Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 1-22-16: Armory Amore

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In today's Fodder feast we check out upcoming map, armor, and weapon lore, plus new fleet beats and more!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Reserved.
edit: Oh my this cannon fodder was very very great!
where to begin? I really like the behind the scenes stuff and information that we got from that is very juicy. This is one of the best canon fodder. That corporate detail was amazing

i really liked the detail of weapons l. The content this cannon fodder had was great. That Orion carrier seems like it could go well for halo wars type game. And the RCS is beautiful! The detail with the carbines is great! And the armour a too! I really.

And be the articles on turrets, just great! I hope to see more with this insight in the future, it was amazing!
Man, even with that in-depth explanation the ACHILLES AI still sounds weird to me and doesn't make sense. It does make me wonder why AI-human bonds with the S-IVs never became commonplace. Chief and Cortana's record had to have been known by the folks in ONI and the UNSC, and Naomi and BB had an outing together.
This has got to be the meatiest cannon fodder in recent memory, and boy was it a lot to take in. I am going to have to read it multiple times in order to fully understand everything it contains, but I loved it. Seeing a new UNSC star ship is always a wonder to behold, and its nice to see the RCS get some detailed love haha. The maps look and sound great, and I cannot wait to play in them. As for the extra stuff such as the Achilles and the exploration of 26th century technology, as a history and realism buff, that was one great read, and it kind of compliments some aspects I have brought up in my theory articles. The part of the plasma developing process still being new to humanity supports the idea that even though they have limited understanding on how to efficiently harness plasma and use it as a weapon, it means they have a firm grasp on directed energy in general to use as a basis for understanding plasma weaponry, which kinda supports my theory that later in the 21st and into the 22nd centuries we used laser technology as directed energy weaponry, but scrapped it due to political and social issues. Have not read the universe articles yet, but I look forward to it! Thanks Grim!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN

Edit: Sorry erickyboo, I did not see your reservation there. Forgive me.
I hope this doesn't mean we won't get an actual Mark V helmet.

Lets be honest here...that Mark V Alpha helmet is horribly messed up.
Great Cannon Fodder, Grim! So much content!

Also, Grim looking chill on the stream.
Somebody fetch me my skullfort...before.....before...oh bearer mine there is so much more for us to burn...... (always turning to the dark, now, now, and now how many times I do not know).
"but it is possible there are vehicle-mounted configurations."

Ok, so this means we'll be seeing a Splinter Hog in the future right?
Excellent! I'd love to be a part of those brainstorming sessions.

Maybe one day.
L3ntPuma wrote:

You're too kind! lol
Oh there is a lot of universe entries in this one. Yum
The description to the Riptide map. That's practically foreshadowing for the story ahead after Halo 5...If I don't see a galactic war against the Created/Promethean forces, I will be sorely disappointed! :(
Love the "What's in a name" section. Nice to see a breakdown of what exactly goes into these kinds of decisions, hopefully more will realise it's not as simple as just throwing darts at Fran...er a dartboard ;) Awesome stream today too, was trying not to laugh too loud at all the crazy noises coming from the rest of the team haha
The information on the Created's activities is certainly interesting. It has the potential to be a great new step for the series, and open up a new chapter in which many different stories can be told. I've been a little worried that Promethean enemies would be restricted to such a small part of the overall series, but this gives me hope that it will be something that can be expanded on in many different forms.
L3ntPuma wrote:

You're too kind! lol
Oh, a question I had: There was a bit of ambiguity on what was canon in this issue. Were all the topics regarding the inspirations for the armor descriptions canon?
This stood out to me.
"Using Forerunner knowledge reclaimed by humans a Renaissance has begun among Sangheili artisans eager to explore new (to them) avenues of knowledge, demolishing opaque rules and taboos that shackled their craft under the Covenant. Even as the Created move to control both species and safely circumscribe their destructive tendencies it seems inevitable that the combination of iconoclastic Sangheili artisans and insatiably curious human engineers will lead to wonders and terrors yet undreamed of."

It's going to be interesting to see new weaponry going forward. I wonder what a Sangheili/Human made weapon would look like.
That splinter turret atricle. Splinter hogs confirmed?!!??!!

Anyway where did the images of the Spartan with Raijin hemet using a mounted splinter turret come from? The skybox looks a lot like Escape from A.R.C. but i don't recall being able to call in mounted Splinter turrets.
"M343 Chaingun"

Well played, guys. Well played.
Loved to read about the MJOLNIR technology going forward... and that piece on the Blood of Suban.

Are those Deep Links ever going to be put in a section of their own?
JJAB91 wrote:
I hope this doesn't mean we won't get an actual Mark V helmet.

Lets be honest here...that Mark V Alpha helmet is horribly messed up.
The Mark IV helmet is basically the same as the actual Mark V.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2