Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 1-22-15: Bam, said the lady

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, fiction fans fly feet first into a brand new addition to the Halo story and get a first look from the author himself. Plus, five new weapon entries have been added to the Universe section for your viewing pleasure!

Read more here...

-Grim
Finally, the post-war ODST novel I wanted!
It's about -Yoinking!- time. Thanks Grim/343.
I wonder if Quick to Adjust is an honorary member of the Squad?
Will we learn the Rookies name(if it isnt James)?
Do Buck and Dare get together?
Will the Squad stay together?

Guess we just have to find out in March hopefully xD (these questions are rhetorical and probably wont all be answered in the book)
this makes me so happy
I had always envisioned Buck and Veronica settling down and starting a family after the war. I guess I will finally get to see if my prediction was true.
I am interested to see how ONI will be portrayed in all this and the other digital shorts which should follow up.
Also is that a scoped Silenced SMG I see
Canon Fodder Picture

If so that is awesome.
I brainstormed ideas for a post-war story about Buck and Company yesterday. What are the odds of New Blood being announced not quite 24 hours later? I'm utterly ecstatic! The new weapon entries provide some nice insight as well. Thanks Grim.
Really glad you all are so excited about this. Can't wait for you to get your eyes on it this March!

-Grim
Yay! More fuel for the Halo addiction! Y'all picked an excellent story/character to cover as well. I can't tell you how many times I get asked "Did Buck become a Spartan IV?" Can't wait for the answer.
Really glad you all are so excited about this. Can't wait for you to get your eyes on it this March!

-Grim
I know this is far too early but it is possible for more shorts if this is well received?
Because this has vast potential. All the Spartans could easily be cleared up with respective shorts and the same for main characters of novels/games.

I'd rave for a Jiralhanae/Lekgolo short.
Thank you 343/grim for this new book about the halo universe after the war with the covenant ended and with gunnery sergeant buck in the main role.
thank you thank you so much
So... The description implies Buck will join the Spartan-IVs. Buck in Halo 5 Guardians confirmed...? You know, as a member of Locke's mysterious ONI Spartan squad from H2A?
So... The description implies Buck will join the Spartan-IVs. Buck in Halo 5 Guardians confirmed...? You know, as a member of Locke's mysterious ONI Spartan squad from H2A?
Yeah, pretty obvious now.
Excellent. Most excellent.

I'd rave for a Jiralhanae/Lekgolo short.
I second this.
Hell yeah! 343i, you get brownie points back from me for making this happen! Seriously, *this* is what Halo: Initiation should have been. So excited to read it!
I hope the words "short novel" are deceiving. This deserves to be its own thing!
Finally, the post-war ODST novel I wanted!
Oh if only this was the post-war trilogy instead of Kilo-5. And imagine Buck being commander of the Spartan-IV's...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3