Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Can master chief swim with armor on?

OP N1K Leonhart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
this is one thing i never understood about halo is that Spartans can survive a nuke like the master chief in halo 4 but cant survive 1 foot of water
Swim alone with the suit?, pretty sure he would sink
this is one thing i never understood about halo is that Spartans can survive a nuke like the master chief in halo 4 but cant survive 1 foot of water
nuclear waste and water are two separate elements and stuff
Not really an issue considering MLJONIR is completely void-sealed and pressure-regulated so...yeah. Sink, just casually walks along the bottom like those skeletons in Pirates of the Caribbean.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Master Chief can go underwater (He can go in a river in Halo 3), shallow water doesn't kill him. Non-canonical Death-barriers mark edges of maps.

Also Mjolnir didn't save him from the nuke. Cortana routed the hard-light bridge through his shield to create a barrier around him that the nuke couldn't penetrate. If she hadn't, he would have been toast.
Not really an issue considering MLJONIR is completely void-sealed and pressure-regulated so...yeah. Sink, just casually walks along the bottom like those skeletons in Pirates of the Caribbean.
that got sense actually but pression of water should kill em, no?
Not with the hydrostatic gel layer keeping it at bay. Crush depth is actually pretty far down, so unless he's going swimming in, like, the ocean, it wouldn't be much of an issue.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I imagine he needs some sort of equipment attached to the suit. That's the only way he'd swim i'd say.
Not with the hydrostatic gel layer keeping it at bay. Crush depth is actually pretty far down, so unless he's going swimming in, like, the ocean, it wouldn't be much of an issue.
good point, pretty good point
I would think yeah, but the weight of the armor could cause him to have some difficulty. So maybe he isn't able to swim very well but I believe his connection and mastery of the armor gives him the ability to swim.
Kronutus wrote:
Well, considering the fact that he sinks to the bottom of the lake if you jump in on Sierra 117 in Halo 3, I’d say that he can’t swim. Of course, the animation is just his walking animation, but I don’t think-well, if he can flip a tank over without any trial, I’d say there’s a solid chance he can swim with Mjolinir armor.
Now that i see a new reply on this i have thought about something.Spartans wear a 1000 pounds of armor but i remember from Fall of Reach it was said that they can basically move in it with no problem.In fact it was said they can move their arms and legs just by thought only ,something like that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2