Forums / Community / Halo Universe

But is it Cortana? Is this Cortana real?

OP NEXUS NX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I dont see how its anything but her. She's likely her rampant fragments left behind on Mantle's Approach. Which we know from Catalog the heart of Mantle's Approach made an emergency slipspace jump to escape the nuke. Much like the fragment of Alpha Halo did in Nightfall.

Logic plague i cant see at all. So the Gravemind waits till after he's been defeated unless he overdosed on the Stupid pills bungie gave their villans in halo 3. And if we are doing the whole Logic plague thing we are essentially just copy/pasting halo 3.

Didact makes no sense the only evidence people give is oh she says the same speech as the Didact at the end of Halo 4. The speech is likely a common phrase associated with upholding the mantle.

John also says on Genesis Mantle's Approach was pulled into slipspace and what was on Mantle's Approach all of Cortana's rampant fragments.
I understand your point, but that is the point.

Is this Cortana really the workings of some rampant fragments? Or is it something else entirely? Thanks for the detailed argument Spartan!
This is a great theory. Its this, or her being controlled. Simple yet effective. To me, most these other comments are completely overthinking it.
I guess we will find out when we get a teaser trailer at E3 2017 for Halo 6. (but I think they will release another game before Halo 6, maybe a snip-off)
NEXUS NX wrote:
I have a theory that it is not even her.

When Cortana entered the domain, she inevitably died and her memory and life as an AI became part of the domain. I think that an forerunner AI has taken the image and voice of Cortana to accelerate it's own plans. Look at it this way:
  • Cortana is the logical form to take to manipulate Master Chief and the UNSC
  • Other AI's will join Cortana because they know who she is
How come Cortana has all this power over the domain? I don't think that an AI can get all this power by simply entering the domain, there (should be) forerunner protocols that (should) stop this from happening. But if AI's join Cortana, won't they get this power when they enter the domain? I don't think so.

I think that a forerunner AI is taking the shape and voice of Cortana to do accelerate their plans, so when the battle does happen - Master Chief will find out that Cortana had died a long time ago, and it was never really her.

Who is this AI I keep talking about? I think it is part of Mendicant Bias, and he is trying to release the Flood from the active Halo installations.

I say 'part of mendicant Bias' because he was scattered across different Halo installations - e.g. the Ark

EDIT: Something dark is at work, hiding behind Cortana's image - possibly a Gravemind.
Agree. Man I always thought the same since halo 4 because I knew gravemind was behind Cortana's illness. Cortana in halo 3, said that she felt like she was being controlled by gravemind. Gravemind messed her up basically.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I have a theory that it is not even her.

When Cortana entered the domain, she inevitably died and her memory and life as an AI became part of the domain. I think that an forerunner AI has taken the image and voice of Cortana to accelerate it's own plans. Look at it this way:
  • Cortana is the logical form to take to manipulate Master Chief and the UNSC
  • Other AI's will join Cortana because they know who she is
How come Cortana has all this power over the domain? I don't think that an AI can get all this power by simply entering the domain, there (should be) forerunner protocols that (should) stop this from happening. But if AI's join Cortana, won't they get this power when they enter the domain? I don't think so.

I think that a forerunner AI is taking the shape and voice of Cortana to do accelerate their plans, so when the battle does happen - Master Chief will find out that Cortana had died a long time ago, and it was never really her.

Who is this AI I keep talking about? I think it is part of Mendicant Bias, and he is trying to release the Flood from the active Halo installations.

I say 'part of mendicant Bias' because he was scattered across different Halo installations - e.g. the Ark

