Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Canon Fodder 3-11-16: Bulkhead Banter

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This week in Canon Fodder, we announce Halo: Tales from Slipspace, and talk new additions to Halo: Fleet Battles.

Read more here...

<3
Grim
FIRsT

Really loving that starship lore Grim! Halo's space battles thanks to Eric Nylund's excellent diction and Greg Bear's fantastical descriptions in Crypum and Silentium have always made it a jewel in Halo's lore. At the same time I say that, I am kicking myself for owning Halo: Fleet Battles and not having played it yet!

Speaking of ships, I was just reading a bit of the Fall of Reach and realized that the Covenant Sniper Ship's beam was described as looking like it had energy shield properties to it. More than that, the ship was destroyed roughly 14,000,000 kilometers away from Beta Gabriel which someone on the bridge crew of the Autumn described as being right next door.

The Sniper Ship was the only known Covenant ship carrying a weapon that in comparison to a glassing cannon made it obsolete. So did the Sniper Ship get caught in Beta Gabriel's gravity well and pulled down into its oceans? Is the Sniper Ship the ship Fathom Station is looking for?

Also, that artwork for Tales from Slipspace is beautiful.
Loved all of the new ship information! Was really hoping for more angles of the Valiant though. Sparth's redesign really made it a great looking UNSC ship!
This is very interesting Grim, thank you.

On a side note, I noticed this article (Meridian) lacked the number for the War Games map "The Rig". (yeah, it's old)
Very interesting read. The new details on the ships, and other sentient species are welcome additions.
Hi!
Didn't get first aww..
I really like the ships! Big fan of the destroyer! I like the info! I've also been drawing an Epoch but not done yet, fits nicely with this week's theme.

I like the inclusion of Red Horse scans and stuff.

As for tales from slipspace? Looking forward to it. And seems like we're going to have different art styles for it. Well, I suppose you do know our concerns. I wonder where that image is from oo,
Ah, the Valiant-class and CPV-class. Two of my favorite Halo starship designs. I'm curious Grim, what would the hull classification for the Valiant-class be? Since the Marathon-class is a Heavy Cruiser with CA as its classification, would the "Super" Heavy Cruiser be CB (Large Cruiser) or CC (Battlecruiser)?
erickyboo wrote:
Hi!
Didn't get first aww..
I really like the ships! Big fan of the destroyer! I like the info! I've also been drawing an Epoch but not done yet, fits nicely with this week's theme.

I like the inclusion of Red Horse scans and stuff.

As for tales from slipspace? Looking forward to it. And seems like we're going to have different art styles for it. Well, I suppose you do know our concerns. I wonder where that image is from oo,
The beauty of projects like these is that you can apply a universal stylistic treatment to a particular story without necessarily "stepping on" things from a canonical perspective. Think about "Second Sunrise over New Mombasa" from the Halo Graphic Novel, where a consistent - and very divergent - style was used, but doesn't necessarily inform hard and fast visual identities. You might watch TMNT in a variety of different styles and artistic fidelities, but as long as Michelangelo has nun-chucks and appropriate orange accents, you've pretty much got him nailed. :-)

And trust me, I know your concerns lol.

<3
Grim
Ohhh my, so much ship information this time around. Absolutely eat this stuff up, and boy was I excited about reading the CPV article, since it is my favorite ship in the entire Covenant Fleet. <3 And Halo Tales from Slipspace seems like its going to be interesting. I just hope the stories in it are appropriate for its media, as I have mentioned multiple times on various threads here on Waypoint over the past few days. However, that title still sounds strange to me, but oh well haha. And more species you say? I assume we might be hearing more about these (seeing them too?) later in future media.....and by the way, I have a question to ask you Grim. I have never tried this before, but are we even allowed to contact you through the messaging system on Waypoint? Thank you for another delightful article Grim!

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN
You certainly can. Sometimes I even answer! Lol.
The talk about species reminded me of the sharquoi (aka drinol). I was wondering will we ever hear more about them or are they even still canon.
Sangheili have bad records.
dxyz5 wrote:
The talk about species reminded me of the sharquoi (aka drinol). I was wondering will we ever hear more about them or are they even still canon.
Confirmed in a Canon fodder quite a while ago that they are canon and that we may hear about them in the future.
Now that you mention it, it does ring a bell. Thanks eben gibon king. But It would still be cool to get some new info on them.
You talk about Tales from Slipspace 'cause there is a leak on waypoint. Now let's talk about this novel Grim <3
Pelux94 wrote:
You talk about Tales from Slipspace 'cause there is a leak on waypoint. Now let's talk about this novel Grim <3
All in due time...
Pelux94 wrote:
All in due time...
Well played sir.
*takes another deep breath*
*continues to hold for novel news*
Pelux94 wrote:
All in due time...
  1. Halo Wars 2 (Limited edition hopefully)
  2. Tales from Slipspace
  3. Halo New Blood Physical
  4. Halo escalation volume 4
  5. Unannounced Novel
  6. Halo Mythos
I don't think my wallet will survive this year..
Pelux94 wrote:
All in due time...
Leak nah, the piping is all good in my eyes.

All jokes aside. This was first announced in February. And it only skipped under everyone radar. Only took everyone 16 odd days to find it. xD
So it seems that this was gonna be announced regardless.
Am I the only one who noticed how we never see the back of the CPV-Class-Heavy Destroyer? xD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2