Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 1-8-16: Annual Achievements

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, we look at an extended backstory, answer a few questions, and cover collected comics.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Extras in the Escalations collection. ;-; le gasp. I might need to get that to ensure I dont miss out on any lore. :O
It is nice to see a post from 343. It has been awhile. That was a nice read.
On a side note, do you know an estimate on a January update for H5?
Yay! The canon fodder is back!

Interesting link to the heretics with Kola! It also further shows how exemplary Thel is, going to talk to Kola himself. Nice.

Nice to know it's an SDV.

Guardian and Warden articles!
So guardian had no weapons but it's shock waves, network attenuators and its imposing size? Hehe at how this article can put an end to why forerunners didn't use guardians against flood thread.

And Warden! Interesting too. He's 5.1m tall then! Weighs too! What's interesting is how he fights in that form as a show of power or personal amusement. Personal amusement. Quite interesting.
CIA391 wrote:
Extras in the Escalations collection. ;-; le gasp. I might need to get that to ensure I dont miss out on any lore. :O
Will the extras be a good story? Escalation could use that.
More canon fodder! Thanks Grim! Loved the universe entries, especially the Warden Eternal one. Can't wait to learn more about him in the future, and the Escalation extras.....man I'll have to get on those when they release.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN

PS: Congratulations on the successful move in! Hope it works out better for the studio!
So there is going to be a collection for Halo: Escalation with issues #1-#12 in May, yet that exists alongside three already released volumes for Escalation with a fourth coming out two days before this new collection comes out. That seems a bit overkill.
Deep Link about the unnamed Field Marshal fought in Halo: Reach, that decimates NOBLE Team.
Fantastic read as always, Grim.
Yee more information!
So I think the variants of the standard sangheili combat harness are like this: H2A campaign armor is the standard classic armor, H2A multiplayer armor is a "heavy version?" , H3 armor is "stealth or ceremonial?" , and the HW armor is "old and outdated?". Thats how my head canon interprets it. Also it's good to know that the only actual Minor armor is the halo reach armor. Thanks Grim!
Interesting. So the Warden is basically just a Guard Dog then? Does this mean that the Warden would have been placed around and answered to the various Haruspices who watched over and studied the Domain? And why was the lone Forerunner on Genesis surprised to see the Warden active again? Does this mean he was shut down at one point, (perhaps because fear of Logic Plague), and something reactivated him on Genesis?
So the Guardians have no offensive weapons. I wonder what the other instruments the Fore used were.

Again with the stuff on Cortana entering the physical realm. I never got what that was about. Surely if she can control systems she can project herself as a hologram; I mean she talks to Chief and that's influencing te physical world. I mean is her new form meant to be OP or is there an implication that theres a door which can be closed? Beyond being able to physically interact with things and possibly restrain Blue Team I didn't get the focus on this point.

Also they should really get around to updating Cortana's page with it being linked to these ones.
Awesome canon fodder Grim.

One issue: Regarding the fact that the Mayhem has been confirmed as an SDV Corvette, the universe article relating to the latter is now inaccurate. In Hunters in the Dark, the Mayhem had both shields and Plasma Tropedoes, something that is lacking in the universe article. Halo: Reach also comes to mind in regards to the Corvette as well, such as the lack of Shields on the Ardent Prayer. Then again, that ship was on a refuelling track towards the CSO.

Regarding the Guardian, thank you for confirming the fact that Guardians were useless in the conflict. While it is quite evident in the a Forerunner Saga (star roads, Mendicant nuking the capital with a Halo, Logic Plague, Mendicant, Graveminds/Keyminds, etc.), it's good to see this nailed into the coffin.

Its kinda funny. Guardians have been portrayed as a big deal in Halo 5, but it's not really anything special in comparison to other Forerunner technology. A good way to show that humanity still has a long, long way to go before reaching the level of the Forerunners.
One issue: Regarding the fact that the Mayhem has been confirmed as an SDV Corvette, the universe article relating to the latter is now inaccurate. In Hunters in the Dark, the Mayhem had both shields and Plasma Tropedoes, something that is lacking in the universe article. Halo: Reach also comes to mind in regards to the Corvette as well, such as the lack of Shields on the Ardent Prayer. Then again, that ship was on a refuelling track towards the CSO.

While you bring up an interesting point, I'm sure it can be assumed(and probably is the case) that the Mayhem was refitted with shielding technology, very much how the Pillar of Autumn was refitted with many upgrades. In terms of the plasma torpedoes, Ardent Prayer had plasma cannons that fired plasma torpedoes, so I don't see the problem with Mayhem being equipped with them too.....Please correct me if I'm wrong however.

While you bring up an interesting point, I'm sure it can be assumed(and probably is the case) that the Mayhem was refitted with shielding technology, very much how the Pillar of Autumn was refitted with many upgrades. In terms of the plasma torpedoes, Ardent Prayer had plasma cannons that fired plasma torpedoes, so I don't see the problem with Mayhem being equipped with them too.....Please correct me if I'm wrong however.
Possible, but it absurd to think that something like a Covenant frigate, CRS or a ship a third of the size of the Commonwealth utilise shields yet the Ardent Prayer doesn't? It doesn't make sense for a Covenant ship the size of the Corvette to lack energy shielding.

One thing wrong with your post though is that the Ardent Prayer (and in the universe entry for the Corvettes here on waypoint) was only seen using Plasma Cannons, not Torpedoes, yet the Mayhem utilises both. Torpedoes have constantly, in the novels and even in the animated series, been depicted as weapons that track its targets and they have a reddish/purple colour to them. The plasma bolts we see in the games are bluish/purple and do not track their targets. One last thing is that, baring the animated series (which had several errors including (stupidly) slow MAC rounds or slow plasma torpedoes that don't do as much damage as they should), have been depicted as something that could gut/mission kill a UNSC vessel in single hits. Plasma bolts from plasma cannons, not so much.

Honestly, I think the universe article for the Corvettes need to be updated and to find a way to explain why the Ardent Prayer and the other Corvettes present in Reach don't utilise energy shielding. Maybe the Ardent Prayer had a few issues, and considering it was returning to the CSO Supercarrier for refuelling, maybe that has something to do with energy shielding? And maybe the ships we see in-game had their shields taken down by the UNSC. Idk.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Deep Link about the unnamed Field Marshal fought in Halo: Reach, that decimates NOBLE Team.
Yes. This will be cool. In a similar way to truth or the gravemind, I always saw him as the main antagonist of sorts for Halo Reach.
Guardians are all bark, no bite ;p
Guardians are all bark, no bite ;p
Tell that to the UNSC. I mean, it's not like Cortana sent them back to the Stone Age or anything.
Isaac Hannaford knows how to draw the old skool Mark IV... So I guess Fall of reach animated is not canon?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3