Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 12-16-15: Mythellaneous Topics

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In this week's issue, we announce Halo Mythos!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD THE HYPE IS REAL!!!! Thank you Grim!! Thank you 343i! I wonder if Halo Mythos will talk about 21st-25th century events.....Oh, and I have discovered that alert carry is missing in Halo 5 now after today's update, because I have been able to use it previously. Is it gone, or is it another button sequence? Thank you again!!!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
What was the point of that first Q&A answer? Really, just pick a question with an answer instead of wasting our time with frustration and guessing.
October?! Dammit Grim, ah well I guess I've got plenty of Halo to keep me occupied until then. Definitely going to be picking this up though for the collection. Picked up Shadow of Intent but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, need to get to that soon. Was awesome to have Joe answer my question on the stream though, that's another big moment for my Halo memories medal chest <3
What was the point of that first Q&A answer? Really, just pick a question with an answer instead of wasting our time with frustration and guessing.
Any word on if Shadow of Intent will get an audiobook release? It seems odd that it doesn't since Saint's Testimony has an audio version despite technically being shorter in length.
Mythos sounds like a great idea. However, I do have a concern with the writing portions. With those portions coming from the "scribes" of 343, how much can we expect that these written portions might be "leading" fans to think certain ways? We already have that with Cortana being told to us that she isn't evil by Frankie and Reed (while being told Halsey is a monster). It makes me shudder to think how a section on just the Spartan-II Program could be mangled by making it another Halsey bashfest and ignoring all of the deeper intricacies and links to other characters with the program. And that is just one example, perhaps a more biased one of my choosing, but it gets the point across.
He did answer the question. Halo Wars most likely takes place over a wide span of time. The first missions likely taking place before Halo 5, some missions taking place while the events of Halo 5 are occurring (such as Guardians being activated) and the final levels probably take place after the end of Halo 5, when the AI have risen against humanity.

It's the second question Grim answered that made me shake my head. But, the good news is that it's definitive confirmation that Grey Team is atleast active as of 2558. With the other nod towards Grey Team in recent canon fodders, my fingers are crossed for a new novel focusing on the trio soon.
Nice article and amazing Q And A.

I love how we know what the bobs are from Halo Reach now. Was weird calling them Bobs xD Ranger Commander seems way more fitting.

Also guess I will be getting the Snapshot Sharpshooter badge soon thanks to my Bob image :)
Halo mythos! October? Yikes that is far. I hope we are getting another stellar book year in 2016! It was great this year. I hope we get at least 5 next year!

The splinter grenade is as I thought, related to the pulse grenade and a sort of relative to it. I thought they had upgraded their Arsenal and themselves, hence the new functionality on weapons, and seems like the pulse grenade base evolved into the splinter grenade! Really nice!

I wonder and hope that Endurance-of-Will is head of the Promethean forces under Warden's control.

That spirit looks great and banshee too.
So I was looking at Waypoint's customize your Spartan Page and found Achilles MJOLNIR Armor added to the list. It doesn't show what it looks like, just a green square, but it does have the armor description.

Achilles Armor

Only Spartans who have mastered themselves, bound their wrath and passion within a shell of hyperdense steel fueled by starfire, are granted access to the ACHILLES. Lesser warriors will lose themselves in a storm of blood.

Achilles Helmet

The AI that lies within the branching lattice of the ACHILLES' neural interface gnaws at the mind of its partner. No Spartan can stand alone against its urgings of unbridled excess, but through bonds of loyalty and duty they can be held at bay.

Does this count as a leak? It's on 343i's official customize your Spartan page after all.
>October 2016

Goddammit! Nearly a year of waiting, I WANT IT NOW!!! (cry) I hope there's new books for 2016.
Mythos will walk readers through the expanded Halo fiction – from the Forerunners’ conflict with ancient humanity

I cry tears of joy! I just hope this isn't a footnote and we get some decent concept art depicting characters, locations and battles described in the book.
Spoiler:
Show
Oh my... is.... is Grey Team finally being mentioned again?

*Fanboying intensifies*
Spoiler:
Show

*Fanboying intensifies*
Ok in regards to that question. Remember

Osman was a Spartan-II and is 100% alive in 2558.

Saves spreading the wrong info around :)
I can't figure out if announcing stuff like this is so far before it's release date is either very kind or just torture..

HYPE!

AND while we are at it (Granted not VERY lore related) Are you ever going to do another Building Worlds like Halo Art book ?

Showing all the new stuff. Like books, the Spartan Assault and Strike games, side projects and other new Halo art ?
CIA391 wrote:

She's not an active Spartan though. She was a Spartan, but she's a dropout/failure who is now CINCONI. I don't think she counts.
CIA391 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

*Fanboying intensifies*

She's not an active Spartan though. She was a Spartan, but she's a dropout/failure who is now CINCONI. I don't think she counts.
Never mentioned Active or not. Just "surviving Spartan-II's" I believe the wording was ;)
CIA391 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

*Fanboying intensifies*

Never mentioned Active or not. Just "surviving Spartan-II's" I believe the wording was ;)
The mystery and tease intensifies....XD
I miss the days when halo was full of mystery. Those days feel long over to me. Sorry for the debby downer post.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2