Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Call of Duty canon part of Halo Canon?

OP p1ay4OURFUN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So, is it possible for these Call of Duty games(in chronological order):

-world at war
-black ops
-modern warfare trilogy
-black ops 2
-advanced warfare

to all be in the same universe and is it even further possible to say that their canon take place in the halo universe/canon as well? personally i believe so since halo takes place in our galaxy and our real world history is part of the halo universe just like how our real world history is part of the call of duty universe. for example, world war 2 is part of halo since the United Nations was created after WW2, and a good fictional story detailing WW2 is Call of Duty world at war. And Atlas in AW could have been the root beginnings of ONI. Anyways, what do you all think?
No, Halo's history is far complex then just the days of the Forerunners and the late 2400-2500s. For example, 2021 is the year the International Society of Civil Engineers is made. Also, no zombies exist in the Halo universe. And we had peace for about four hundred years which is why humanity has about as much technology for weapons and military as today's military does, which means no exoskeletons in the 2050s. You are either very light on Halo and CoD's lore or you are just creating threads to rank boost, I'm going to go with the first one, in which case you are forgiven.
Oh haha i know how complex the entire universe is like. I know the entire story(from 500,000,000 BCE to 2610 AD) and currently im going through the halo canon order list to fully experience the universe in chronological order. But the thing is, its still possible though. would you like me to elaborate my theory?
the international society of civil engineers in respect to the halo universe and call of duty universe together corresponding to my theory could have been created due to the fact that world war 3 had ended in 2016, thus in 2021, the ISCE was created after the rebuilding of all the destruction caused by the third world war to create new social technology and lifestyles, thus leading to the social attributes we see in black ops 2(2025) like the facial advertisements, different car designs, new building designs, and the artificial island resort Colossus, among many other things. Also, they could have contributed to the designing some militaristic technology seen in BO2.
No, Halo's history is far complex then just the days of the Forerunners and the late 2400-2500s. For example, 2021 is the year the International Society of Civil Engineers is made. Also, no zombies exist in the Halo universe. And we had peace for about four hundred years which is why humanity has about as much technology for weapons and military as today's military does, which means no exoskeletons in the 2050s. You are either very light on Halo and CoD's lore or you are just creating threads to rank boost, I'm going to go with the first one, in which case you are forgiven.
You greatly underestimate the military technology the UNSC has. Some of them make modern weapons look primitive.
Call of Duty's fictional universe theoretically exists in Halo as a video game series since the Halo Universe takes place in our universe.
Wars in the Halo Universe:
-?? Means unknown time period of when it occurred or ended
- + means conflict is continuing in real time
-all years based on earth years and time

Forerunner-Precursor War(10,000,000 BCE-?? BCE)
Kradal Conflicts(?? BCE)
Human-Flood War(110,000 BCE-109,090 BCE)
Forerunner-Human War(110,000 BCE-109,000 BCE)
Forerunner-Flood War(100,300 BCE-100,000 BCE)
San 'Shyuum Schism(2200 BCE-2100 BCE)
Sangheili-San 'Shyuum War(938 BCE-852 BCE)
Taming of the Lekgolo(789 BCE-784 BCE)
Second Persian Invasion of Greece(480 BCE-479 BCE)
American Revolutionary War(1775 AD-1783 AD)
World War 1(1914 AD-1918 AD)
World War 2(1939 AD-1945 AD)
Cold War(1947 AD-1991 AD)
Korean War(1950 AD-1953 AD)
Vietnam War(1955 AD-1975 AD)
Second Russian Civil War(2011 AD-2016 AD)
World War 3(2016 AD-2017 AD)
Second Cold War(2018 AD-2025 AD)
Second Korean War(2054 AD)
War Against the Atlas Corporation(2060 AD-?? AD)
First Colonial War(2080's AD-2090 AD)
Second Colonial War(2090's AD-2103 AD)
Jovian Moons Campaign(2160 AD)
RainForest Wars(2162 AD)
Mars Campaign(2163 AD)
Interplanetary War(2164 AD-2170 AD)
Inner Colony Wars(After 2362 AD-before 2429 AD)
Unggoy Rebellion(2462 AD)
First Insurrection(2494 AD-2525 AD)
Human-Covenant War(2525 AD-2553 AD)
Second Insurrection(2553+ AD)
Great Schism(2552 AD-2559 AD)
Sangheili Civil War(2553+ AD)
Post Human-Covenant War Conflicts(2554+ AD)

Here is a list that compiles all the wars in halo if call of duty exists in halo and if the seperate blacks ops, modern warfare, and advanced warfare story arcs all existed in the same universe. Some conflicts listed are names I have given(such as colonial wars) due to the fact that even though those wars occurred, there hasn't been a given name to those conflicts
I haven't played many of the newer cods (I think Black Ops one was my last), but wouldn't advance warfare be hard to fit in? I mean, after 500 years, a lot of that stuff should be fairly easy to mass produce, but it clearly isn't.
No, this just seems like a stretch to say Halo is CoD. That's what this seems to be going for.

And theoretically No, because their fictional universes owned by different companies.

