Forums / Community / Halo Universe

can i skip kilo 5?

OP xAXIOS

And jump into escalation? Kilo 5 is just sooooooooo boring....the Hadley bashing...boring people...and just I don't know it doesn't have the same magic Greg does with the forerunner saga and all this other books.
Would I enjoy the Halo Universe more if do finish the kilo 5 though? I've read all the books besides kilo 5,currently still on the first one.
I may not appreciate a lot of what Kilo-5 is, but I don't think it is something you can skip. Granted, you could get into Escalation fine without it, but Kilo-5 is something every Halo fan has to experience and draw their own conclusions from.
Quote:
I may not appreciate a lot of what Kilo-5 is, but I don't think it is something you can skip. Granted, you could get into Escalation fine without it, but Kilo-5 is something every Halo fan has to experience and draw their own conclusions from.
This, especially Glasslands and The Thursday War. I didn't care for Mortal Dictata, but I'd still recommend reading it, at least once.
You can't skip novels even if they aren't written well or liked there will still be information to know.
Technically yes, as you can just read some synopses posted online to understand the story.

That being said however, the triology is an important part of the Halo universe and does set the scene for a lot of issues and characters that are sure to be important in the future, so it is worth reading.
If you've played Halo 4, then there shouldn't be too too many problems regarding skipping the Kilo-5 trilogy. I would still recommend reading over the plots, just to get the important parts of the story anyway.

Still, I did quite enjoy the Kilo-5 trilogy, which seems to be an unpopular opinion around here. Sure, there was all the Halsey bashing, which I disliked, but once you look past that, there's an interesting story being told.
Query Answer: Processing request to bypass following information archives:
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: The Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata

Permission denied.
Quote:

Permission denied.
This has to be the best post I've read all day! Really amusing ^^

And hey a 343 Member! Thanks for dropping by and speaking with us mortal and loyal followers :)
Quote:

Permission denied.
Wow! Hi! I wonder if that's vociferous!

I enjoyed the huragok parts a lot! I read those books rather quickly, forerunner books too. I usually get them at midnightish.
What a stupid question to ask now looking back how can I even call my self a hardcore Halo fan as all my friends know me. Who knows I might enjoy it further along into it.

I was not AXIOS there.
Quote:

Permission denied.
The Catalog has spoken!
Yup, you gotta read them now.
We haven't had a good Kilo-5 bashing/Traviss hating thread in like...a week i think! We might be at a record.
I hated Glasslands because of the Halsey hate, but I really like The Thursday War. I'm excited to start Mortal Didacta.

I was powering through the Halo novels until I reached the Forerunner Saga. I've been halfway through Primordium for like a year because I read 20 pages and fall asleep. I think it's really boring. The parts I did like in Cryptum were when Bornstellar was somewhere with other Forerunners. But the primitive human thing is really lackluster.

Spoiler:
Show
Yeah...primordium is like that. I somehow didn't mind it as much during my consecutive read throughs.

You'll get to the good party eventually.
Skip? No.

You can read summaries if you don't feel like reading them, but I'd recommend reading them myself.