OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Grizzlei wrote:
Unikraken wrote:
I'm sorry, but the ORS is a very sad kitbashed mix match of different Covenant ships. With a couple of changes the ship could've been a great addition to the lore, but it misses some pretty key design aesthetics simply by virtue of being kitbashed together. The Covenant doesn't borrow chunks and pieces from various designs. They either down/up scale an entire ship or design a new one wholly from the ground up. The ORS is just a mess and that 343 didn't see that is incredibly troubling for fans of the ships of Halo. The entire engine section is just copy-pasted from a CCS, the bow of the ship is just copied from a CAS with CCS prongs thrown on. The bow could be forgiven if they hadn't literally copied the CCS's engine section.

It's bad enough that Bungie and 343 thought having the CRS and RCS be copies of the CCS was a good idea, let alone the CSO being a literal polygon-for-polygon copy of Halo 3's CAS. You guys really need to man up and start creating original designs instead of recycling stuff that worked 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the Ticonderoga-class cruiser uses the same hull and shares many of the same systems as the Spruance-class destroyer, with both classes exhibiting the same architectural style with most western combat vessels of the period. A proposed ballistic missile defense cruiser could use the same hull as the San Antonio-class amphibious landing platform dock ship. Lastly, many aircraft carriers up until the end of the 1940s were built on hulls or were refitted from from cruisers and merchant ships; flight deck designs often carry over from previous classes. Your argument ignores precedent in the real world where proven designs, whether they're as simple as a stabilizer or as complex as an entire hull, can and will be used in the future to strengthen its capabilities efficiently and economically.

ORS is not only a good looking design, but it's smart. Because not everything you see sailing the seas, treading across wide open plains, or thundering through the skies needs to be an iconic, totally unique property just so fans can distinguish it. This design succeeds so well because you think it's a boring waste of time on 343's part. The naval architects of the former Covenant wouldn't have nearly such strong as feelings about it as you. They wanted to pump out as many ships as possible utilizing the most advanced, already proven technologies. You'll see a lot of "kitbashing" in most navies throughout history and will for quite some time.

You mention that the Covenant only scales their ships like CCS and CRS, or CSO and CAS. However, what's the difference between those vessels besides their size and the role they can play according to that? The CCS and CRS fulfill many of the same roles albeit at quite drastically different ranges and level of self-sustainability. The CSO and CAS, meanwhile, have only size to differentiate them. ORS incorporates the mature technologies of its sister ships throughout the Covenant fleet and integrates them into a notably stealthier profile with bolstered weapon systems. That's cause for an entirely new class. However, nothing about that prohibits the design from drawing inspiration and implementing proven systems from previous classes.

Also, please don't say something as ridiculous as "man up." First off, not all of Halo's fans and developers are men, and secondly, you're complaining about a lack of artistic imagination in a tabletop miniature game based on a fictional science fiction universe. Chill.
*claps* That was actually well thought out.
I for one like the ORS class, if I was a naval commander and saw this at first (like first contact first), I'd say it was just another CCS class ship, just bigger, only to be proven wrong as it kicked my -Yoink- up and down space.

As for the Epoch Class ship, my only problem is that "handle" like thing near the bottom, that's my only beef with it :p
I for one like the ORS class, if I was a naval commander and saw this at first (like first contact first), I'd say it was just another CCS class ship, just bigger, only to be proven wrong as it kicked my -Yoink- up and down space.

As for the Epoch Class ship, my only problem is that "handle" like thing near the bottom, that's my only beef with it :p
That long section on the ventral side of the Epoch-class's hull may be structurally integral in strengthening the bow and amidship together.
Grizzlei wrote:

That long section on the ventral side of the Epoch-class's hull may be structurally integral in strengthening the bow and amidship together.
That actually makes sense, the Pillar of Autumn actually had the same sort of stuff with the inside of the ship, the more plasma melted the metal, the more stronger it actually became. With that small bit of the Epoch Class, it could possible be used to ram into ships (Much like the Infinity did)
My question is when will Sangheili return as playable characters?
As many people has stated they will not purchase Halo 5 because of the lack of Sangheili
The fleet geek inside me is so excited for this new game. Finally starships big and small are finally getting the love they deserve in the Haloverse! :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3