OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
CIA391 wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Oh my... is.... is Grey Team finally being mentioned again?

*Fanboying intensifies*
Ok in regards to that question. Remember

Osman was a Spartan-II and is 100% alive in 2558.

Saves spreading the wrong info around :)
Well there's still Black Team... Oh wait.
Mythos sounds like a great idea. However, I do have a concern with the writing portions. With those portions coming from the "scribes" of 343, how much can we expect that these written portions might be "leading" fans to think certain ways? We already have that with Cortana being told to us that she isn't evil by Frankie and Reed (while being told Halsey is a monster). It makes me shudder to think how a section on just the Spartan-II Program could be mangled by making it another Halsey bashfest and ignoring all of the deeper intricacies and links to other characters with the program. And that is just one example, perhaps a more biased one of my choosing, but it gets the point across.
"Cortana is dead guys!"

Cortana isn't dead.

"Cortana isn't evil!"

Cortana does exactly what the Didact wanted to while he was called evil.

343i everyone.

"Also lets kill off Black Team for this supposedly very important story reason! It was all planned! But we'll never explain or show why it was important or why it was planned"
What was the point of that first Q&A answer? Really, just pick a question with an answer instead of wasting our time with frustration and guessing.
I think he did look closely at the question. Yes might be an answer to both questions asked. We know halo wars 2 story is in episodes perhaps part takes place before guardians the legendary ending from halo wars and some takes place after guardians.
JJAB91 wrote:
Mythos sounds like a great idea. However, I do have a concern with the writing portions. With those portions coming from the "scribes" of 343, how much can we expect that these written portions might be "leading" fans to think certain ways? We already have that with Cortana being told to us that she isn't evil by Frankie and Reed (while being told Halsey is a monster). It makes me shudder to think how a section on just the Spartan-II Program could be mangled by making it another Halsey bashfest and ignoring all of the deeper intricacies and links to other characters with the program. And that is just one example, perhaps a more biased one of my choosing, but it gets the point across.
"Cortana is dead guys!"

Cortana isn't dead.

"Cortana isn't evil!"

343i everyone.

"Also lets kill off Black Team for this supposedly very important story reason! It was all planned! But we'll never explain or show why it was important or why it was planned"
They're very poetic and symbolic, rather than literal like in the story telling. The Cortana we knew is dead, and we possibly may learn in the future that this Cortana in Halo 5 may not be the "actual" Cortana. If this is the case, Cortana is not evil since this is not the "real" Cortana. And they might take the story to where her plans might actually benefit the galaxy therefore rendering her "not evil." Or they may be speaking from her point of view, where she herself thinks she is not evil. As for Black Team, I am sure there was a legitimate reason for their deaths. And if there isn't, then oh well. All in all though, all will be revealed in future media, and by that I do not mean a few weeks from now in a canon fodder article, or even next year. Instant gratification is something that is hard to come by in a large continuous story such as Halo and other multi media franchises. We all as the fan base have to be patient and let the developers, writers, and artists do what they need to do.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
Quote:
... complete accounting of events in the universe over the last 100,000 years.
So does this mean Mythos won't cover any of the Precursor-Forerunner war? On a related note, I'm hoping to see images from Path Kethona. There's nothing I want to see more than the ten million year old derelict ships in Path Kethona. Of the entire Forerunner saga, the Librarian's voyage to Path Kethona was my favorite part. It was absolutely haunting, and I loved every part of it.
JJAB91 wrote:
"Cortana is dead guys!"

Cortana isn't dead.

"Cortana isn't evil!"

343i everyone.

