Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 12-3-15: Staten It Plainly

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, we give you a taste of the upcoming novel by Joseph Staten, Halo: Shadow of Intent, plus a remastered recap of a Long Road Home.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Another great issue!
I have a kind of odd request: can you do a Canon Fodder on the sights/scopes in the Halo universe, some time? We know little to nothing (only of the KFA-2, and A2 scopes, but we don't know much about them, let alone the rest of the ones in the other games), and it'd be nice to learn some more, particularly about Halo 5's CQB, Recon, Longshot and Sentinel sights.
Prophets, Yanme’e and Brutes... oh my.
Prophets, Yanme’e and Brutes... oh my.
Yup, looks like this book will be a good one!
-AOK
Is that thing on the cover a scion?
I'm excited for the novel. I can imagine Rtas, Thel, Ntho and Usze together fighting some enemy. That be cool. Like imagine them fighting some enemy, maybe something from Star Wars.

I wonder what's going to happen tonight!

I like the drop pods from halo 4 that lower and go back up. So economical!

Interesting seeing Sangheili use limited AI.
This is my most anticipated book of this year, and it's only 3 days away!

And is that a San'Shyuum in a combat skin!!?? I've waited so long to see that.
Dab1001 wrote:
Another great issue!
I have a kind of odd request: can you do a Canon Fodder on the sights/scopes in the Halo universe, some time? We know little to nothing (only of the KFA-2, and A2 scopes, but we don't know much about them, let alone the rest of the ones in the other games), and it'd be nice to learn some more, particularly about Halo 5's CQB, Recon, Longshot and Sentinel sights.
Query Answer: Extended [ancillary] details are available for all current and proposed weapon [targeting/sighting] [auxilio] used by combatant factions in focus area. Further elucidation requires [vexationes] of information [custodes] [SadSiblingFirst?].
Quote:
Dab1001 wrote:
Another great issue!
Query Answer: Extended [ancillary] details are available for all current and proposed weapon [targeting/sighting] [auxilio] used by combatant factions in focus area. Further elucidation requires [vexationes] of information [custodes] [SadSiblingFirst?].
Lol, we were gonna do that anyway :P
Thank you for the article Grim! I absolutely loved reading the excerpt, seeing the picture, watching the Halo 101 video, and finally viewing the universe entries. And haha Catalog, so cryptic...can never understand what he is saying, even though he is always right somehow. I'd like to talk about some things though. First off, the picture. I imagine that's the female Sangheili? And the other figure, that's got to be a Stoic San 'Shyuum? The Prelate? Speaking of Prelate, the rank was mentioned in Contact Harvest, as the High Prophet of Restraint was a Prelate before becoming a hierarch, so I wonder if that has any significance. And there was a Forerunner character called the Prelate in Soma the Painter, but I doubt there is any connection. Secondly, I cannot wait for the novel to come zout! Haha thirdly, what's a Scion? Now time for the Universe entries. I suspected the Shrike Turrets were automated turrets, and now this issue of Canon Fodder has confirmed my theory, and it was cool to find out a lot more about them! Also, I noticed a possible typo in the M41 Rocket Launcher section. It says "The M47 consists of two components. First, a reusable launcher with smart-linked fire control module. Second, a disposable mzjagazine holding two 102mm high explosive anti-tank rockets." Shouldn't it be M41, instead of M47? Anyways, thank you very much again for your hard work and further more to the rest of 343i for allowing canon fodders to happen. And a little hint for what's up next on Halo Theories.....BDU. Thanks again Grim!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
The best part of this canon fodder IMHO was this:
Quote:
The image, by the way, comes from an upcoming product you’ve likely seen a tiny slice of already, and one we’re excited to talk more about soon.
If this means what I think it does, that Halo: Mythos will feature new concept art of previously not visualized parts from the books/games, than I will lose it.
First the image of the discovery of the Composer by the Infinity, now this: it can't be a coincidence!
Darth Nint wrote:
The best part of the bulletin IMHO was this:
Quote:
The image, by the way, comes from an upcoming product you’ve likely seen a tiny slice of already, and one we’re excited to talk more about soon.
If this means what I think it does, that Halo: Mythos will feature new concept art of previously not visualized parts from the books/games, than I will lose it.
First the image of the discovery of the Composer by the Infinity, now this: it can't be a coincidence!
Oh man, there are so many things that I wish I could see in a visual format, I am so excited for 2016.
Oh man, there are so many things that I wish I could see in a visual format, I am so excited for 2016.
Yep! I mean, we could get our first look to places like the Forerunner Capital, the Unyielding Hierophant (that hologram in the H2A terminals doesn't count! :D), Onyx and so on...

And talking about Onyx: does anybody remember that Halo Monopoly that came out this year? It featured a previously unseen concept art of Onyx! Why would they create new images for a boardgame, making their lives harder? That's why I think that image has to be from Halo: Mythos! ;)
Could we get info on Sangheili life in general, what they eat, architecture, rituals, etc. Very much curious if Sangheili also just go for the opposite sex or if they don't care either way.
That lore behind the Shrike is excellent!

Was not expecting to learn they are demented AI incapable of operating in contemporary times and kept and treated like caged animals by the Sangheili.

Also, glad to see one of my ODST pics up there! I'm glad you guys chose the one you did, it was my favorite of the ones I took.
Hey Grim, what are the odds of getting a universe section for the UNSC Marine corp, we have one for the ODST's and Spartans. Can't leave out our bros to the close.
Canon Fodder on a Thursday? It's like Christmas on the 24th!
Thanks again, Grim. This is one of my favorites so far!
I can't wait to get home and read this.
Thanks again Mr. Grim :)
Speaking of VGA, did you see the new Warzone map? Battle of Noctus. Given its a Warzone simulation, does it mean the UNSC is anticipating heavy action on Andesia now? I mean Empire as a simulation could just be anticipation for small operations but a whole Warzone map makes it seem like they're expecting a full scale battle with the insurrectionists.

P.S. I see that new SPNKR there :)
Another quick question that ties in with the ships in Halo 5. How powerful are Shrike turrets to be able to take down a capital ship?
Battle of Noctus reminds me of Arcadia from Halo Wars.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3