Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 2-13-15: In the Loop

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, find out some awesome new info on the upcoming fleet miniatures tabletop game coming from 343 Industries and Spartan Games. Plus, new Universe entries!

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Moonacababa! It's here!
Thanks for that, Grim! All is forgiven (more or less).

Quote:
Kelly Shaddock was born on the inner colony of Imber in 2511 and selected for integration into the SPARTAN-II project at a very young age. In 2517, she was abducted, brought to the planet Reach, and given the name Kelly-087. During the initial years of her training, she was repeatedly resistant to the indoctrination, generally out of fear and anger.
Actually, hang on a minute. Kelly Shaddock... So now 087 has a last name! That's great, but the "fear and anger" bit bothers me ever so slightly. I mean, those emotions are a given under those circumstances, but let's make sure to not take this too far and wind up with another Naomi, or even worse, wind up with all the S-IIs having old trauma. You'd think after a few years the majority would have gotten more used to it- not everyone has to be like Grey Team or Naomi. I'm not saying that's what's happening here, I'm just noticing a trend in 343i writing.
The link to the Universe Article for the Ghost keeps sending me to a Microsoft domain sign in
The fleet geek inside me is so excited for this new game. Finally starships big and small are finally getting the love they deserve in the Haloverse! :)

Also, I'm loving the Keyes Loop nod!
The link to the Universe Article for the Ghost keeps sending me to a Microsoft domain sign in
Fixed :-)
That was a lot of nice stuff!

So then Spartan Ops in halo 4 is actually a simulation of what happened?

I like the new info! The ORS is a beautiful ship.
erickyboo wrote:

It's a fantastic design. I can easily see that her design team looked to complement whatever original capability they wanted with ORS with the best qualities of other ships like CAS, CCS, and SDV, or maybe vise versa.
erickyboo wrote:

No, I was making the comparison the War Games = simulation/training, Whereas Campaign/Spartan Ops = real canonical events. Apologies if that was only clear to me lol.

Grim
Grizzlei wrote:
erickyboo wrote:

It's a fantastic design. I can easily see that her design team looked to complement whatever original capability they wanted with ORS with the best qualities of other ships like CAS, CCS, and SDV, or maybe vise versa.
I kind of see a bit of a CPV looks on the front side thingy.

I remember sal from halo fan for life once analyzing forward unto dawn and wondering if General Black was fleeing from combat or fighting the covenant, guess we got the answer.
Thank you GrimBrother One for giving more information on this awesome looking game!
Finally, Kelly's last name. Hope we can learn all the II's last names! Also, we finally have a name for Buck's squad! It's things like this that make me really appreciate your contributions to the Halo universe, Grim :-)
The ORS and Epoch are both really awesome.

I don't suppose we can finally get chief's last name?
ok, Just found Kelly's Bio!

YES! FINALLY

But...and this is a slight nip-pick that a friend and I found...Kelly's birthday? June?

We feel this is a Mistake

In Dr. Halsey's Jounal, which had most of it written by Eric Nylun btw, It was mentioned that in September, when Kelly was taken, it says that Kelly thought the people trying to catch her was part of her upcoming birthday...in September...

so you can see how we see it's a mistake.
Yes! My favorite Halo character finally has her biography up! (Take a wild guess as to who that is...)

Thank you!

It's a very good summary of Kelly-087's character and accomplishments, and honestly I can't find much to nitpick over - and that's saying a lot. Not sure why the ending section doesn't mention the events of 'Escalation' or have a "Related Experiences" bullited list though, seeing as all the other members of Blue Team's do...but hopefully that's something that will be added soon?

Also I do have one more question for GrimBrother One - On Kelly-087's bio her birthday is listed as being June 21st; however, in Dr. Halsey's personal journal there is an entry that chronicles Kelly's capture by ONI personnel:

[scan of the journal page]

As you can see the date is noted as being Sept. 15th, and also that Kelly's birthday was upcoming - meaning that would set Kelly's b-day somewhere within the last half of the month of September. A minor technical oversight perhaps? Which information should we regard as being "more canon"?
I didnt realize that the ghost was so tall......and the Sangheili cultural ideas do make sense in terms of the Ghost's unprotected design. Its awesome that Buck's squad got a designation, but i hope Alpha-Nine comes back. And perhaps the mistake with Kelly's birthday? Maybe she had a second birthday party or something.....idk.
We get someway to visualize fleet engagements outside of written paragraphs and scarce campaign cutscenes. Once game mechanics are out we could possibly gain accurate understanding of how different ships would fair against each other. Especially the Infinity. Really looking forward to finally getting a larger view on how naval combat actually happens. Oh and Happy Birthday Grim.
Yes! My favorite Halo character finally has her biography up! (Take a wild guess as to who that is...)

Thank you!

It's a very good summary of her character and accomplishments, and honestly I can't find much to nitpick over - and that's saying a lot. Not sure why the ending section doesn't mention the events of 'Escalation' or have a "Related Experiences" bullited list though, seeing as all the other members of Blue Team's do...but hopefully that's something that will be added soon?

Also I do have one more question for GrimBrother One - On Kelly-087's bio her birthday is listed as being June 21st; however, in Dr. Halsey's personal journal there is an entry that chronicles Kelly's capture by ONI personnel:

[scan of the journal page]

As you can see the date is noted as being Sept. 15th, and also that Kelly's birthday was upcoming - meaning that would set Kelly's b-day somewhere within the last half of the month of September. A minor technical oversight perhaps? Which information should we regard as being "more canon"?
Don't change it grim! lol although the evidence is there, I like that she shares the same birthday as me...

-her number one fan xx
If I read that correctly, I'll be able to eventually own physical models of ships from the Halo universe?

Don't change it grim! lol although the evidence is there, I like that she shares the same birthday as me...

-her number one fan xx
Oh ho ho...you might have to fight me for that title, friend. ;)
That is kinda neat that it happens to be your birthday too though. Either way, Kelly-087 is amazing no matter when her birthday is. Kelly lovers unite!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3