They're very poetic and symbolic, rather than literal like in the story telling. The Cortana we knew is dead, and we possibly may learn in the future that this Cortana in Halo 5 may not be the "actual" Cortana. If this is the case, Cortana is not evil since this is not the "real" Cortana. And they might take the story to where her plans might actually benefit the galaxy therefore rendering her "not evil." Or they may be speaking from her point of view, where she herself thinks she is not evil. As for Black Team, I am sure there was a legitimate reason for their deaths. And if there isn't, then oh well. All in all though, all will be revealed in future media, and by that I do not mean a few weeks from now in a canon fodder article, or even next year. Instant gratification is something that is hard to come by in a large continuous story such as Halo and other multi media franchises. We all as the fan base have to be patient and let the developers, writers, and artists do what they need to do.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
By the love of god, even if this isn't the real Cortana (which is complete especulation since it wasn't enforced in the game), what she does is evil. The Gravemind, Truth, Mercy, Regret, Kinsler, Ripa, Jul, Tartarus, Merg, Didact, all had different perspectives, in which they believed they were above everyone else and therefore they could do whatever they wanted and that they knew better, yet I don't think you ever defended the actions of those past villains or said 'they weren't evil' in the games they appeared.
Cortana, being her or not being her, is completely evil. There isn't a excuse for totalitarism and forced peace (where she killed millions of people in the colonies for the "greater good"). You can't kill to stop killing. What she is doing is hipocrital and in the end only benefits herself, where she also conviences hundreds of AIs to join her promissing something she can't do to them. I see Halsey being branded a monster in all recent material, because she kidnapped children and turned them into soldiers; many people defend this. And then comes Cortana, kills a LOT of civillians and innocent people (men, women, children) and yet she isn't evil because she "just see things differently", or because she was a protagonist). The less you stop defending this nonsense vision the more you will see none of this makes any sense.
And we have to give feedback to the developers. If we accept all the choices they make they will think they are doing fine and will continue with it. You may have liked Halo 5's plot, Escalation's terrible conclusion and others, but most of the community didn't, and we cannot remain quiet and let more of this direction in the future games, series, comics, amongst others.

@Grim, nice Canon Fodder by the way. It seems Mythos will be the best thing related to fiction to come next year. Well, Mythos and Wars I think. Hope we get to see the Primordial and other unseen characters such as Kurt Ambrose, Maccabeus, Ussa 'Xellus, Dadab, Chakas amongst others.
Quote:
So does this mean Mythos won't cover any of the Precursor-Forerunner war? On a related note, I'm hoping to see images from Path Kethona. There's nothing I want to see more than the ten million year old derelict ships in Path Kethona. Of the entire Forerunner saga, the Librarian's voyage to Path Kethona was my favorite part. It was absolutely haunting, and I loved every part of it.
You can see images of it now. But I know what you mean. It would be neat to see star roads discovered there and any other data recorded by the Audacity.
Quote:
You can see images of it now. But I know what you mean. It would be neat to see star roads discovered there and any other data recorded by the Audacity.
And what a certain slipspace Crystal was used for hopefully that gets answered. As well as the terminal species.
JJAB91 wrote:
"Cortana is dead guys!"

Cortana isn't dead.

"Cortana isn't evil!"

343i everyone.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
Obi-Wan Kenobi logic right here ^

"Darth Vader killed your father." -_-
Obi-Wan Kenobi logic right here ^

"Darth Vader killed your father." -_-
It's true though. It's like saying Bruce Wayne died with his parents and all that remains today is Batman.
Quote:
Well, I guess I set myself up for that one!
Awesome Cannon Fodder, Grim. I can't wait for Halo: Mythos! :)
Well looks like I have to add Mythos to my calendar and buy list, Hopefully we will get a lot of visuals on certain characters.
Is yes, your only response?
Yes.
Thanks, Grim! Excited for Mythos. As an employee in the publishing industry I really appreciate how much time and effort goes into a book like this. My best to the Mythos team!
I don't mean to sound ungrateful or impatient, but any idea of when the winners of the recent Canon Fodder giveaway will be contacted?
I don't mean to sound ungrateful or impatient, but any idea of when the winners of the recent Canon Fodder giveaway will be contacted?
Very soon! Many apologies, we're smack dab in the middle of moving our entire studio, so it's slowed a bunch of processes down like these. Know it hasn't been forgotten!

<3
Grim
I miss the days when halo was full of mystery. Those days feel long over to me. Sorry for the debby downer post.
I kind of feel the same way.
Halo Mythos sounds... interesting. It kinda sounds like the Encyclopedia, if the Encyclopedia was timeline-related only. Still, I'm interested. Should be really good.
Gotta naturally wonder if it'll include Halo Wars 2 in it.

The Honor Guards pic is mine (those sexy beasts are so sexy)! And you selected it for the CF Snapshot? Did you know it was my birthday, Grim? :D

I always call the Splinter the Pulse, and now I'm basically not wrong whenever I say it.
I'm assuming this also explains the frag grenade-like explosion that happened to the Didact?
October?! Dammit Grim, ah well I guess I've got plenty of Halo to keep me occupied until then
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2