OP N1K Leonhart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can Chief swim in Mjolnir armor on?
Can Chief swim in Mjolnir armor on?
Maybe on Halo infinite 343 can add this request
That's a LOT of weight. Unless the later Mk.s are lighter, I don't think he'd be able to swim. Direct himself as he sinks, but not swim. At least without excessive thrusters.
There's a specific variant of Mjolnir for underwater ops. Can't remember the name, but it looks kinda goofy with an old timey diver helmet looking thing. So it's obviously possible depending on the variant, but I don't think Chief's variant has that capability.

EDIT: It's called Oceanic, for anyone that's interested
So this is his biggest weakness then,if ha falls in deep water.I think his new armor in Infinite should have something to prevent him from drowning,since Halo rings have a lot of water.
So this is his biggest weakness then,if ha falls in deep water.I think his new armor in Infinite should have something to prevent him from drowning,since Halo rings have a lot of water.
To answer your question: Can Spartan-IIs, specifically Master Chief swim while wearing Mjolnir?

The answer is no. They cannot swim under their own power. They CAN, however, use special armor variants that allow for powered movement under water (like how divers use motor powered minisubs to move faster or against ocean currents, just built into the armor) and to survive the incredible pressures of the ocean floor.

In the novel Ghosts of Onyx, Blue Team is mentioned having actively fought Covenant dive teams that were attempting to dig up something on the floor on the ocean floor of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. So Spartan can clearly operate underwater in the books and if Halo was 'real'. They simply cannot iun the games because water is used a level barrier, preventing you from accessing parts of the map that you have no business being in, and to keep levels from being impossibly large.

This is and was a common practice in video games, especially games that are not third person open world sandboxes.

It isn't a weakness, it is a gameplay mechanic and serves a useful purpose in the games. It should not be taken as the actual reason why you never see the Chief operate underwater in the games.
He shouldn't drown. His armour lets him play around in space, so he' survive under water no problem. He'd just have to wait until he hit bottom and start walking. Or utilize them thrusters.
No, Master Chief can't swim in Mjolnir ... he walks on the bottom. On the first level in Halo 3 there's a section where you can go into the water, showing this.
I think... Yeah, But I'm not sure about that
MysticKami wrote:
He shouldn't drown. His armour lets him play around in space, so he' survive under water no problem. He'd just have to wait until he hit bottom and start walking. Or utilize them thrusters.
Okay, the physics of space and water are much different. In space there is no weight factor and no extreme pressure. In a body of water, there is gravity, therefore weight, and if you sink to the bottom you have extreme pressure that barely anything can survive. Plus, when has any Spartan survived putting it's head all the way under water? Maybe only once I'm the first level of h3 (I was knocked in the river by a brute shot). But in said first level, there should be a skull in the river because who would have the guts to jump in a body of water in mk.V armor?
MysticKami wrote:
Okay, the physics of space and water are much different. In space there is no weight factor and no extreme pressure. In a body of water, there is gravity, therefore weight, and if you sink to the bottom you have extreme pressure that barely anything can survive. Plus, when has any Spartan survived putting it's head all the way under water? Maybe only once I'm the first level of h3 (I was knocked in the river by a brute shot). But in said first level, there should be a skull in the river because who would have the guts to jump in a body of water in mk.V armor?
On normal difficulty I have the guts to try anything once.
He´ll drown, pretty sure
MysticKami wrote:
MysticKami wrote:
On normal difficulty I have the guts to try anything once.
I can testify that if you jump into the river next to the complex swarming with brutes you will not die. The hard part is getting out.
JNDreher wrote:
No, Master Chief can't swim in Mjolnir ... he walks on the bottom. On the first level in Halo 3 there's a section where you can go into the water, showing this.
Yeah he could walk on the bottom of a river to the other side,but if he falls into deep ocean he would drown.We saw that in Halo 2 when Gravemind saves him from drowning.
JNDreher wrote:
Yeah he could walk on the bottom of a river to the other side,but if he falls into deep ocean he would drown.We saw that in Halo 2 when Gravemind saves him from drowning.
Yep the weight of the armor and the extreme pressure on the air would kill him if here were to get all the way to the bottom. Plus, one time I crouched under water to hide and I died so yeah that's a pretty obvious pointe to no.
I recall walking on the ocean floor in 'The Silent Cartographer" so I'd say no.
Dr Halsey should make a safety button in new armor that will unequip it if necessary,or some underwater thrusters!
JNDreher wrote:
Yep the weight of the armor and the extreme pressure on the air would kill him if here were to get all the way to the bottom. Plus, one time I crouched under water to hide and I died so yeah that's a pretty obvious pointe to no.
Kill-points marking the edges of maps aren't canon, and the Gravemind catching Master Chief while he was sinking does not prove an inability of Master Chief to function on the bottom of an ocean. The limited amount of oxygen his suit can hold is a different matter. His time under water would be similarly limited as the amount of time he can function in the vacuum of space.
I think he should be able to fly above the water, but not be able to swim in it considering the weight of any type of armor
Well, considering the fact that he sinks to the bottom of the lake if you jump in on Sierra 117 in Halo 3, I’d say that he can’t swim. Of course, the animation is just his walking animation, but I don’t think-well, if he can flip a tank over without any trial, I’d say there’s a solid chance he can swim with Mjolinir armor.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2