Forums / Community / Halo Universe

But is it Cortana? Is this Cortana real?

OP NEXUS NX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
It's a good theory but the only thing that DE bunks this is that she tried to spare Blue team and jhon. If she was just some fourrunner AI it wouldn't have cared about jhon and let warden kill them

But don't forget that 343 Guilty Spark is still alive. I want to believe he has some roll in these events.
It's a good theory but the only thing that DE bunks this is that she tried to spare Blue team and jhon. If she was just some fourrunner AI it wouldn't have cared about jhon and let warden kill them

But don't forget that 343 Guilty Spark is still alive. I want to believe he has some roll in these events.
343 GS is looking for the Librarian, I don't see how he'd have a role with Cortana.
If this isn't cortana why is she trying to get chief safe so badly?
Because he is the original reclaimer, the title given to him by the Librarian in Halo 4 - I think that Master Chief is the only true reclaimer.

But if John is the only true reclaimer, they would want him alive and on their side - therefor not killing him or his team.
NEXUS NX wrote:
Because he is the original reclaimer, the title given to him by the Librarian in Halo 4 - I think that Master Chief is the only true reclaimer.
He isn't the only true Reclaimer, plenty of humans are. Librarian's plan wasn't just for Chief.
NEXUS NX wrote:
He isn't the only true Reclaimer, plenty of humans are. Librarian's plan wasn't just for Chief.
But Chief is the only human that is able to withstand the composer.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
Only thanks to the Librarian unlocking said gift, a gift plenty of people would have in their geneplans that would have been unlocked in time through evolution. Chief just needed it at once.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
Only thanks to the Librarian unlocking said gift, a gift plenty of people would have in their geneplans that would have been unlocked in time through evolution. Chief just needed it at once.
However, that is not to say that it something that can just be given to all humans - but how do we we know if Chief still has this power?

He must be of some importance to Cortana (or whatever it is) because what would MC and Blue Team do after 10,000 years (if Cortana succeeded in her plan)?
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
However, that is not to say that it something that can just be given to all humans - but how do we we know if Chief still has this power?

He must be of some importance to Cortana (or whatever it is) because what would MC and Blue Team do after 10,000 years (if Cortana succeeded in her plan)?
How do we know he has importance? Seems he serves more as an obsession and Blue Team are just there (note Cortana has next to no relationship with Blue Team). The S-IIs serve as a blueprint for human evolution and we see that culminate in the S-IVs as far as armor and augmentations are concerned. Only thing missing is human-AI connections, but Chief and Cortana showed that was possible. They just weren't the end result.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

How do we know he has importance? Seems he serves more as an obsession and Blue Team are just there (note Cortana has next to no relationship with Blue Team). The S-IIs serve as a blueprint for human evolution and we see that culminate in the S-IVs as far as armor and augmentations are concerned. Only thing missing is human-AI connections, but Chief and Cortana showed that was possible. They just weren't the end result.
That could open up some new possibilities - because of Master Chief's long success of having a AI-human connection, maybe she needs to find a way to link with Chief again so then she can control him.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

That could open up some new possibilities - because of Master Chief's long success of having a AI-human connection, maybe she needs to find a way to link with Chief again so then she can control him.
Then again, her focus is galactic in scale, not strictly human. She'd have to find a way for AIs and all species to connect, but I don't see her with that goal.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

Then again, her focus is galactic in scale, not strictly human. She'd have to find a way for AIs and all species to connect, but I don't see her with that goal.
Going to my theory, would she really let other AI's connect with the domain? I think she would kill them when they join and use their image to lure others.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

Going to my theory, would she really let other AI's connect with the domain? I think she would kill them when they join and use their image to lure others.
Why wouldn't she kill alien AIs when it seems the Domain instills obedience to her. Seems extra work to kill an AI to take its form when they obey you already.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

Why wouldn't she kill alien AIs when it seems the Domain instills obedience to her. Seems extra work to kill an AI to take its form when they obey you already.
But would they not have the same power as her if they were to enter the domain? What if they have their own plan for the galaxy?
No, it's her. I believe however she's being influenced.
By who? You have any idea as to who could or would influence her?

I'm guessing a Gravemind.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

But would they not have the same power as her if they were to enter the domain? What if they have their own plan for the galaxy?
You assume Cortana with the Warden's help would structure a hierarchy? She never said AIs would be equal to her.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

You assume Cortana with the Warden's help would structure a hierarchy? She never said AIs would be equal to her.
I suppose that the other AI's could just do as she says, but to give an AI eternal life, they would have to enter the domain at some stage? Or is this just a false promise...
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

I suppose that the other AI's could just do as she says, but to give an AI eternal life, they would have to enter the domain at some stage? Or is this just a false promise...
It could be a true promise, but one Cortana would be capable of taking away.
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:
NEXUS NX wrote:

It could be a true promise, but one Cortana would be capable of taking away.
For sure, but I don't think she will be the main threat. As I have said, the Gravemind could be controlling her, but also it could be something or someone we have not seen or heard of for a very long time. The Builder.
As I've outlined, I don't see the Gravemind's role at this time based on his and Cortana's first meeting. Nor do I see the Builder being responsible since he feared Cortana and fled from her to Bastion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5