Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 2-27-16: Fighting Words

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This week in Canon Fodder, we dive deep into Halo's crossover with Killer Instinct.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
Excellent Fodder Grim! No mention or way for making yourself look like Gek? ;))
You're probably very excited! Interesting to see all the harness choices! I'm probably going to get Arbiter for KI.
It would be interesting seeing Thel one day wielding the Blood of Suban.

Speaking of, it'd be nice as well to have more information on the Fury and Blissful Slumber. The river of light and blood of Suban sections were great. I hope we'll get more of those.
So awesome to see so many Sangheili armor coming to KI along side the Arbiter!

Also, is there a canonical reason for the Scarab being featured on the Arena of Judgement, despite there being no Scarabs seen in Halo 4 or Halo 5's campaigns?

Also, is there a canonical reason for the Scarab being featured on the Arena of Judgement, despite there being no Scarabs seen in Halo 4 or Halo 5's campaigns?
Because awesome. ;-)

I mean, it isn't out of the question that there could have been a Scarab present somewhere there...

But mainly because awesome.

Grim

Because awesome. ;-)

I mean, it isn't out of the question that there could have been a Scarab present somewhere there...

Grim
Good enough for me.

Because awesome. ;-)

Grim
Does that mean Locusts were in the area too? Because they're awesome
Can you confirm which Banshee variation we see in the sky?
rukizzel wrote:
Yes.
Loved the article Grim as always! I wonder though, are the armor sets for the Sangheili in Killer Instinct graphically updated? For example the Zealot, Ranger, and Ascetic armor? If so, I'm definitely getting this game, cause then I would be able to see a super detailed, more canonized version of the armor sets. Anyways, to talk about the SOEIV's, seems like there are at least 4 versions seen throughout the 25th and 26th centuries. Those would be the versions seen in Halo 4 Foward Unto Dawn, Halo 3 ODST, the ones seen in Halo 2, and now the Post War variations. Based on appearances, I would surmise that the ones seen in FUD are the first variants issued in 2461, but during the time period of 2526, the ODST variant was being developed due to the Insurrection, and eventually replaced the previous.

Then, at around the 2540's, the Halo 2 version was being developed as a contemporary model to the standard issue, but this model eventually evolved into the Post War SOEIV, which is currently in 2558, the standard issue model. But, if there is one question I have in regards to the ODST's, it's this: the first iterations of the ODST's were commissioned by the UN in 2129, but the first model of the SOEIV was commissioned in 2461, so did the ODST's seen throughout the 22nd-25th centuries use different methods of insertion, or did they use different "pods" that served a similar function to the SOEIV that would eventually evolve into the SOEIV? Kind of like the insertion pods featured in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. Anyways, that's my three cents on today's article. Thank you again Grim!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
I downloaded Killer Instinct Season 1 when it was Free For Gold. I really only downloaded it because of nostalgia (the fact it came with KI1 Classic was a win), because my uncle and I used to play KI1 together, and it was so much fun. But outside of that, fighting games aren't really my thing. So when I went to go play KI with a Xbl friend, and we both really started to enjoy playing it, well, I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy the game so much. And then I hear they're adding the Arbiter in as a DLC character, and that's when I was completely sold.

As far as which armor I'm going to go with, I'm totally going with the Ascetic Armor! It's my second favorite Sangheili armor; And it's basically the Honor Guard before/after the Honor Guard, and Honor Guard armor is, without question, my favorite.
I was hoping Jul 'Mdama's armor would be a choice, but whatevs.

Gotta wonder what Energy Sword variants we'll be able to choose (Infected Energy Sword from H2A would be sick).

Because awesome. ;-)

Grim
That seems like the obvious answer. :P Just because we don't see something in a specific game(Halo 5 doesn't have Scarabs or Plasma Rifles or Revenants, Halo CE didn't have the DMR or ODST BDUs, etc. etc.) doesn't mean they didn't exist during those events in canon. Unless of course its stated otherwise.

Also just personal opinion but Scarab > Kraken. ;)
I feel a little sad our amalgamation Sangheili.
Wonder what Elite personalities he holds. If he is conflicted on who he really is. And if he feels confused fighting another amalgamation Sangheili. I suppose Honor will stick though as with most Sangheili.
CIA391 wrote:
I feel a little sad our amalgamation Sangheili.
Wonder what Elite personalities he holds. If he is conflicted on who he really is. And if he feels confused fighting another amalgamation Sangheili. I suppose Honor will stick though as with most Sangheili.
Lol.
If there is one thing I love though is that. We can see clearly 2 different Sangheili phenotypes in 1 game in the same location. :D

Linky for those curious.
lol the tiny phantom in the concept art, I wonder what variation that one is? xD
CIA391 wrote:
If there is one thing I love though is that. We can see clearly 2 different Sangheili phenotypes in 1 game in the same location. :D

Linky for those curious.
Let's pray this carries over to Halo 6 and other future Halo titles!
rukizzel wrote:
It looks like it's based on the new Type-54 variant seen in Halo 5.
lol the tiny phantom in the concept art, I wonder what variation that one is? xD
The Phantom looks like it's the Type-52 version from Halo 3.
rukizzel wrote:
It looks like it's based on the new Type-54 variant seen in Halo 5.
From what we seen so far in actual gameplay. Assets are borrowed(or designed exactly after) from Halo 5: Guardians, and Halo Reach.

Though I get the feeling the Ascetic harness might use Halo 3's model.

But we will see when the final build comes out in March.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3