Canon Fodder 2-20-15: Have S'Moa

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
This week in Canon Fodder, we answer a few of your burning questions about the Halo universe (at least, I think that's what that smell is...).

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Looks like the two most important bits of information are:

Quote:
Were there any active Headhunters at the end of the Human-Covenant War?
- Cpl Lucas96 & Aspari
The Headhunter special operations program is still active, though it has undergone various changes and adjustments to its structure. Spartan branch and ONI retain a very select list of Spartan-III and Spartan-IV operatives who, when the need arises, can be employed in either two-person [BINARY] or single-operative [LONEWOLF] teams. The details of their missions always remain classified.
and

Quote:
Who were Spartan Teams Gauntlet, Red, and Echo (mentioned in Halo Reach)? Spartan-III teams like Noble?
- Toa Freak
These Spartan teams were indeed specialized S-III squads much like NOBLE, their constituent members partitioned off from their original companies in much the same way.
I'm glad to hear that Spartan III headhunters are still out there (fingers crossed Tom and Lucy are a pair of them now.) and I'm very curious to get explanations about how many Spartan III's actually died in PROMETHEUS and TORPEDO. We've got well into 30 Spartans from each company at this point....
Once again, thank you for bringing back the Lore Q&A!
im disappointed that my questions were not answered. (Hopefully for good reasons)
however the answers you gave were very good.
the fact that we now know that the Forerunner object in the 2013 E3 trailer is NOT a war sphinx is very juicy info though.
i hope the rest of the questions asked will be answered in the near future.
Would have wanted to know more in depth about high charity but yay anyways for new canon fodder.
The lekgolo were native to the ring!?
The lekgolo were native to the ring!?

We still know next to nothing about them, but the theory about their being leftover Covenant is definitely debunked.

This week in Canon Fodder, we answer a few of your burning questions about the Halo universe (at least, I think that's what that smell is...).

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Thanks for answering my UNSC naval question!
im disappointed that my questions were not answered. (Hopefully for good reasons)

Like I said, there are many factors that go into things, sometimes (not all) it is because it would ruin future experiences if things are revealed out of place/out of order. Other times, it's a sheer matter of time and volume to try and get to a ton of questions while a million things are going on at once :-) In the end, what we try and mainly do is make sure the ones we DO pick provide cool and exciting new details about the universe overall.

<3
Grim
The Moa live on as expensive fast food.... good to know.
I knew there had to be more civilizations than just that of Humanity and the Covenant species.

Like I said, there are many factors that go into things, sometimes (not all) it is because it would ruin future experiences if things are revealed out of place/out of order. Other times, it's a sheer matter of time and volume to try and get to a ton of questions while a million things are going on at once :-) In the end, what we try and mainly do is make sure the ones we DO pick provide cool and exciting new details about the universe overall.

<3
Grim
Thats totally fine. what you picked were very good choices.
It is Q&A like this that makes canon fodder one of my favorite things in Halo news.
It was really interesting to learn that the Lekgolo from Halo:Nightfall weren't actually originally Covenant. But natives to the ring. You said thousands of plans tried and failed, does that mean the Forerunners were planning to use Lekgolo as way to destroy the flood?
I enjoyed it wish we could've gotten more questions but hey I'm happy for what we got. Thanks grim!

<3
Grim

Thats totally fine. what you picked were very good choices.
Hey lot of people asked about Gray Team, there was nothing about them..... YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!
Amazing! Simply amazing! It's always great to get some of the burning questions answered, and I'm glad to say that all the ones selected were good questions (in my not-so-humble and extremely biased opinion). Thank you, Grim, as always!

Two follow-up questions, or rather, two follow-ups that I think you may be able to answer (God knows I have dozens that probably can't be answered), pertaining to the answer about the Headhunters:

Quote:
...can be employed in either two-person [BINARY] or single-operative [LONEWOLF] teams.
Is this to say:

1. That Noble 6 was part of the Headhunter Program prior to his/her transfer to Noble Team?

2. That Carter's statement, "That lone-wolf stuff stays behind," could be interpreted as having a double meaning (referring both to the nature of Noble 6's mission and his designation as a [LONEWOLF] Headhunter)?
It was really interesting to learn that the Lekgolo from Halo:Nightfall weren't actually originally Covenant. But natives to the ring. You said thousands of plans tried and failed, does that mean the Forerunners were planning to use Lekgolo as way to destroy the flood?
Yes since they seem to feed on everything and cannot be infected the forerunners would use them to feed on flood and the tech they consumed. And Hunter Armor Cool.
The theory of the 2013 E3 Forerunner Construct being a War Sphinx is official DEBUNKED
So the theory of the 2013 E3 Forerunner Construct being a War Sphinx is official DEBUNKED
Well, War Sphinxes were described as looking like, well, Sphinxes, and having Forerunner-like faces, so...
Thanks for answering my question! I've always been fascinated by shield worlds and monitors can be so unreliable sometimes ;)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6