OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
My favorite aspect of the HALO fiction is the little theories that the community comes up with. I love discussing the details and throwing in my own. and how sometimes the coolest / strangest things end up looking just a little likely. HALO is awesome.
"We wanted someone who could act as our window into that world, and replaced Palmer (who was needed elsewhere in the Halo 5 story anyway)"

Uh...are you sure about that? Where? All Palmer did in Halo 5 was stand around and then fly a pelican one time...thats it.
Something I noticed, in the ONI Files the POA Tech Communications is missing the images. The original data drops included images with each text entry,
Any chance we can keep having Reed back every week for more and more insight into the game's story and direction? Learning about Osiris's development was pretty cool.
Yeah, although I doubt he'll explain why the game feels like half of it is missing >.>
Happy 50th.

Thank you for doing theses posts every week, keep up the good work.
JJAB91 wrote:
Something I noticed, in the ONI Files the POA Tech Communications is missing the images. The original data drops included images with each text entry,
Majority of the stuff had visual aids.

Halo 2's Limited Edition Conversations from the Universe even had text put in certain ways to suit the message

Eleventh Hour Reports/Data Drops had a ONI emblem's behind them.
And even the first Data Drop is missing from this.(mostly cause its an image)

Halo 3's Terminals had images with them.

So yea its not perfect. But right now it does the job.(makes me wonder though, what happened the Universe Article Media Function, I imagine that would of been perfect for this)
Happy 50th Cannon Fodder! Truly great stuff this week, always nice to get behind the scenes peeks at what goes on. So excited to see the ONI Files drops make their way back into the universe, that was a lot of fun to discover (especially the elusive final Eleventh Hour transmission). Guess I have some re-reading to do now, here's to another 50! :D
stckrboy wrote:
Happy 50th Cannon Fodder! Truly great stuff this week, always nice to get behind the scenes peeks at what goes on. So excited to see the ONI Files drops make their way back into the universe, that was a lot of fun to discover (especially the elusive final Eleventh Hour transmission). Guess I have some re-reading to do now, here's to another 50! :D
Ahhh that's where I got the Eleventh Hour transmission with the ONI image again almost forgot it was found in that ARG. Good times.
This is only my second Canon Fodder. I can't believe I waited so long to jump aboard. This is a Halo lore fans dream.
I totally called the Kraken being a seige tower.... right?
Been following halo lore since I was in grade 7 love the depth, continuity and mystery of the expanded universe and how well it complements the games. Looking forward to seeing what twists and mystery the reclaimer saga throws at us next!
Loving the lore behind SHINOBI armour
The Greg Bear trilogy and the dynamic duo of Ur Didact and Iso Disdact. What happened to Iso anyway? Cryptum? I know he set Riser (and the rest of humanity) up on Erde-Tyrene but did he and the other Forerunners just decide to die off after that? #CanonFodder
Awesome update and happy 50th!
Amazing Canon Fodder. Having had some first hand experience in the AAA games industry I can definitely attest to Reed's description of email chains that go on for days. The entire studio has an opinion and input on every change and it's hard to manage.

It was awesome to see the ONI data drops, I had a blast reading through them again. I'm hopeful that the Data pads from Reach will be added here, so we have a place for all of the Assembly information.
Thank you very much for doing these. I only just recently started using Halo Waypoint and already the added lore information on a series that I love to play and read about is awesome. Here's to many more Cannon Fodders!
I can't believe there's already been 50 Canon Fodders! Keep up the good work, Grim. I'm always looking forward to the next Canon Fodder.
Happy 50th Grim!! And what a 50th it was! Can't wait for more!

As for my favorite aspect, it has to be just how everything ties together so nicely.
You're awesome Grim! Congrats on the 50th Fodder!
Thus canon fodder was everything I wanted. I can't wait to peruse the old ONI files!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5