1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm waiting for the new canon fodder.
erickyboo wrote:
I'm waiting for the new canon fodder.
Glad I'm not the only one!
The Fist of Rukt as a special weapon (like the Prophets' Bane) is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. But I think it's a bit unlikely, though I wouldn't mind being wrong. Also, I find it odd that Waypoint articles often end in "we don't know the current status of this or that". I mean, it's not a wiki, it's 343i themselves. You'd think they would be more daring. But I suppose it's better than "killing off" characters like Catalog used to do.
Imrane 117 wrote:
The Fist of Rukt as a special weapon (like the Prophets' Bane) is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. But I think it's a bit unlikely, though I wouldn't mind being wrong. Also, I find it odd that Waypoint articles often end in "we don't know the current status of this or that". I mean, it's not a wiki, it's 343i themselves. You'd think they would be more daring. But I suppose it's better than "killing off" characters like Catalog used to do.
Keep in mind that the ambiguity is most often quite purposeful and built to serve more of a narrative end. Just because we fully well know the fate of a character or result/outcome of an event doesn't always mean that it's the right time for it to be public. :-)

-Grim (who is always happy when he hears folks are excited for more Canon Fodder! <3)
Imrane 117 wrote:
I take no joy in relaying information that shatters potential [hopes and dreams] or corrects [improper] inference by third parties.

For example, while [exploratores] Dunn, Hong, and Jones of [fireteam] Bailey in fact survived their deployment during the [Ealen IV] [gathering of foes under banner of friends], Spartans Newman and To of [fireteam] Jackknife were [bad tidings] killed by [latro] Scruggs.

The balance of confirmed dead to newly confirmed living [exploratores] in this data drop is -2 to +3, for a net of +1 lives saved.
Yes, I do realize that it's often just a matter of time. (For example when Catalog refused to give Fred's and Linda's real names, but now the Universe section has revealed them).

On an unrelated note, something that I'm really eager to discover is how Installation 05 fell to a Flood outbreak. Penitent Tangent's article is still quite mysterious about this event, and I was disappointed to see that the H2A terminals had nothing to do with this story at all.

Edit: Wow, I hadn't noticed Catalog
Quote:
Imrane 117 wrote:

I take no joy in relaying information that shatters potential [hopes and dreams] or corrects [improper] inference by third parties.

For example, while [exploratores] Dunn, Hong, and Jones of [fireteam] Bailey in fact survived their deployment during the [Ealen IV] [gathering of foes under banner of friends], Spartans Newman and To of [fireteam] Jackknife were [bad tidings] killed by [latro] Scruggs.

The balance of confirmed dead to newly confirmed living [exploratores] in this data drop is -2 to +3, for a net of +1 lives saved.
Wait if Spartan Dunn, Hong, and Jones survived who are in the 7 caskets at the end of Escalation #3? One is unmarked so I assume that's Scruggs'. 6 marked caskets=Dunn, Hong, Jones, DeMarco, Newman, and To? Or are some of those caskets for UNSC personnel onboard the DS-004 that got destroyed early on during the Battle of Ealen IV?
Confirmed and identified dead are Newman, To, Scruggs. Scruggs was not given the [honor] of being presented at funeral. Other four [deceased?] Spartan identities have not been made available for release, and thus accessible to initial [cyberintrusion] of [frumentarii] records.

Inconsistency noted in record [Escalation #3] with sixth coffin missing Spartan [logo-vexillum].
Quote:
Confirmed and identified dead are Newman, To, Scruggs. Scruggs was not given the [honor] of being presented at funeral. Other four [deceased?] Spartan identities have not been made available for release, and thus accessible to initial [cyberintrusion] of [frumentarii] records.

Inconsistency noted in record [Escalation #3] with sixth coffin missing Spartan [logo-vexillum].
Thank you for the fast reply.
Hi, Catalog.

Next time, could you please bring Black Team back to life, thanks.
Okie dokie sorry to bother you again Catalog but could you identify Dunn, Hong, Jones, Newman, and To via MJOLNIR variant? Example To is wearing War Master.
Query answer:
> Fireteam Jackknife Records retrieval . . . [success]
Scruggs wore SOLDIER pattern [combat skin] primary, with FOTUS forearms and Recruit legs. Fitted with Solar visor.
To wore WAR MASTER PRML pattern [combat skin] primary, with Mark VI forearms and legs. Fitted with Recruit visor.
Newman wore RECON pattern [combat skin] primary, with GV-09 Locking forearms and RG-63 Counter PRME legs. Fitted with Frost visor.
Ray wears INFILTRATOR pattern [combat skin] primary, with Contoured SHRD forearms and Contoured legs. Fitted with Recruit visor.

Note that [exploratores] have considerable latitude in adjusting their permutation specifics on a mission-by-mission basis.
Quote:
Query answer:
> Fireteam Jackknife Records retrieval . . . [success]
Scruggs wore SOLDIER pattern [combat skin] primary, with FOTUS forearms and Recruit legs. Fitted with Solar visor.
To wore WAR MASTER PRML pattern [combat skin] primary, with Mark VI forearms and legs. Fitted with Recruit visor.
Newman wore RECON pattern [combat skin] primary, with GV-09 Locking forearms and RG-63 Counter PRME legs. Fitted with Frost visor.
Ray wears INFILTRATOR pattern [combat skin] primary, with Contoured SHRD forearms and Contoured legs. Fitted with Recruit visor.

Note that [exploratores] have considerable latitude in adjusting their permutation specifics on a mission-by-mission basis.
So we don't get to know who is who for Fireteam Bailey? :/ Thank you though.
Catalog, if you'll allow for one more question:

What is the surname of [exploratore] Kelly-087?
Also...hold the phone, so the rest of Fireteam Bailey survived, even though DeMarco told them they had to stay behind? My god....DeMarco got punk'd big time there.
Imrane 117 wrote:

Keep in mind that the ambiguity is most often quite purposeful and built to serve more of a narrative end. Just because we fully well know the fate of a character or result/outcome of an event doesn't always mean that it's the right time for it to be public. :-)

-Grim (who is always happy when he hears folks are excited for more Canon Fodder! <3)
Yes I am! I hope we get it soon!
Did anyone else notice the weight of the Fist of Rukt? Easter egg??? I'd like an origin story regarding the specific weights of the resilient materials, Grim. JK

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/weapons/fist-of-rukt
Quote:
Imrane 117 wrote:
Also, I find it odd that Waypoint articles often end in "we don't know the current status of this or that". I mean, it's not a wiki, it's 343i themselves. You'd think they would be more daring. But I suppose it's better than "killing off" characters like Catalog used to do.

Lol, part-time AI... Part-time Hero! Thanks Catalog!
Welcome to the new and evolved Canon Fodder, your cozy little corner of HaloWaypoint.com perfect for those who long to surround themselves with the ever-expanding Halo narrative. This week we take a look at what to expect from this feature, as well as highlighting a few of our newest Universe entries.

Read more here...

-Grim
Grim. The Composer entry. Would the Knights have been immune to the logic plague? If so, why was a monitor like Chakas, made from composed intelligences, not considered immune? how would the Didact have known this? Especially since he was compromised by exposure to the Primordial.

Also it says that he used it to Harvest the humans on Gamma Halo. Humans were never kept on the smaller rings and the Didact never knew of their location as they were deployed to fire after he was imprisoned by the Librarian. Silentium is stated to be a more accurate account of events. Shouldn't the universe posts reflect that information?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2