1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
I'm happy that my burning question was answered! Sad it's not a war sphinx but hopefully its a seeker.
Yay my question also got answered! That's cool to know now Elites and Spartans train together...

Now for Invasion to return.
This post was incredibly helpful to me. Thanks for bringing up the info you did!
cool
I really hope you guys get the appreciation deserved for the Cannon Fodder articles. This has been something I and other lore fans wanted for years and having it seems like a Halo Christmas every week.The questions are taken seriously and actual information is given with the universe descriptions. All of you deserve praise for the work being done each week and hopefully this lasts a long while.
This means a lot to the entire team; the kind words are very much appreciated! :-)

<3
Grim
I kinda wish we could have gotten a little more info on the Song of Retribution. Most of the information posted was stuff we already knew about. The first paragraph for example is from the Halo 4: Essential Visual Guide word-for-word. I was hoping we might learn about her combat record during the war. Did she participate in any battles we're aware of, or maybe ones we're not aware of? Where was she when Jul 'Mdama found her and added her to his fleet? Did the Song of Retribution ever engage the Shadow of Intent in battle? Where exactly did she go during Halo 4's campaign? She left the Dawn's debris after his forces launched to assault it, but where was she after the Ur-Didact awoke and took command of the Mantle's Approach? Where was she when the Infinity was at Requiem the second time? All we got was that she "participated in a series of campaigns on Requiem before eventually fleeing the doomed planet." We never actually see her in Campaign or Spartan Ops though, so that description is a little vague.
In regards to the vis-guide info, there will definitely be times where you see published first-party material directly reused where applicable, and that only makes sense; it's still just as viable and means that we can devote more time to creating more in other areas (even if not necessarily more in that particular entry).

Also understand that oftentimes we want to leave plenty of room for awesome storytelling in the future for whatever various subject matter it might be. While sometimes certain articles or subjects might not be completely blown out from the very get-go, it might mean that we can revisit that place in the universe in a much more compelling way down the road. (I know you aren't complaining, I just thought I would help explain the position a bit more)

<3
Grim
A lot of cool information this week. Really wish Jerrod's whereabouts would finally be disclosed if just to clear up one loose end in Glasslands, even if it was just him getting left behind on Onyx. But he was fairly minor and in the face of revelations about the Lekgolo on the ring and new light shed on the Headhunters, forgivable.
A lot of cool information this week. Really wish Jerrod's whereabouts would finally be disclosed if just to clear up one loose end in Glasslands, even if it was just him getting left behind on Onyx. But he was fairly minor and in the face of revelations about the Lekgolo on the ring and new light shed on the Headhunters, forgivable.
In my own mind, I've just figured that he might have just been worn out. Maybe the passage through the slipspace portal affected him in a negative way (Cortana was affected by the constant use of portals in Halo 4).
Thanks Grim! Canon Fodder in my opinion is one of the best things you guys have done!(Well with the exception of the games and books and stuff :P) It's like new juicy lore chucks every week! <3
In regards to the vis-guide info, there will definitely be times where you see published first-party material directly reused where applicable, and that only makes sense; it's still just as viable and means that we can devote more time to creating more in other areas (even if not necessarily more in that particular entry).

Also understand that oftentimes we want to leave plenty of room for awesome storytelling in the future for whatever various subject matter it might be. While sometimes certain articles or subjects might not be completely blown out from the very get-go, it might mean that we can revisit that place in the universe in a much more compelling way down the road. (I know you aren't complaining, I just thought I would help explain the position a bit more)

<3
Grim
Oh I would never actually complain about what information we're getting. We got a lot of starship information today and that was extremely appreciated. I wouldn't expect every question to be answered on the first go either. The questions I posted were just a few examples off the top of my head that I would like to see answered someday.

Out of all the questions though, I find myself curious as to what she was doing during the Campaign. A novelization of Halo 4 would do wonders in this case. A novelization of every game would actually be a pretty neat idea. I know Halo: The Flood wasn't exactly a fan favorite, but it certainly had it's moments. Usually any scene that wasn't following the Master Chief was good and it was interesting to see the events of the game unfolding from other perspectives.

343i has a lot on their plate right now but if we could get a novel, or a short story even, from the point of view of other characters like Jul 'Mdama, the Ur-Didact or the Infinity crew during the events of Halo 4, that would just be neat. I would like to know what's going through Jul's mind when the Ur-Didact calls his people "beasts" and "primitives" haha.
This canon fodder really impressed me, I didn't expect so much information at once
I wonder if we will ever get the other options we didnt get(or vote enough for) Like the Shade Turret and so on. Would love to see them at some point regardless ^^

Great job I love the Answers. This makes me wonder what Moa tastes like xD
I knew there had to be more civilizations than just that of Humanity and the Covenant species.
Oh really? Is that because you studied science at primary school?
Please... the question was about "sentient life". A single gravemind or forerunner or precursor alive would make the answer a yes. Without the need to say that in other galaxies, or in unexplored areas of our, obviously there is "sentient life".

