Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 1-8-16: Annual Achievements

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Isaac Hannaford knows how to draw the old skool Mark IV... So I guess Fall of reach animated is not canon?
A LOT of -Yoink- was changed for the animated series, so I assume the book and comic still take canon presidence over it.
Glad you folks are enjoying the Deep Links feature. It's one I've wanted to kick off for a while but just haven't had the extra time. It won't be an every week thing, but will be fun when we can for sure!

<3
G1
Excellent content once again Grim. I'm always happy to learn more about the Warden, he's a great character.
Kicking off the new year well with this Canon Fodder.

I have to admit I'm disappointed that the Warden Eternal is just an AI. The lines: "Oh, the Warden is not a robot, I thought you knew?", and "Curse this form!" indicated he was composed, or at least, not an AI.
I like the addition of deep links and looking forward to seeing more. As for the FoR comic we already have too much material on it I'd like to see some other novels get the treatment e.g. Ghost of Onyx. tbh and imo the (TFoR) novel will be definitive version of the story.
Composed organics became mindless husks like the Prometheans. Bit like what happens to the necrons in 40k. So the Warden had to be a Ancilla.
Making the Guardians useless against the Flood feels like major foreshadowing. They allow Cortana to control the Galaxy but not protect it from the Flood.

I sense an epic fail coming on.
Composed organics became mindless husks like the Prometheans. Bit like what happens to the necrons in 40k. So the Warden had to be a Ancilla.
No they don't. 343 Guilty Spark is a composed human.
MPMixx wrote:
Syxnrgy wrote:
Deep Link about the unnamed Field Marshal fought in Halo: Reach, that decimates NOBLE Team.
Yes. This will be cool. In a similar way to truth or the gravemind, I always saw him as the main antagonist of sorts for Halo Reach.
When I met him at the end of PoA, I was like "Let's finally go!". To me, he was like the final boss of Reach. Hearing more about him would be nice.

So Kola's backstory was kinda interesting, with all that heretic-related stuff.

So when Grim says yes to the UNSC air vehicles, is he talking about a new Warzone REQ vehicle, new Forge vehicle, or a Halo Wars 2 multiplayer vehicle? Hmmm...

Ah, finally. Info on both the Guardian and WE.
So we now know Guardians don't have any offensive capabilities. Kinda lame, because once the UNSC figures out how to beat them, they'll go down like a joke. I'd always like to think the wings could shoot lasers or something like that, but oh well. Does explain, to a certain degree, why they weren't used against the Flood. But couldn't the Guardians just take down any Flood vessels themselves? Imagine if Guardians were used at the battle of the Greater Ark. Maybe things would've been kinda different. Unless the Star Roads would've just messed up everything anyways. Plus, due the whole slipspace issue at that time, it was probably extremely difficult to get Guardians anywhere.
Funny how WE fights simply for either entertainment or a show of power. Was hoping this article would explain exactly who he is, his origins, etc... I'm really interested in WE, but we barely know anything about him. Guess that's just information we'll have to hear about in the future, hopefully.
Oh the "largely unchallenged" part in the Guardian article was interesting.

Does this mean a few species actually broke free from the clutches of a Guardian. Or even destroyed one? This could lead to some interesting stories depending if the species got caught or not.
CIA391 wrote:
Oh the "largely unchallenged" part in the Guardian article was interesting.

Does this mean a few species actually broke free from the clutches of a Guardian. Or even destroyed one? This could lead to some interesting stories depending if the species got caught or not.
I assume those who had reached higher technological levels such as Ancient Humanity, were able to take on Guardians.
Kicking off the new year well with this Canon Fodder.

I have to admit I'm disappointed that the Warden Eternal is just an AI. The lines: "Oh, the Warden is not a robot, I thought you knew?", and "Curse this form!" indicated he was composed, or at least, not an AI.
For the "Curse this form!" line, I wonder if it could mean that he inhabited a previous form before his "Warden Eternal" appearance. I've been wondering a lot lately if the Warden Eternal was originally the Warden Monitor from Halo: Cryptum and Halo: Silentium (since both have almost the exact same name, and are both ancillas), and that at some point, the Warden was given a new purpose and a new form, becoming the Warden Eternal. It's just a thought I have, but they could always be just different characters. Only time will tell.
This week in Canon Fodder, we look at an extended backstory, answer a few questions, and cover collected comics.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
So should we take that picture to mean that Kola was active during the Fall of Reach, or that he was aboard the Ardent Prayer specifically?
LFXx3273 wrote:
This week in Canon Fodder, we look at an extended backstory, answer a few questions, and cover collected comics.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
So should we take that picture to mean that Kola was active during the Fall of Reach, or that he was aboard the Ardent Prayer specifically?
Could be any SDV-class Heavy Corvette really. We are not seeing outside the ship after all. Only seeing Kola.

I'm betting its the Mayhem though.
CIA391 wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Could be any SDV-class Heavy Corvette really. We are not seeing outside the ship after all. Only seeing Kola.

Not specifically the Mayhem per say, but yes, you are more on the right track. Obviously one would likely assume Kola was active in some capacity during the FoR, but that's not what the image is supposed to directly imply. :-)
CIA391 wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:

Read more here...

<3
Grim

Not specifically the Mayhem per say, but yes, you are more on the right track. Obviously one would likely assume Kola was active in some capacity during the FoR, but that's not what the image is supposed to directly imply. :-)
Well thanks for the Mayhem clarification.
That Red armor though in the image.(might be lighting)

Kola was Ranger Major at some point I take it then?

Just guessing really pretty much seeing as Red usually meant Major (or Officer). ^^'
The red/gold-accented armor is meant more to reflect SoS connections.
What are the actually in-game colors you guys used?
JJAB91 wrote:
Isaac Hannaford knows how to draw the old skool Mark IV... So I guess Fall of reach animated is not canon?
A LOT of -Yoink- was changed for the animated series, so I assume the book and comic still take canon presidence over it.
From my understanding, the different designs of the Mk. IV were to help more casual fans tell the Spartans apart.
So how does one tell the rank of a Covenant soldier if they're no longer color coded? From their armor type? Meaning all SoS soldiers are Orange, but you can tell a Major from a Minor by the armor they wear.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3