Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 1-15-16: Greek Squad

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is this where we ask questions on things?

I'd like to know more about the thruster packs and see how fast a spartan is with them and without them (I know Kelly is the fastest, and still is) but Id like to know how much faster do they get with the Thruster Boost and Speed Boosts

I'd also like to know more about Kinetic Bolts (More in specific like background, makeup and functionality) and More in depth on the Venator-Class MJOLNIR which I have yet to get in H5G :/ that's my favorite Armor
Roll tide? Not nice Grim!
Atlas armor looks badass.
I wonder what the class of AI in the ACHILLES armor is? Like Smart or Dumb?

Also I wonder if Cortana was surprised to be alive after Halo 4. I mean she did sacrifice herself only to turn out to be alive.
CIA391 wrote:
I wonder what the class of AI in the ACHILLES armor is? Like Smart or Dumb?

Also I wonder if Cortana was surprised to be alive after Halo 4. I mean she did sacrifice herself only to turn out to be alive.
Halo Silentium
String 33, Page 275

"I hear our ancillas perform their own mantra, and wonder if perhaps in the Domain there is any distinction between machine and living being."

Cortana probably was surprised when she died and experienced her own "go towards the light" moment, only to find herself in the Domain. I still suspect Mendicant Bias had something to do with this. When he was united with the Primordial, he had searched through and exhausted the Domain. It would be interesting if he had the "keys" to access it again and he passed it on to Cortana. Unfortunately Cortana is like the Ur-Didact in that they were supposed to be heroes, only to fall to Flood corruption.
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:
... though it is only a matter of time before it becomes more widespread as combat losses of other Wraiths mount.
I hope this doesn't mean the Type-26 Wraith won't be in future games. I like that wraith design soooo much more than Halo 5's.
I don't mind the idea of them using the old designs for stuff set during the war with the Covenant, and new designs for things set after.
Why not both for after? I mean if they have the models anyway. It'd be like having both the rocket launcher and SPKR rocket launcher in Halo 5, they work side by side.
Not so much for Canon reasons, more so as a visual storytelling tool. Like, if I see the new designs then I'll instantly know it's post war, and if I see the old designs, I'll instantly know it's during the war. No exposition needed, no date popping up, just visuals.

It also helps give the groups a different feeling, at least in my eyes. The new designs feel more aggressive, befitting of the Sangheili leadership, while the old stuff feels elegant and regal, it carried that almost sacred religious air that suits the Prophets well.
If you need visual cues to know what time period you're in then you're doing something terribly wrong.

Halo 4's Covenant remnant still used the Type-26 and it worked fine.
I don't need it, it's just nice to have. Look at Star Wars, the differences between different versions of ships makes it immediately clear as to what time period a story takes place. It makes the eras feel distinct, like the universe is actually changing.
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:
... though it is only a matter of time before it becomes more widespread as combat losses of other Wraiths mount.
I hope this doesn't mean the Type-26 Wraith won't be in future games. I like that wraith design soooo much more than Halo 5's.
I don't mind the idea of them using the old designs for stuff set during the war with the Covenant, and new designs for things set after.
Why not both for after? I mean if they have the models anyway. It'd be like having both the rocket launcher and SPKR rocket launcher in Halo 5, they work side by side.
Not so much for Canon reasons, more so as a visual storytelling tool. Like, if I see the new designs then I'll instantly know it's post war, and if I see the old designs, I'll instantly know it's during the war. No exposition needed, no date popping up, just visuals.

It also helps give the groups a different feeling, at least in my eyes. The new designs feel more aggressive, befitting of the Sangheili leadership, while the old stuff feels elegant and regal, it carried that almost sacred religious air that suits the Prophets well.
If you need visual cues to know what time period you're in then you're doing something terribly wrong.

I don't need it, it's just nice to have. Look at Star Wars, the differences between different versions of ships makes it immediately clear as to what time period a story takes place. It makes the eras feel distinct, like the universe is actually changing.
Which would be nice if the replacements were at least as good looking as what they are replacing. But thats not the case with the new covie designs. Not to mention the new wraith actually lost features in Halo 5.
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:

Which would be nice if the replacements were at least as good looking as what they are replacing. But thats not the case with the new covie designs. Not to mention the new wraith actually lost features in Halo 5.
That first sentence is a matter of opinion. I personally prefer the newer design, it feels more alien than the classic Wraith.
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:

That first sentence is a matter of opinion. I personally prefer the newer design, it feels more alien than the classic Wraith.
Leave the more alien designs to the forerunners. The Covenant had a distinctive design that fit them well.
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:

Leave the more alien designs to the forerunners. The Covenant had a distinctive design that fit them well.
And that design has to be changed in order to reflect the changes within the Covenant. They're a fraction of their former selves, their equipment is getting worse.
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Quote:

And that design has to be changed in order to reflect the changes within the Covenant. They're a fraction of their former selves, their equipment is getting worse.
Thats a story reason to explain the changes, the changes weren't made for the story.
I want atlas armor and also the halo 2 Br 55
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2