Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 10-2-15: Designs of the Times

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a closer look at some alien wares.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Such an awesome Fodder as always. Awesome articles about Blue Team and Osiris! The hype is REAL!!!!!
When was Fireteam Osiris formed? I was under the impression that they had never really worked together prior to being assigned to hunt down Blue Team?
At least we can finally say Osiris isn't ONI's spartan team with 100% accuracy.

LFXx3273 wrote:
When was Fireteam Osiris formed? I was under the impression that they had never really worked together prior to being assigned to hunt down Blue Team?
That's impossible as their first mission in game is retrieving Halsey.
Ooooo those new vehicles! I can definitely see resemblance of new phantom to aquatic animal. As I guessed these are sangheili designs.

Nice new info bits.
I definitely like the new mobile app update for the Halo Channel, easier to find well...everything! Adding articles and other work is pretty great too. That new trailer though, omg! Looked astounding, definitely sweet to see and also have the narrator who seems to be talking to Locke, maybe at a different point in time though. This just gets better every week we get closer!
I do miss when covenant tech was more purple. This new trend of replacing everything purple with blue worries me.
Is there going to be a page put up that list the descriptions of every Req card when 5 launches. I found my self pausing videos, reading the cards people unlocked. But I want all the lore :p
Awesome cannon fodder as always Grim! I was eagerly awaiting the explanations on the new Covenant designs (although you missed the new Spirit!). Lost a beloved member of the family today (rest in peace Grandma Feaver) and these great cannon fodders definitely help keep the mind busy during tragic times.
Banshees and Ghosts can finally have better protection, protection that could and should have always been there...

*sheds tear*
Is there going to be a page put up that list the descriptions of every Req card when 5 launches. I found my self pausing videos, reading the cards people unlocked. But I want all the lore :p
This. It would be neat if future Canon Fodder's focused on the Armor and other unlocks. Perhaps create an article for MJOLNIR Armor and slowly update it with descriptions of all the armors.
JJAB91 wrote:
I do miss when covenant tech was more purple. This new trend of replacing everything purple with blue worries me.
That's because the Sangheili always saw purple as blue...
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a closer look at some alien wares.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
You missed the Spirit and the Kraken. XD
Also are Malurok and Lodam armory on Jul's side?
So the storyline of the Covenant not knowing how to do anything without Engineers has been totally dropped?
Since in this game they are pulling out new stuff left and right all over the place.
So the storyline of the Covenant not knowing how to do anything without Engineers has been totally dropped?
Since in this game they are pulling out new stuff left and right all over the place.
Not dropped just they are less well off and have lesser or alternative solutions to their technologies, as is the case with reviving old blueprints, which the engineers may have re-innovated previously.
Well even Broken Circle showed that the Elites had personal trained as engineers. But it still possible that for the 1st year they had not enough skilled labor to replace the Engineers till enough Elites were trained as such.

The Kilo-Five Trilogy is 3 - 4 years before Halo 4. Plenty of time to get the ball rolling. Especially for the Colonies that had no access to Engineer species.
It was always a little more complicated than that. For one thing, the tampering with technology was a religious taboo and tightly controlled by the San'Shyuum. This doesn't mean that Sangheili weren't curious about the technology, but it was also said that they were expected to become warriors and so no one really admitted they wanted to be anything else. Now that that taboo has been lifted and they no longer have the San'Shyuum to provide them with everything, those curious Sangheili could have stepped forward and volunteered to get them back on track. The 'Mdama's were worried about this months after the Covenant collapsed, but it's pretty clear that years after the Schism they were finally in a position to rebuild themselves.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
That's because the Sangheili always saw purple as blue...
Yeah, however thats irrelevant from a game design and artistic standpoint.

Also they don't see purple as blue they see it as a shade of blue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3