Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 11-6-15: Fauna Getaway

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a closer look at some campaign critters in Halo 5: Guardians.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Short and sweet this week, very nice Grim. Alwasy great to see stuff like this, the little parts of the universe that would generally go unnoticed. Now... to get myself a pet Lumenon :)
stckrboy wrote:
Short and sweet this week, very nice Grim. Alwasy great to see stuff like this, the little parts of the universe that would generally go unnoticed. Now... to get myself a pet Lumenon :)
Right?! They definitely have a "Toothless" vibe to them :-)
stckrboy wrote:
Right?! They definitely have a "Toothless" vibe to them :-)
Exactly what I was thinking! :D It's more for my other half, should have seen her face earlier when she found out HTTYD 3 was confirmed haha
I wonder if the Type-58 Banshee got some aesthetic influence from the kryn’qodon. The Covenant vehicles definitely have more "organic" qualities about them. If only the orzil beetle flew then I could see it be the influence for the Type-57 Phantom.
What about the sand worm on rig?
We actually already have talked a small bit about the inspirations for both the Banshee and the Phantom.
We actually already have talked a small bit about the inspirations for both the Banshee and the Phantom.
You can't take what's in my head canon!
But what happened to the Olfmeri, AKA the Space Whale, AKA the Sky Leviathan?!
So Timmy the whale is a Paelosur?

nice canon fodder!

Glad to know what type the prowler is! However, any word on the dimensions?

The prophet's bane is awesome too.
If this is what we consider a "light" Canon Fodder then the weeks ahead should be mind-blowing. Yet another great entry!
Another cool Canon Fodder. Thanks Grim. :)
We need pics of the 'sKelln coz I initially thought they were that flying creatures on Sanghelios. XD. Can't wait for next week's canon fodder.
Here's some concept art for the Kryn'Qodon for those that are interested:
Covenant_AmbientBird_wip.jpg
Covenant_Bird_1_final_approved.jpg

Speaking of concept art, I'm hoping we eventually hear some more about some of the (seemingly) cut stuff:
david-bolton-ambient-smallmammal-approved.jpg
david-bolton-david-forerunner-wasp.jpg
Great Canon Fodder! This is one of my favorites in a while. Just wondering, what is the canonical status of the Sand Worm on the Rig? Is that actually an animal on Meridian, or was a War Games simulator just having some fun?

Can't wait for what you've teased for next week. I'm still waiting on stuff about the Man o' War and Blockade Runner!
The Acrisius is kind of a tease. I've been wanting a KOTOR/Mass Effect type Halo where a Spartan Fireteam gets their own ship, like a Prowler, and travels the Galaxy. We almost got that when Blue Team took the Acrisius, but then they took it to Meridian and that was it. Now I'm hoping they do this in Halo 6, but involving the Infinity and the Shadow of Intent.
Yeah don't expect another Moa Madness with Halo 5. The difference between the moas and everything here is all the fauna in Halo 5 are either tiny bugs or background animals, far off in the distance. The moas however were IN the playspace, the players got to directly interact with them, and thats what created the moa madness. Halo 5 just isnt on that level.
JJAB91 wrote:
Yeah don't expect another Moa Madness with Halo 5. The difference between the moas and everything here is all the fauna in Halo 5 are either tiny bugs or background animals, far off in the distance. The moas however were IN the playspace, the players got to directly interact with them, and thats what created the moa madness. Halo 5 just isnt on that level.
It is true that having moas in the playspace resulted in interaction and, consequently, "Moa madness." However, it would be inaccurate to say Halo 5 did not do an excellent job with ambient wildlife. Even though they are in the background, a lot of effort was put into modeling and detailing them, and it is certainly appreciated.
CINCL wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
It is true that having moas in the playspace resulted in interaction and, consequently, "Moa madness." However, it would be inaccurate to say Halo 5 did not do an excellent job with ambient wildlife. Even though they are in the background, a lot of effort was put into modeling and detailing them, and it is certainly appreciated.
I wish we could actually see it better though through replays and screen shots we could take ourselves, but with the lack of campaign replay, only now with this update was I finally able to actually see what some of these creatures looked like.

I do really appreciate the update all the same, though. I love information like this and all of these creatures have so much detail in them.
I was hoping we'd get info on those big swarms of bugs on Sanghelios.

Right now I'm thinking they're the cut wildlife from CE that was meant to cut up dead bodies and fly away with the body parts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2