Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 11-20-15 - Uncharted Waters

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder we cover a smattering of Halo lore topics and add even more to the Universe.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
[primitus]

reserved.
Thanks for the Fodder Grim.
:)
So Cortana's survival and descent into evil was planned from the get-go according to that new Sprint episode? That's heartbreakingly disappointing.
Wow. Just.....whoa. The River of Light was amazing to read. Thank you Grim for yet another canon fodder worthy of extinguishing a big Grunty Thirst! Lol. I thought I would have to tread carefully on this one due to spoilers(Christmas just can't get here sooner), but I'm glad to see you are remaining casual for the time being(other than the sprint, which I unfortunately avoided). Again I thank you for that. Oh yeah! Be on the lookout later today. Do you know what UNSC weapons are made of and how they operate? You probably do haha, but hey that's just a theory XD.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
Awesome Cannon Fodder as always. :)
Wow! That descriptive chronicle of Forerunner weapons was amazing. Great write-up, Grim.
Also, who writes the universe entries? I love how they provide interesting background lore. Hats off to whoever writes 'em.
River of light is interesting cool stuff like always!
Quote:
Forerunner weapons are built atom-by-atom in nanofabrication forges of unsurpassed fidelity...
I absolutely love everything about this, certainly meets my fix for Fodder this week. Thanks for this, hope you have a gret weekend too Grim! <3
So Cortana's survival and descent into evil was planned from the get-go according to that new Sprint episode? That's heartbreakingly disappointing.
I agree
so much to learn I love it.
I agree
On the contrary, i prefer such a major decision not being last minute changes due to reactions.

It's sort of like how h4 was meant to develope chars that'd eventually be in 'osiris', but instead we got bunch of more new characters due to their botching of majestic and fan reception of said botching.
I agree
On the contrary, i prefer such a major decision not being last minute changes due to reactions.

It's sort of like how h4 was meant to develope chars that'd eventually be in 'osiris', but instead we got bunch of more new characters due to their botching of majestic and fan reception of said botching.
No matter when it was planned isn't exactly a concern for me. To me, Halo 4 had a great ending with Cortana going out on her own terms, stopping the Didact and saving Chief. She seemed at peace and ready to let go, though not without sadness. Now? Now she's off ranting about her AI master race, threatening to kill anybody who opposes her and activating at least one Halo (which if she did use it would actually be worse than the Forerunners since she does not appear to have a plan to preserve biospheres when life is destroyed to prevent ecological collapse). But Frankie and Reed are trying to sell us the notion she isn't evil. Given they planned her turn from the start, the fact their narrative comes off as heavy-handed and flawed and requires them to essentially tell fans how to think is almost worse than if it was last minute.
I agree

Just because an idea is present from the start of a project doesn't automatically make it a good idea or the right decision, and just because an idea is changed midway through the process doesn't mean it's a bad move.

In fact Osiris is a perfect example of this. All the characters are great and balance/play off of each other very well, and it is absolutely true that Majestic just wasn't the right team to carry half of this story. Tanaka and Vale are fantastic additions to Halo's repertoire of strong and interesting female characters. Changing Thorne to Buck also was a decision I truly feel worked out for the better. Having one familiar face around makes the transition easier and Nathan Fillion brings such fun to the character with his performance. Meanwhile with Cortana, in following through with this supposed plan for her survival and turn to evil (and yes, killing millions of innocent people while gathering giant war machines to impose a totalitarian dictatorship on the entire galaxy while also threatening any who resist with violence is evil), plus the incredibly weak execution of this idea in 'Halo 5', they've rendered pretty much everything positive that was explored and developed about the character over the last 5 or so years completely pointless. So in that regard perhaps just sticking with 'Halo 4's ending may have been the better option. Obviously it's too late to backtrack now of course, but it's still something to think about and keep in mind for the future.
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
Forerunner weapons are built atom-by-atom in nanofabrication forges of unsurpassed fidelity...
I absolutely love everything about this, certainly meets my fix for Fodder this week. Thanks for this, hope you have a gret weekend too Grim! <3
I love this part as well. I like how Prometheans got so personal with their weapons and customized them to fit their personalities/fighting style. It makes me wonder what would happen if the UNSC discovered one of these forges and began to manufacture unique weapons made to fit the personality/fighting style of some Spartan-IVs? True that these skilled pattern-weavers are no longer around to actually build them, but it also says they were assisted by ancilla. So if a discovered forge has a working ancilla around who can assist, I'm sure some unique Spartan lightrifles, Scattershots, Boltshots and so on could be made...

I smell a cool future REQ Pack idea.
The description was great and beautifully done! It reminds me of halo cryptum. Do you remember the first time you read halo cryptum? Exploring this fast new era, this unknown territory and learning truly about the forerunners.

I was was surprised to know Sloan was an AI.

I have unlocked all the Silver REQ pack permanent unlocks, including the shadow and light ones. It's time to start buying the golds so I don't have river of light yet.
Who's the spartan smitten elite and who does the elite likes?

Overall, great Cannon Fodder.
Who's the spartan smitten elite and who does the elite likes?

Overall, great Cannon Fodder.
Make sure you find all the intel during the "guns down" missions on Sanghelios...one of them is a love poem recorded by an Elite, dedicated to a certain Spartan-IV Commander. ;)
Governor Sloan's motivations for helping out Osiris confuse me.
Quote:
Sloan’s precise origins are unknown.
Unknown smart AI, unknown mjolnir plans, unknown materials.
At this point im beginning to think a whole other faction that you guys will reveal on the next game.
You cant have so much similar technology just randomly appear through space.

Edit- wait..... are the next halos about finding ancient human technologies?
Quote:
Sloan’s precise origins are unknown.
Unknown smart AI, unknown mjolnir plans, unknown materials.
At this point im beginning to think a whole other faction that you guys will reveal on the next game.
You cant have so much similar technology just randomly appear through space.
Glassed planets have bad records.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2