You can make a fan Universe though with the inclusion of them both though, you can put whatever universes together. I would personally like to see Mass Effect, Star Wars, Halo and CoD all in the same thing with 3 different Earth's just to confuse people.
I haven't played many of the newer cods (I think Black Ops one was my last), but wouldn't advance warfare be hard to fit in? I mean, after 500 years, a lot of that stuff should be fairly easy to mass produce, but it clearly isn't.
Advanced warfare wouldn't be that hard to fit in because(again in respect to my theory) there are many connections to the halo universe in terms of technology that are seen in AW. The exoskeleton: a precursor to the later developed Mjolnir armor and the variations we see in Guardians, ODST battle suit, and even Marine BDU. Mute charges: the UNSC active camo unit for Mjolnir armor and SPI armor mutes the players footsteps and gunshots. Also, in BO2 and AW there is active camo, in which the UNSC still produces and is much better(it sucks in the game sometimes because that's gameplay and not realistic). Holographic ammo counters: some weapons have ammo counters in them, but a HUD was developed that links to the wielded weapon showing ammo count, grenades, health, radar, etc. The Titan tank has four treads, being an early precursor to the Scorpion tank. The Warbird could be an early Falcon, and the Dropship in AW looks and operates similar to a Pelican. Now, if AW explains what happened in the 21st century of the Halo universe, where did all that technology go, and why hasn't it been mass produced? Well it didn't go away necessarily, but it didn't get upgraded much if at all. However, the logical solution to this is this; In 2090 humanity concludes a conflict on par with WW2, 30 years after the devastating war against Atlas(also, see any ONI similarities between the two companies, suggesting that Atlas could be ONI's root beginning?). And then in 2103 they conclude yet anther conflict on par with WW2. And over the course of the 22nd century they fight a whole more. Economies are ruined, resources are exhausted, and quite possibly the information regarding the technology was lost, albeit some kept. And over the centuries, the UNSC and UEG passed certain acts to restrict economical use for the military so they can concentrate on using money and advamcements in a technology on spaceships to colonize other worlds. And in 2558, ONI, somehow comes across old information from the 21st century that details the exo suit, and that's why the Mjolnir Armor in halo 5 has the somewhat same abilities as the exo suit. Not saying that Halo is COD, or it's the other way around, I'm just saying that it's entirely possible to say that the events that have transpired in COD's plot with WaW, BO, MW, BO2, and AW explains humanities situation in the 21st century in a fictional setting.
Oh and haha I forgot, the drop pods in AW would be the first use of said technology, promoting the creation of the ODSTS in 2129, after the devastating Colonial wars.
nkTJH wrote:

You greatly underestimate the military technology the UNSC has. Some of them make modern weapons look primitive.
Some, but the AR doesn't have a scope. Something pretty much every gun today has
nkTJH wrote:

Some, but the AR doesn't have a scope. Something pretty much every gun today has
The AR doesn't need a scope due to the fact that the marines, odsts, and Spartans have HUDs with reticules.
I will say that the COD games might exist in the Halo Universe.

Actually if your like me, you may believe in a reality cut off in Halo Canon.
When does our reality cut off? Well that may never be known to us.

Ever since I Love Bees was set in our time in real life. Halo Canon has had link to real life.
CIA391 wrote:

Ever since I Love Bees was set in our time in real life. Halo Canon has had link to real life.
I thought that I Love Bees was disregarded as canon. Anyways, yeah I do believe in a reality cut off. Haha I'm glad you responded to my theory since I'm following your canon guide. So, the reality cut off for halo, with call of duty and excluding I love bees, would be 2011, since that's when COD4 modern warfare begins and a fictional timeline begins. President Obama is president at the time, and in the halo/call of duty universe he didn't get reelected in 2012, evidenced in MW2 which has a new president. However, the USS Obama in BO2 is still named after Obama.
CIA391 wrote:

I thought that I Love Bees was disregarded as canon. Anyways, yeah I do believe in a reality cut off. Haha I'm glad you responded to my theory since I'm following your canon guide. So, the reality cut off for halo, with call of duty and excluding I love bees, would be 2011, since that's when COD4 modern warfare begins and a fictional timeline begins. President Obama is president at the time, and in the halo/call of duty universe he didn't get reelected in 2012, evidenced in MW2 which has a new president. However, the USS Obama in BO2 is still named after Obama.
When I said COD games. I meant physical games. Like Borderlands, even sonic the hedgehog. ^^ The ones people play. COD can still exist. Just maybe not in the way your hoping.

And I Love Bees is canon till stated otherwise. ^^ (hence its inclusion in my canon order)

And thanks for your support regarding my canon order. I am flattered. :D
CIA391 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

When I said COD games. I meant physical games. Like Borderlands, even sonic the hedgehog. ^^ The ones people play. COD can still exist. Just maybe not in the way your hoping.

And I Love Bees is canon till stated otherwise. ^^ (hence its inclusion in my canon order)

And thanks for your support regarding my canon order. I am flattered. :D
Your welcome! It really puts a whole new perspective on the universe for me. I knew all the information, but going through it in chronological order is a whole new experience. Honestly, I will admit, since this is my theory, I'll stick to it and I won't force anyone to believe it and I never intend to do so. It's just an interesting theory that's plausible made by big halo and call of duty lore fan. It makes sense to me , and so, following your guide I also put the seven Call of Duty games I mentioned in the beginning to explain what was humanity doing on earth in the 21st century, and to me, they make sense(hence all the coinciding evidence i have noticed between the two series described earlier), but that's just me haha.
Halo could even exist in the COD universe in the forms of the games (obviously, Halo: Reach would exist at the time of MW1, since it came out in 2011 and that is when the Russian civil war occurs).
DC Ambrose wrote:
Halo could even exist in the COD universe in the forms of the games (obviously, Halo: Reach would exist at the time of MW1, since it came out in 2011 and that is when the Russian civil war occurs).
That's possible as well. And in terms of my halo/call of duty universe, I can say that Star Wars and Star Trek and every other game/movie/books whatever except Halo and Call of Duty are in the Halo/Call of duty universe existing as what they are: entertainment media, while the lore of COD and Halo are the history of the universe, or better yet, the Galaxy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4