Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 1-30-15: Continuum of Datapools...

OP Warlord of Syn

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Greetings ladies and other spartans, on behalf of GrimBrother One, I have created this thread for the purpose of canon fodder 1-30-15 and linked the new entries, so long and enjoy!

New Universe entries this week!

Plasma Pistol

Railgun

Rocket Launcher

Shotgun

Side Note: GrimBrother One we appreciate the constant flow of information.

Update #1
Quote:
GrimBrother One wrote:

This week in Canon Fodder we go out on a date, plus, four new weapon entries in the Universe section!

Read more here...

-Grim

(felt bad about undermining the OP's zeal and diligence in creating a new thread before this week's edition had even released, so I thought we'd make an exception this week and bring folks all to the same place <3)
This slipped in fairly quietly. Like the additions. It seems weapons are the focus for now, looking forward to more.
MPMixx wrote:
This slipped in fairly quietly. Like the additions. It seems weapons are the focus for now, looking forward to more.
I believe the only 'on-going section' would be characters, events and locations... while vehicles, tech, factions, species and weapons can reach at metaphorical end point, to which, the only new additions is what is ultimately new to the franchise...
MPMixx wrote:

I believe the only 'on-going section' would be characters, events and locations... while vehicles, tech, factions, species and weapons can reach at metaphorical end point, to which, the only new additions is what is ultimately new to the franchise...
Well new types of the existing vehicles/weapons would be a nice edition. I mean sizes and descriptions for them all would be different xD

One thing that would of been a nice touch would be to say what game the said thing appears in. And what version of it does.
CIA391 wrote:
MPMixx wrote:

Well new types of the existing vehicles/weapons would be a nice edition. I mean sizes and descriptions for them all would be different xD

One thing that would of been a nice touch would be to say what game the said thing appears in. And what version of it does.
Don't forget some variants are books-only... Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.
I particularly like the Plasma Pistol article, it gives an interesting explanation for the variants of Covenant weapons that we see in each game.
Imrane 117 wrote:
I particularly like the Plasma Pistol article, it gives an interesting explanation for the variants of Covenant weapons that we see in each game.
I never knew it was that big... 14 inchs!? Thats almost the size of a sub machine gun Uzi? Now I know why Evan Phillips need two hands to wield the damn thing...
There should be a separate section for ships! And where is the like article for canon fodder?
This week in Canon Fodder we go out on a date, plus, four new weapon entries in the Universe section!

Read more here...

-Grim

(felt bad about undermining the OP's zeal and diligence in creating a new thread before this week's edition had even released, so I thought we'd make an exception this week and bring folks all to the same place <3)

Read more here...

-Grim

Apologies about undermining your community feature Grim, thought posts are released every Friday week, so I didn't know if you may have missed this week?
Oh and four new entries... guess the MA5 Assault Rifle, was already existant.

Read more here...

-Grim

Apologies about undermining your community feature Grim, thought posts are released every Friday week, so I didn't know if you may have missed this week?
Lol, not a problem at all :-)

I'm excited you guys are excited!

-Grim
Nice to hear about Adjutant Reflex again. May that AI rest in peace. :(

Read more here...

-Grim

-Grim
The amount of teases in that article was uncalled for :P
I wonder what dates could be important to Halo 5? Maybe related to Iso Didact?
And can you Brother Grim or Catalog confirm that the bird in the Halo 5: Guardians trailer is a War Sphinx or Seeker?
Ahhh, date. Yay the canon fodder is here. I've been waiting for it! Keep it up! Nice teases.
We should have a poll on which characters/weapons/locations/events we wanna hear about in the next Canon Fodder.
We should have a poll on which characters/weapons/locations/events we wanna hear about in the next Canon Fodder.

That is what I said, a voting system, to get the community engaged more...

The poll would have a certain theme and consist of four to five possible entries which open the friday of each week; each entry would have a possible one of three results... which is voted by the public community. This way 343 Industries could pre-create the additions and add them when they wish, while the community votes for the most wanted ones.

For Example

Canon Fodder 2-06-15: A New Journey

Theme: Characters - Covenant Empire - Sangheili

1. Thel 'Vadam - Arbiter
  2. Jul 'Mdama - Supreme Commander
  3. Sali 'Nyon - Zealot
Theme: Character - United Nations Space Command - Spartan-II
  1. John-117 - Master Chief Petty Officer
  2. Kelly-087 - Petty Officer, Second Class
  3. Samuel-034 - Petty Officer, Second Class
Theme: Location - Forerunner Ecumene
  1. Maethrillian - The Capital
  2. Installation 00 - The Greater Ark
  3. Installation 12 - Omega Halo
Theme: Vehicle - United Nations Space Command
  1. M510 Mammoth
  2. M313 Elephant
  3. YSS-1000 Sabre
Theme: Weapon - Covenant Empire - Munitions
  1. Type-33 Fuel Rod Gun
  2. Type-52 Plasma Launcher
  3. Type-50 Concussion Rifle
Community Voted Entries:
  • Sali 'Nyon - Zealot
  • Kelly-087 - Petty Officer, Second Class
  • Maethrillian - The Capital
  • M510 Mammoth
  • Type-52 Plasma Launcher

Read more here...

-Grim

-Grim
You have No clue how excited i was when i saw AdjutantReflexi was like those memories. I was like yes IRIS 2.0?
I know what I'd like to see entries on in the Universe section- The shipwreck on I04, the Path Kenona galaxy, and further details on Forerunner ship types.

GrimBrother One, it's cool that you kept OP's thread going and made it official- That's the kind of community interaction we love!

Hey, Catalog, if you're around, please conduct [investigative queries] into the [bureaucratic] reasons behind [entertainment media] Spartan Strike's [continued delayed distribution] by 343 Industries and lack of communication on the subject... If possible, obtain confirmation of release date.
Many thanks!
I know what I'd like to see entries on in the Universe section- The shipwreck on I04, the Path Kenona galaxy, and further details on Forerunner ship types.

GrimBrother One, it's cool that you kept OP's thread going and made it official- That's the kind of community interaction we love!

Hey, Catalog, if you're around, please conduct [investigative queries] into the [bureaucratic] reasons behind [entertainment media] Spartan Strike's [continued delayed distribution] by 343 Industries and lack of communication on the subject... If possible, obtain confirmation of release date.
Many thanks!
🙌😁 Its Official... 🎮🏆 Achievement Unlocked! Life = Complete.
We were originally promised we would be able to vote for what weapons we wanted to hear about next on the Halo Bulletin.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2