Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 2-12-16: Needle Me This

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we take a look at a pretty racy Hog.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
First!!
Blamite propulsed warthog? Oh my!

I wonder if endurance of will will appear at some point again. It would be interesting seeing her wield those weapons! Nice to know about the core functionalities!
Can we see the Blamite Hog as a REQ in the near future? Instead of another 3-4 different scout/standard/rocket/gauss hogs and mongooses?
Club Errera is a potential sponsor? I take it Errera is a franchise since the club in New Alexandria can't possibly be standing, let alone occupied by citizens looking to have a good time dancing amongst the millions of dead.
Club Errera is a potential sponsor? I take it Errera is a franchise since the club in New Alexandria can't possibly be standing, let alone occupied by citizens looking to have a good time dancing amongst the millions of dead.
I don't think you could have been any more metal if you tried.

Lol
Can we get a date for that correspondence, Grim?
erickyboo wrote:

I wonder if endurance of will will appear at some point again. It would be interesting seeing her wield those weapons! Nice to know about the core functionalities!
She was composed and her essence made into a Promethean Knight, which was most likely destroyed on Requiem or when Requiem itself was destroyed.
Definitely getting Rocket League now
LFXx3273 wrote:
Can we get a date for that correspondence, Grim?
Look I can't really help you with your Valentine's Day probl- oh wait... nvm.

;-)
I think a blamite-injected warthog REQ is needed to go with our BoomCo blaster skins and such. Warzone seems to be the place to test both experimental and ridiculous designs
So those doors a canon attachment to the warthog?
Well, I definitely will say that I will be getting Rocket League for Xbox one now. It was fun playing it on my friends ps4, but now that a Warthog is something I can play as in the game, my money is going towards it haha. Anyways, nice article Grim! Several lore things I noticed:

- Spiker in Halo Wars 2 confirmed! I wonder if it will look a but different, with the new art direction and all, something I will gladly get behind.
- You just keep on hyping up the San 'Shyuum for something don't you....
- Those ONI spooks are up to some conspicuous things as always, finding classified and ancient weaponry that belonged to a legendary Promethean through unknown means. But then again, the Open Hand can be found in "Osiris," so if we were to assume Fireteam Osiris canonically acquired mythic weapons during their search for Blue Team, then this is how ONI came across Edurance-of-Will's right hand. But that begs the question: why was that weapon on Kamchatka in the first place?
- I have been noticing over the years that it seems like the Forerunners really took the definition of "interchangeable parts" and re-defined it as "inter-programmable components," since their weapons and infrastructure can change shape (depending on the rate's architectural design) at will through design seeds, and their weapons have multiple variants through different internal software programs that change that particular operation, while maintaining the same form. I wonder if this applies to all Forerunner weaponry, such as the Sentinel Beam, which would explain the three configurations we have seen: the standard yellow-orange beam, the Sentinel Major blue beam, and the multi-shot blue-white beam featured in the Requiem Sentinels.

I don't know if you were a fan of my Halo Theories Articles, but if you were, sit tight, cause I have a really interesting article cooking up as we speak. College has really pushed progress back, which is why there hasn't been one since November. Hint on the topic? Isaac Asimov. Thanks for the canon fodder this week as always Grim!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
Well i have to say i'm the 1st to actually post photos on the CF SNAPSHOTS: HORNET thread. :D
I asked it on Twitter and I'll ask it here, is the Hogsticker canon and can we please see it in Forge/Warzone? We can make it a Warthog with a Covie vehicle-esque boost!

Also, as an actual question, could we maybe see what has become of some of the marines from the original trilogy? Namely marines such as Staff Sergeant Banks, Gunnery Sergeant Reynolds, Marcus P. Stacker, and Chips Dubbo? Are they still active as marines, or even IV's? Or have they retired?
I asked it on Twitter and I'll ask it here, is the Hogsticker canon and can we please see it in Forge/Warzone? We can make it a Warthog with a Covie vehicle-esque boost!

Also, as an actual question, could we maybe see what has become of some of the marines from the original trilogy? Namely marines such as Staff Sergeant Banks, Gunnery Sergeant Reynolds, Marcus P. Stacker, and Chips Dubbo? Are they still active as marines, or even IV's? Or have they retired?
If you read the message the article. The Hogsticker never made it off the drawing board. But it seems the M12 GT warthog designed for the racing curcit is the body that was used is canon. So basically it'll look the same, just without the giant rocket on the back
LFXx3273 wrote:
erickyboo wrote:

She was composed and her essence made into a Promethean Knight, which was most likely destroyed on Requiem or when Requiem itself was destroyed.
Knights are still around...

If you read the message the article. The Hogsticker never made it off the drawing board. But it seems the M12 GT warthog designed for the racing curcit is the body that was used is canon. So basically it'll look the same, just without the giant rocket on the back
Well we also have a Pig and Whale treated as god by Ancient Humans and Forerunners as forge items so the dream can still live.
LFXx3273 wrote:
I don't know if I'd say this has been confirmed though. Silentium never does say this is what happens. Endurance-of-Will says she will watch over the Didact and Requiem but then there is this...

Spoiler:
Show

And then there is this...

Spoiler:
Show
This is all we get, so it's always possible something else happened to Endurance-of-Will. She obviously didn't let the Ur-Didact out of his Cryptum and the Knights did stay and protect him, but nothing ever said Endurance-of-Will was a Knight during the events of Halo 4.
Hey, you answered my question! Thanks, Grim!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2