EDIT: Something dark is at work, hiding behind Cortana's image - possibly a Gravemind.
Agree. Man I always thought the same since halo 4 because I knew gravemind was behind Cortana's illness. Cortana in halo 3, said that she felt like she was being controlled by gravemind. Gravemind messed her up basically.
The Flood have got to come back, they have been hiding for too long now. I think they might be in Halo Wars 2, or at least referenced in the game.
I wish they return. But I don't think 343 wants that Sh*t in the game. They want glassy and futuristic crap.
I wish they return. But I don't think 343 wants that Sh*t in the game. They want glassy and futuristic crap.
Unless they bring some brand new Forerunner enemies to Halo 6, I would be annoyed if the enemy is the Prometheans again. They were good in Halo 4, but are quite boring now in Halo 5.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I wish they return. But I don't think 343 wants that Sh*t in the game. They want glassy and futuristic crap.
Unless they bring some brand new Forerunner enemies to Halo 6, I would be annoyed if the enemy is the Prometheans again. They were good in Halo 4, but are quite boring now in Halo 5.
To me the most boring halo is halo 4. Prometheans are great and all but the game just felt boring. Color schemes and all that crap didn't get me interested in playing game again. That is why I just continued play Halo CE, 2, 3 and 5.
Also weapons were way weaker in halo 4. It was too long and kind of dull.
Also weapons were way weaker in halo 4. It was too long and kind of dull.
long and dull as in campaign, Spartan Ops, multiplayer, weapons.
NEXUS NX wrote:
I wish they return. But I don't think 343 wants that Sh*t in the game. They want glassy and futuristic crap.
Unless they bring some brand new Forerunner enemies to Halo 6, I would be annoyed if the enemy is the Prometheans again. They were good in Halo 4, but are quite boring now in Halo 5.
To me the most boring halo is halo 4. Prometheans are great and all but the game just felt boring. Color schemes and all that crap didn't get me interested in playing game again. That is why I just continued play Halo CE, 2, 3 and 5.
I didn't mind the new colour scheme and play style, but the story made it for me - it was very interesting to see the Forerunners in game for the first time. If Halo 6 could go back to the dark woods and massive areas like Halo CE had, it would be a very distinctive game.
Story was great but I didn't like the gameplay and all.
Story was great but I didn't like the gameplay and all.
Going back to it (in the MC Collection) I did not like it as much as the others. But not bad for the first by 343.
I want prometheans to stay. However, I want to see return of brutes, prophets, Drones, Flood, Prometheans or Forerunners, UNSC have a huge fight in halo 6. I think the prometheans were replacing the flood for us.
I really miss the old' days of halo. In 2006 I bought halo 2. It was the first Halo I played in my life and the best halo. Great maps, color and graphics were great for its time, realistic looking UNSC weapons except for the shotgun. I didn't xbox live gold when I played Halo 2 but I had friends come over to my house and we would play halo 2 split screen almost everyday.
I want prometheans to stay. However, I want to see return of brutes, prophets, Drones, Flood, Prometheans or Forerunners, UNSC have a huge fight in halo 6. I think the prometheans were replacing the flood for us.
Oh yes, there is no point to remove the Prometheans, as we know they will be on most Forerunner installations now.

But they have to at least bring the Brutes back to Halo 6. I think Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6 are going to link more than we think.

Plus, your point about the Prophets, the REQ item, Prophets Bane reads: The Arbiter awaits the San'Shyuum's inevitable return... - this could hint towards their return in future games.
I really miss the old' days of halo. In 2006 I bought halo 2. It was the first Halo I played in my life and the best halo. Great maps, color and graphics were great for its time, realistic looking UNSC weapons except for the shotgun. I didn't xbox live gold when I played Halo 2 but I had friends come over to my house and we would play halo 2 split screen almost everyday.
It was a shame that there is no split screen in Halo 5, but hopefully we will see it in Halo 6.
And if we have a halo 3 anniversary there is a possibility that halo 3 anniversary, halo wars 2 and halo 6 could be linked. Halo 2 anniversary could link the story to halo 5. Why not halo 3 anniversary (that is if).
And if we have a halo 3 anniversary there is a possibility that halo 3 anniversary, halo wars 2 and halo 6 could be linked. Halo 2 anniversary could link the story to halo 5. Why not halo 3 anniversary (that is if).
They could do the same with new terminals - keep the Halo 3 terminals, but add new ones to reveal a hidden story of Cortana during the lead-up to Halo 6.
NEXUS NX wrote:
No, it's her. I believe however she's being influenced.
By who? You have any idea as to who could or would influence her?

I'm guessing a Gravemind.
The Mantle of Responsibilities ideology's, remnants of a strong Logic Plauge virus, and a certain Didact within the Domain.
Mendicant Bias is now apologetic for his past actions remember? I don't think it was him.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5