to halo 3.
We know Installation 04c (Or Installation 09 as it is apparently called canonically) will probably be linked into both Halo 6 and Halo Wars 2. It’s possible that this could bring Cortana and her Created to the Ark and involve the Banished in the mainline games.

343 were really creative with their names weren’t they. ‘Why are the called the Banished?’ ‘Well, they were banished’ ‘Oh, what about the created’ ‘...’
@TimeKeeper CK and who ever else wants to read:

I hope they involve the Banished in the main line games. They already disposed of the Covenant and Jul M'dama's "Covenant." Fighting the prometheans would get old really quick. Most of the Halo games have had at least two enemy factions. Once of them has always involved the species of the original Covenant. They are, in most people's opinion, the strongest/primary enemy type and could carry a game as the only enemy if necessary. They killed of the prophet's Covenant in Halo 3, but realized the gap it would leave in Halo 4, so they included Jul M'dama's "Covenant." I believe the Banished were better executed than Jul M'dama's "Covenant" and are adequately described as their own destinct faction in game (Jul M'dama had a good description in the books, but I wish his group had a more disctinct name and that he was more characterized in game). I feel like the Banished show promise, but I wish there was an explaination as to their Orc-like appearance (really, I mean not Halo 2 like). It is okay that they are different, I just want a reaasonable, well, reason as to why. I fully expect them to be in a Halo FPS, and I am excited to fight them (I think they will fight smarter than the dumb, Covenant Brutes, but with the same ferocity). As to the Banished's name, it is common to use simple names or symbols in story telling. It is more pleasing to the mind (if only subconsciously) and adds characterization. I see your point about the 1:1 ratio, but it is what it is. Personally, I'm fine with the Banished's name. I find it ironic, because they chose to defy and leave the Covenant and allegedly rose to become more powerful than them. I see it as mocking.

P.S. - I went off topic a little, but I hope you find this post to be a meaningful responce to your post.
I would prefer to ser the Brutes, or the Banished, as allies to some degree in Halo 6. Between the created and the flood, we have more than enought to give us a variety of enemies.

I think it is long overdue we give the Brutes some love.