Don't want to be rude, but my questions never get answered, thanks to the existence of stupid easy-answerable as this one.
Will we ever know about stanforth? And surgeon? And usual suspects?
No because we care more about obviousness. Next time let's ask if there are more stars than those we see watching the sky at night, I'm sure halopedia would appreciate such an advantage to the canon.

P.s Oh, thanks for doing this Grimbrother, no matter what, at least I get a chance! And some answered questions were interesting and significative.
erickyboo wrote:
Also, there seems to be something wrong with high charity's article.

"Diameter:0.95 G"

Fixed that, thanks for the catch!
How do the Sangheili call High Charity?
I really hope you guys get the appreciation deserved for the Cannon Fodder articles. This has been something I and other lore fans wanted for years and having it seems like a Halo Christmas every week.The questions are taken seriously and actual information is given with the universe descriptions. All of you deserve praise for the work being done each week and hopefully this lasts a long while.

This means a lot to the entire team; the kind words are very much appreciated! :-)

<3
Grim
This Canon Fodder was awesome. I wish we could have found out how the Sangheili called High Charity.

Also the fact that we got so much info on covenant ships was great. Wish we can get more light on the covenant ship classification in the future. The Threshold articles was also awesome! So when do we get to vote again?
Darn it! I'm a massive Lore fan and had I known there was a Lore Q&A, I would have had so many questions!

Will there be more Lore Q&A's in the future?
I have got to say, I have some SERIOUS respect for the people behind all of this. Not many game series devote this much time to makeing a more fleshed out universe. Good job to all of the people coming up with this!
This was a good read, nice work.

Quote:
What is the canonical design of the Charon-class Frigate? The one featured in Halo 3, or Halo 4?

- Onyx81

Halo 3 shows the canonical Charon-class, while Halo 4 introduced us to the Strident-class of UNSC frigates.

All though the new Frigate at the start of Halo 4 always makes me wonder how Master Chief drove a Warthog in there.
PIX24 wrote:
I knew there had to be more civilizations than just that of Humanity and the Covenant species.

Please... the question was about "sentient life". A single gravemind or forerunner or precursor alive would make the answer a yes. Without the need to say that in other galaxies, or in unexplored areas of our, obviously there is "sentient life".

Don't want to be rude, but my questions never get answered, thanks to the existence of stupid easy-answerable as this one.
No because we care more about obviousness. Next time let's ask if there are more stars than those we see watching the sky at night, I'm sure halopedia would appreciate such an advantage to the canon.

P.s Oh, thanks for doing this Grimbrother, no matter what, at least I get a chance! And some answered questions were interesting and significative.
It should be made clear that no question goes unanswered for the sake of there being "more answerable" questions to take its place. We aren't looking for a specific number to hit each time, and no question gets "bumped out" by another one. Each one is used or not based on the variety of factors I've listed both in this thread and in the article itself. And while the answer to sentient life question was relatively simple, it was still a good question to ask. Keep in mind that we also want things like this to feel accessible to new fans who might not know every detail like many of you do. Helping grow and cultivate more fans of the Halo lore is important to not just us, but should be equally so to all the fans who already love it.

Grim
PIX24 wrote:

It should be made clear that no question goes unanswered for the sake of there being "more answerable" questions to take its place. We aren't looking for a specific number to hit each time, and no question gets "bumped out" by another one. Each one is used or not based on the variety of factors I've listed both in this thread and in the article itself. And while the answer to sentient life question was relatively simple, it was still a good question to ask. Keep in mind that we also want things like this to feel accessible to new fans who might not know every detail like many of you do. Helping grow and cultivate more fans of the Halo lore is important to not just us, but should be equally so to all the fans who already love it.

Grim
Even the simplest of stuff is good. I mean, good to refresh for many I hope. And as stated helps the new lore fans get info they may not get or find easily.(aka accessible)

I mean its impossible to know everything in Halo or have it in our heads at one time(even though it would be an amazing feat for any person even Employees as 343i) a recap is always nice. I bet you even learn stuff a lot Grim and need recaps now and then ^^

Plus the more accessible the lore is. The better possible conversations we can have here and other places regarding the lore. So win win in my eyes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6