Forums / Community / Halo Universe

But is it Cortana? Is this Cortana real?

OP NEXUS NX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
She might be real, but infected by the flood and Gravemind, go watch HiddenXperia's video on youtube he does a great job on the theory.
Link to video
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wasn't there a second Cortana that Halsey created? Plus, how did Halsey know so much about the guardians and cortana's plans in halo 5's campaign?
emjohnson wrote:
Wasn't there a second Cortana that Halsey created? Plus, how did Halsey know so much about the guardians and cortana's plans in halo 5's campaign?
No, Halsey didn't make a second Cortana. As for the second question, at some point it became known to her, we just don't know the finer details.
So for some unknown Forerunner ancilla to be masquerading as Cortana, we'd have to accept that the Warden Eternal evidently can't see through a disguise. I'd also be a pretty weak twist since you'd just be introducing yet another new character for no better reason than because you needed a bad guy. Seems like an odd choice when you could've continued with the Didact as opposed to a brand new character just like him pretending to be a dead character because...reasons. It'd also make any tension between Chief and Cortana on opposing ends of a conflict null since it really isn't her. If you have an idea like that, why not commit to it at the very least and do your best with it? I don't like Cortana being alive just to be the villain, but I'd respect 343 a lot more if they have the guts to actually have it be her rather than cop-out in the end.
I agree.
NEXUS NX wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I think you're just looking too deeply into it. I think it's Curtana, because the feelings she had for John were genuine.
Then again, why would she suddenly have all this power and still wants MC alive? Surely she doesn't need all him if she has all this power?
She doesn't need him by her side, she wants him by her side.
I only really cared about her image anyways lawl...
Calling all spartans.
District 113 is looking for more recruits. I'm accepting all requests. The more who join the faster the commendations will be completed as well as the achilles armor.
I hope to see you on the battle field.
This forum ain't for you, either discuss the topic or get the hell out Spartan!
She got cured from Rampancy, while she is in the Domain and saw what it can do, she attained Metastability, she's becoming fully aware like humans.
She got cured from Rampancy, while she is in the Domain and saw what it can do, she attained Metastability, she's becoming fully aware like humans.
I doubt that she is really cured because there was no second opinion. If someone you cared for/loved had a mental problem, was taking medicine for it then six months later anounces that they are cured and stops taking said medicine would you believe them or ask for a second opinion.
I doubt that she is really cured because there was no second opinion. If someone you cared for/loved had a mental problem, was taking medicine for it then six months later anounces that they are cured and stops taking said medicine would you believe them or ask for a second opinion.
But she's an AI and in Halo 4 she mentioned about the rampancy, then in H5 she said she got cured from the rampancy
But she's an AI and in Halo 4 she mentioned about the rampancy, then in H5 she said she got cured from the rampancy
Yeah she told MC there wasn't a cure, then we see her go through it, supposedly die then tell MC 'Hey i'm cured. Sorry i've been incomunicado for the past three to six months but everthing is ok." and she expects MC to go along with it? Yeah right.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5