Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 10-24-15: Locke & Load

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder we take a closer look at the weapons you’ll be wielding throughout Halo 5: Guardians, and chat about the brand new ways the Halo Channel and Halo Waypoint will be supporting your Halo 5: Guardians experience.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Good article! However, I am disappointed at the fact that last weeks cannon fodder hinted that this weeks article will tell us on how the Covenant named their ships. Good job though.
First!! Haha. Wow, this is my first First! post. Love the Canon Fodders Grim, I always want more of the Halo Universe :)

Edit: Oops, someone beat me by two seconds :/
Nice article, Grim.
Hmm... Interesting thumbnail pic ;)
Grim, could you possibly clarify something, please? You said the Halo 5 sniper was the SRS99, but that designation is the same as the Halo: Reach sniper's designation, whereas Halo 4's sniper, the SRS99 Series 5, looks practically the same as the Halo 5 one, albeit with less detail. Did you exclude the Series 5 part when writing the article, or is it correct and the Halo 5 look is a retcon of the Halo: Reach look?
Ohh, a peek into some of the legendary weapons. So the Didact can create weapons...
Good article! However, I am disappointed at the fact that last weeks cannon fodder hinted that this weeks article will tell us on how the Covenant named their ships. Good job though.
Actually, it hinted at something else entirely. Last week's cover image was connected to it. As was the end tag to Issue 44...

(That being said, we will do some coverage of new ship stuff in the near future)
You tease with that imagine Grim! 3 days left! 3 days!

I really wonder about the Kinetic bolts, especially since they incinerate people. I hope you'll go into detail on those one day!

And nice to know the designation of several of the weapons now!

So the new phantom isn't as well performing in space then?

I'm a big fan of those weapon variants for Assault Rifle, SMG, DMR and Battle Rifle.
This week in Canon Fodder we take a closer look at the weapons you’ll be wielding throughout Halo 5: Guardians, and chat about the brand new ways the Halo Channel and Halo Waypoint will be supporting your Halo 5: Guardians experience.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Great!
Well, Nornfang is now definitely my favorite weapon. Explosive rounds and always-on motion tracker? Death and destruction indeed.
Nice article Grim! I really enjoyed reading about the weapons. Say, do you think it will be safe for me to continue reading the canon fodder articles? I don't obtain Halo 5 Guardians until Christmas and I do not plan on spoiling the game for myself until then. Also, if you are interested, I plan on releasing another Halo Theories article soon. Probably this Friday or something. Anyway, thank you for the canon fodder!

Sincerely,
play4OURFUN
Oooh. I liked the idea of Nornfang but now I love it even more.
I love that pun, Locke and load, huhuh
Nice article Grim! I really enjoyed reading about the weapons. Say, do you think it will be safe for me to continue reading the canon fodder articles? I don't obtain Halo 5 Guardians until Christmas and I do not plan on spoiling the game for myself until then. Also, if you are interested, I plan on releasing another Halo Theories article soon. Probably this Friday or something. Anyway, thank you for the canon fodder!

Sincerely,
play4OURFUN
After launch we will be talking more about different aspects of the H5 story, tech, locations, etc. I'll definitely try and give spoiler warnings when we do though...

<3
Grim
So according to the paragraph on the legendary Beam Rifle, 'Moramee was the 'previous' Arbiter? Were there none between him and Thel? Which is strange given that the gap between them was 21 years of war.
Hey, G-One, i dont know how far up your voice can be heard but can you suggest all these cool weapon variants end up in some sort weapon pack for the H5 McFarlane toys? Cause right now those figs just put out the same 3 weapons over and over. With no enemies in sight people are going to be seeing a whole lot of AR, BR, and DMRs.
Great post as always Grim.

First time seeing Hailstorm for me, what a great name!
Nice post! But....

Pre-ordered The Art of Halo 5 Guardians months ago!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3